shape
carat
color
clarity

You're most PRIZED Piece

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
So I have been thinking recently about all of my recent loose stone acquisitions and am wondering if I had to pick one and only one, which would I consider to be my most PRIZED piece (loose stones only please). The one I can pick up and just drool over each and every time?? (I am still trying to decide) SO, let me ask you - what is your most PRIZED loose stone and what makes it such for you? Please post photos along with explanations as to what makes it your most prized...mine will be coming soon. :love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the one in your avatar, kenny? It's absolutely amazing! Gorgeous shade of green :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup! Thanks. It's greenolicious. :lickout:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's worth every penny! Sounds silly I know, but every time I see it, I get this happy feeling :))

I might have to start looking into colored diamonds :o

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
This .26 ct GIA VS2 Fancy Intense Green round diamond I recently acquired.

This old cut is a fireball of dispersion and scintillation, and I can hardly wait to wear it.
Here is an angled close up view; I love seeing all those repeats of the open culet.
It reminds me of a bouquet of flowers.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-new-fancy-colored-diamonds-blue-green.148569/

Hey Kenny,
awesome photo - I can see why it is your prize stone.
Being a cut nut, I thought you may like to know that culet effect is called Kozibe - I love it in my old diamonds too ::)

Rparker, my most prized stones are set, because they're my favourites and so I want to wear them! ;-)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My most prized loose stone is the emerald I rescued from the hideous setting. I'm still dithering over what to do with it.
kiz-emeraldring1.jpg kiz-emeraldfreed3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This seemingly easy question is extremely difficult to answer. Each stone holds a very special place in my heart and if I should happen to lose it or have it damaged, I’ll be crying for days. It’s a toss-up between my new chrysoberyl, violet blue spinel, cobalt spinel and tsavorite. Thank goodness my spessartite and Mahenge spinel are not under consideration since they are already set. I think the pictures speak as to the difficulty of choosing only one.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Oh without doubt it's my citrine asscher from Peter Torraca. It's the stone I made my debut to Pricescope with. It was my first precision cut stone and first from Peter. If I'm not mistaken I also believe it is the first PT asscher to be seen on Pricescope as well. I consider it to be my most prized stone because I have made some very firm and life-long friendships because of it. The stone that started it all as they say.

Peter Toracca original citrine asscher 03.jpg

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Kismet said:
My most prized loose stone is the emerald I rescued from the hideous setting. I'm still dithering over what to do with it.
kiz-emeraldring1.jpg kiz-emeraldfreed3.jpg
I love all these stones in this setting, just not the setting. Good eye for seeing its potential. What are you going to do with all the diamonds. I want them WAAA. I see an eternity band out of those

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
2 natural fancy diamonds. Couldn't decide between the two.

greenandredgia.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two. A sapphire and a spinel.

Sapphire is from Gene, and I originally considered the rough for an ering stone.

The spinel was what I originally wanted for an ering. It belonged to LoveInBloom, and I was in the right place at the right time to snag it when she decided to give it up. It's from our beloved Barry, and one of his supernovas.

The sapphire will be set relatively soon (within 6 months hopefully) but I have no ideas for the spinel still. :sick:

Both are also seen on this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lavender-and-mint.131669/

IMG_9828 freke.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild said:
I have two. A sapphire and a spinel.

Sapphire is from Gene, and I originally considered the rough for an ering stone.

The spinel was what originally wanted for an ering. It belonged to LoveInBloom, and I was in the right place at the right time to snag it when she decided to give it up. It's from our beloved Barry, and one of his supernovas.

The sapphire will be set relatively soon (within 6 months hopefully) but I have no ideas for the spinel still. :sick:

Both are also seen on this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lavender-and-mint.131669/

FrekeChild
Those are Gorgeous....can't wait to see them set...and hand shots of course!!! :wavey:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
That's a toughie, but I know this is one of mine because it's quite uncommon and also very pretty - 2.38ct "Irridescent" Chrome tourmaline cab

irridescent chrome tourmaline2.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That's hard because my most prized stones are set. But of the loose ones, probably my Oregon Sunstone from precision gems. It's such a fireball. :love: :love: :love:

Here's a couple of pics.

sunstone on a flower smudgy .jpg

GLOW sunstone.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I'm also pretty fond of this 3.07 ct certified demantoid. I'm posting the vendor photo along with mine because it looks more yellow in my photo than it is IRL and my photo is out in the sun....it isn't the deep perfect green of some demantoids, but none the less, I think it's a nice one, especially considering the size.

demantoid.jpg

demantoid1.JPG

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
And my hopefully new favorite when I receive it is this 1.92ct certified Mahenge spinel (which is currently being certed). I'm hopeful that it's as pretty as it was promised to be. It's the stone in my avatar, but when I put it in my avatar it made it look more rounded that it is. I have over 200 unset stones and while most of them are not "show stoppers", there are certainly several that I really like so it's really hard to choose.

mahenge.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks CL.

soberguy said:
2 natural fancy diamonds. Couldn't decide between the two.

Soberguy I'm a FCD nut. :naughty: (I'm also having a glass of red wine so don't be mad at me.) :tongue:
Can you tell us more about these two beauties?
Do you have a link to a thread about them?

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks for all of the responses! Glad to know I could challenge some of you a little bit :) Ya'all humble me so!

My favorite is down to two; I just have to decide which...

A Salmony Pink Spinel from Tan or a Demantoid Garnet in the 1ct range from Oilpearl I beleive...I'd have to look at my paperwork to be sure....

Two of my newer aquisitions. I am waiting for the rest of my stones to arrive before I take photos...I have about 25 new stones to photo.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is mine. It should be here next week and then it's going on to be set in a ring reminiscent of Erica's asscher.

Yellow Sapphire.jpg

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl said:
This is mine. It should be here next week and then it's going on to be set in a ring reminiscent of Erica's asscher.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl said:

WOW!!!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
That cut is amazing, isn't it. It reminds me of an origami fan. I wasn't in the market for anything but when I saw that . . . Plus, it's totally untreated. I just had to have it. I tried to buy the tourmaline asscher he had also but that sucker sold within 3 minutes of it hitting the page. I wonder who got it.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have 2 pieces:) A Color Change spinel and a Alexandrite :)

Photo0559.jpg

Photo0245.jpg

Photo0249.jpg

Photo0483.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Boo I can't play! All my favorite and most prized stones get set almost right away so I can wear them.

Freke, I love that spinel. Obviously, since I've said so a bajillion times I think :razz:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
tradergirl said:
:love: AWESOME...can't wait to see that one!!!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like yours. That's really nice.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm tough question even though I only have small collection. Think at the moment it would be my latest aquisition from Doug of Bespoke Gems which arrived last week. I have already sent it off to be set by Daniel M but as it hasn't arrived yet I'm gonna count it in this thread. :naughty: It's a 3.3ct cushion cut natural blue topaz. When I opened that parcel I was almost blinded by the sparkle from that beauty! It truly is icy sky blue with lovely crisp facets. Looks massive on my size 4 finger too. Am totally smitten..... :love:

bluetopaz.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, HotPozzum! I admired that one on his site. Really looking forward to seeing it in its setting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results