shape
carat
color
clarity

Your thoughts on an issue with a vendor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hawk

Rough_Rock
Hi PSers,
I have read a lot of good testimonials about James Allen, but my dealing with them so far has been less fortunate. Please offer me your thoughts on how I should handle it.
My BF placed an order for a diamond and a setting from James Allen on last Friday. He ordered a platinum setting from a Danhov collection which is not on their website. I have worked with this person on the diamond and setting for a couple of weeks. She was helpful finding the setting I wanted. The last conversation I had she quoted $3500 and I confirmed with her a couple of times and she always said it was in platinum. When my BF got the order confirmation on Friday afternoon, it stated 18 karat white gold. So my BF left them a message on Saturday and called her back again this morning. She said it was a mistake and she would correct the order. Then she said the price she had provided was for white gold and platinum would be more. My BF and I got her on the phone at the same time and I illustrated what she had told me. She said it was a confusion and the price was for white gold. I didn''t feel like arguing with her. She said she would talk to James Allen himself and provide me another quote.
At this point, I lost a little bit confidence in her because that was clearly a mistake on her part. I knew I personally confirmed with her and my BF confirmed with her twice when he placed the order. One more thing, when my BF ordered the diamond, she got the item number mixed up as well and since he had the right number, he was able to correct it right away.
My question is since I heard JA is a good vendor, should I ask to deal with another person in JA or just go to a different vendor all together. Right now I am not very happy with the whole situation. Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hi there Hawk,

It sounds is as if your SA made a couple of mistakes, which can be frustrating but we all make mistakes from time time. I personally would not judge the whole company on that experience though as no one is perfect. If you don''t feel comfortable dealing with this particular SA by all means ask for another one and work from there :).

lady766

Rough_Rock
Hello there - now I havent got any further - Solo bros not got back to me yet - I am also talking Whiteflash - I havent heard back from them beyond some of the general enquiries I started off from - am hoping that will happen over next day or two - so will get back to you when I do.

Sorry to hear you had some probs and thanks for letting me know.

Take care

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Oy, sorry about your difficulties with JA. We bought our diamond from them and found their customer service to be prompt and friendly. Perhaps this is an innocent mistake? Maybe you can ask to speak to Jim personally and see if you can come to a resolution that''ll make you happy. See what the new quote is and do some research on how much other vendors offer it for. If JA''s quote for platinum is in line with other vendors'' prices, then maybe the initial quote was an innocent mistake by the SA. And if their price for the setting is better than others and you love it, don''t let this bump in the road keep you from getting the ring of your dreams.

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d also ask to speak to Jim. Make sure you are kind and non-accusatory, clearly state the mix-up and what you want done about it, and I am sure he will be able to help.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it was an honest mistake, and they are not obligated to give you the lower price for white gold for a platinum setting because they had to cancel the old order.

I'm sure they'd be happy to have someone else help you, or just buy it from someone else.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go to the top and talk to Jim.
Call and either set up an appointment to call him or have him call you after he has reviewed the situation with his staff.
That way he has a chance to find out what is going on before you talk to him and will be in a position to resolve it.
If it cant be resolved to your satisfaction then move to another vendor.
If the price is indeed much higher for plat. I wouldn''t expect him to sell it at the white gold price.
I would offer the plat. setting at my cost(but not less) to make up for the mix up if I was the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results