shape
carat
color
clarity

Your vote please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Love that tapered baguette ring. It is so stunning and elegant. Really don''t like the split shank one A-TALL. In comparison to the tapered baguette, it''s ghastly. Well you asked for honest opinions. . .

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
G, since you asked...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tapered baguette one. Not a huge fan of the other, because of the big ''ol prongs, but I know you said you are filing them down so I cannot quite picture it. HOWEVER, it is not going to be mine (sniff sniff) so I would say that get the one you love, and if you are really 50-50 on it, try to see down the road which one you can imagine wearing...I mean, they are both stunning so it is a win win to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I somehow missed this and then went out of town, but I think the halo will better solve the DSS problem. I''m pretty much with the others who said to start over with a new stone, but since your DF is not inclined that way, there''s not much you can do. But I would check to see if the halo setting could be redone with a colored stone. Because I do think you''ll end up with an upgrade one day. On the other hand (pun intended), the baguette halo ring would make a lovely RHR with this diamond in it. So perhaps in time you can keep it for your right hand and start over with a new diamond wedding set.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 10:24:56 PM
Author: portoar
Love that tapered baguette ring. It is so stunning and elegant. Really don''t like the split shank one A-TALL. In comparison to the tapered baguette, it''s ghastly. Well you asked for honest opinions. . .

ROFLMAO. I did. And I truly do appreciate the honest reply. And the laugh it gave me. Portoar, thank you.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF and DS... and well... everyone looking at this revived thread. I've had some lovely chats with Jonathan from GOG about my asscher, possible consignment, halos, richard landi... well you name it.

LOL. He's been a great and PATIENT (like all of you) help. And like most of you (not all of you, I realize) has voted for the halo as the cure for the DSS-- short of an actual upgrade. I do very much lust after the 'ghastly' Richard Landi still. But well... it's not like the design is going anywhere... or the designer.

Special thanks to Kaleigh's RHR... for showing me what a halo can do for an asscher on similar proportions to mine.

AND as Pete hasn't gotten back to me with an updated qoute for the halo setting... I've asked Jonathan to have his 'man' give me one when he returns from the break. Apparently he has done baguette halo's before.

DF and DS... thanks for chiming in though... glad you all didn't pick 3!
9.gif

ETA: I will mention the RHR if it doesn't work to cure DSS thing to Jon though.. forgot to. It really would look yummy set with a sapphire. And me... with a HONKING new rock. J/K. Kinda. lol.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kidding? Not. Upgrades are seriously in the back of all our minds, unless perhaps one is in the 2 ct. plus club (and even some of them still have those thoughts!)

I just love Jonathan, too. I don''t know how he puts up with PS''s like me, but he is just wonderful. I''m almost at the point that I should have done like Jade and just send him money and have him pick me a stone and just mail it! Lol!

I love those Richard Landi settings, too, but I honestly believe they need big honkin diamonds in them. I loved that one I posted, but I think it would look best with about a 2 ct. stone. And when you have a 2 ct. stone, you can justify spending $4000 on a setting! So even though I love the Richard Landi, I think your stone will get more benefit from being in the baguette halo. However, I wish your DF would let you set that beauty as a pendant now and put all your money in a new e-ring and diamond...but, I understand that weddings and jobs must come first! Darn it! The thing is, you have high income potential, so it is a realistic goal for you to get an upgrade. I just hope you can find a job where you''ll be really happy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
High income potential. LMAO.

From your lips to some drunken hiring partner''s ears.

He''s wiley my DF.... but then. So am I.
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2006 11:40:57 AM
Author: Gypsy
High income potential. LMAO.

From your lips to some drunken hiring partner''s ears.

He''s wiley my DF.... but then. So am I.
31.gif
Lol! Listen, I have a master''s and my income is capped by the state (teaching). So I know an attorney has a much higher income potential than I do! (Thankfully I have a husband who makes more than I do, or I wouldn''t be getting new rings!)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 9:09:40 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Kidding? Not. Upgrades are seriously in the back of all our minds, unless perhaps one is in the 2 ct. plus club (and even some of them still have those thoughts!)

I just love Jonathan, too. I don''t know how he puts up with PS''s like me, but he is just wonderful. I''m almost at the point that I should have done like Jade and just send him money and have him pick me a stone and just mail it! Lol!

I love those Richard Landi settings, too, but I honestly believe they need big honkin diamonds in them. I loved that one I posted, but I think it would look best with about a 2 ct. stone. And when you have a 2 ct. stone, you can justify spending $4000 on a setting! So even though I love the Richard Landi, I think your stone will get more benefit from being in the baguette halo. However, I wish your DF would let you set that beauty as a pendant now and put all your money in a new e-ring and diamond...but, I understand that weddings and jobs must come first! Darn it! The thing is, you have high income potential, so it is a realistic goal for you to get an upgrade. I just hope you can find a job where you''ll be really happy!
I think the way DSS works is that the bigger you''ve got, the bigger you want! lol! I feel so alone in not having upgrade aspirations... and I know you will all say, "just you wait" but I''m such a sentimental (emphasis on ''mental'' I''m sure lol) that I can''t imagine going through all of this to find the perfect stone without forming an intense attachment to the stone and all that it means... not to the extent that I''d ever want to part with it... then again I''ve been waiting a long time and realize this is my chance for diamond bliss so I must seize it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Believe me, I''ve had my first stone for 29 years, and the next one I plan to wear until the end. No more upgrades for me if I can ever figure out what I want!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results