shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Thoughts On This Cushion..

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock
My search is narrowing somewhat.. and though I love chunky/antique cushions/omc's I am looking for a more modern facet style. Looking for your thoughts on this stone. Aset and still of three contenders attached. The stone below is on the far right.

Cushion Brilliant - 4 main
Carat: 2.05
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Sym: VG
Polish: EX
Flour: N
Depth: 68.2
Table: 60%
Measurements: 7.94 x 7.07 x 4.82 (sq. mm 56.1)
Ratio: 1.12

Without knowing stats, also curious what your thoughts are on the stone on the far left in the still.

2.05 I VS2.jpg

1.70 H, 1.71 I , 2.05 I 2.jpg

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a culet? What is the dark hole in the middle of the ASET?

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock
I don't think there is a cutlet; the dark hole must just be something screwy with the image.

Edit: confirmed on the GIA cert--no cutlet.

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Might ask them to retake the ASET in that case. I like the one to the far right more than the one to the far left, FWIW.

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock
Cool, and thanks for your input. Without debating the pro's/cons of an aset image, I'm really not too worried about it. Assuming the ASET, retaken, would not show that mysterious hole, do you see any other red flags?

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
It's just the hole that bothers me. If it's just an artifact, ok -- but if it's really leakage, that's a serious problem. The ASET currently shows a good mix of red and green (and more red than green, so should face up pretty white for an I).

As long as you are happy with the price (use the PS search feature to compare) and you've seen it in person and like the diamond, I'd go for it.

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock
Confirmed with vendor--no leakage/wash-out in the center of the 2.05.

lookingforcushions

Rough_Rock
Hi anonymous1insocal, the ASET looks great to me though I'm not an expert by any means :) Lots of red that's well distributed around the stone. I'm also in searching for a cushion diamond but am having a very hard time finding sellers who can provide ASET images. Can I ask who your vendor is? I'm looking for something that's bright but smaller than what you seem to be in the market for. I'd appreciate any help. I've been looking for about a month now and haven't found what I'm looking for.

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock
Fyi, I ended up purchasing the stone.. I'm no expert either but think it has great light performance.

Lookingforcushions: I am working with Gary at ERD (www.engagementringsdirect.com). I'm sure they can find stones smaller or larger than this, with either more modern or antique facet structures. I'm having them make the setting too, and although I haven't seen my finished product yet, Gary has been very good to work with. He is patient, will give it to you straight and there is no pressure.

I understand that ERD is one of several vendors who will provide pictures, videos, and ASETs. Others include Good old gold and James Allen. I'm sure there are more, the names of which I can't remember, but perhaps someone else will chime in. For best bang for your buck, however, you can't can go wrong with ERD. They will go through their inventory to find you a "hand picked" light performer.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
anonymous1insocal said:
I don't think there is a cutlet; the dark hole must just be something screwy with the image.

Edit: confirmed on the GIA cert--no cutlet.

No its not a culet.
The ASET is showing leakage in the centre and it won't change if they take it over.

The ASET image is also poorly calibrated and showing red where it should show green in many areas.
That red ring on the outside of the image is a big no no.

Get a .srn from a sarin scanner and post it in the thread, I'll do a video or simulate an ASET without setup problems.

anonymous1insocal

Rough_Rock
Chunky: I'm not sure if .srn's (?) are available. At any rate, they're already working on the ring.. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results