shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Thoughts on This Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

changeling1988

Rough_Rock

I''ve been following these forums for a while and thought quite a bit about where to post this one in the forums. Not exactly a ''lady in waiting'' and ''show me your ring'' didn''t seem appropriate. I''m interested in your thoughts on this ring as I''ve been reading quite a bit here about Old Mine cut diamonds. I''ve already purchased this item and would like to find a reputable appraiser with experience in antique/vintage items of this age. There''s a neat story about this ring and somehow it just ''spoke'' to me...I just knew this was the one I was supposed to have.

Can you suggest appraisers that have a solid reputation? I''ve seen alot of info on here but don''t really know where to start so please forgive my ignorance. I live in Ohio but would be willing to ship if safe.

Here is what I was told about it...

"18kt yellow gold, 5 stone Victorian diamond band dated 1888-supposedly not a repro. Diamonds are D-E-F and clarity VS-1. The five Old Mine cut diamond''s weight is approximately 1.60 cts with center being .50 cts. "

I will post additional pics in additional forum posts for your review.

Many thanks in advance for your time and comments!

Vicki

vlmring1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! What gorgeous diamonds! I think people have said that David Atlas specializes in antique jewelry and I think Richard Sherwood might as well. There are at least 5 or 6 excellent appraisers who participate on this forum and I wouldn''t hesitate to use any of them...Neil, RockDoc, gosh, who else am I forgetting?

You''ll just need to send the ring by registered mail to whomever you choose. That is the safest way and includes insurance.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow....just beautiful!!
30.gif
The diamonds look fantastic!!

widget

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous! I would send it to an appraiser just to make sure, since I''m sure it''s not a cheap ring. Richard Sherwood or Dave Atlas as others have suggested would be great bets. It''s very safe to ship to them as long as you use a method that is insured.

changeling1988

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all who''ve replied already---these sound like reliable resources that are well-trusted by Pricescope''s members and the guidance is greatly appreciated.

Vicki

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love the setting and those diamonds...they''re absolutely beautiful! Wow!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful ring!!! i love the iciness of the diamonds.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely. The setting is so beautiful!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that is a gorgeous ring...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It certainly looks beautiful!! I love the profile of the setting. Ditto what others have said about recommended appraisers, this is probably a good idea and the people mentioned are very trustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results