shape
carat
color
clarity

your ranking of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone....
Good day to you...

May i know if a G colour is too yellowish? and the clarity SI1... is the stone too ''dirty''?

I am also finding a stone.... My choices are:
(1) Solasfera 1.52 ct E, VS2
(2) ACA G, SI1 2.207 ct (main concern is there are so many many many clouds and crystal on the table)
(3) ACA H, VS1 2.224 ct (main concern is the H colour... too yellowish)
(4) Abazias F, VS2 2.0 ct
(5) 8 star 1.8 ct, F, VS2

Qn (1) What do all of you think?? Which is your first choice? and which is your second choice?

How do you rank the above choices?

Qn (2) Can we use HCA on Solasfera???

Appreciate your advice pleaseeeeeeeee...

I am going crazy already...this mission is so tough
20.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 12:13:05 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
G is not ''dirty'' unless you are very, very color sensitive.

1 choice #2, 2 choice #3.

Should be able to use HCA on Solasfera, but why use that when there are IS/ASET images available? HCA is only a weeding out tool.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Dear Stone cold11

Do you not like the solasfera? Why do you prefer an ACA over Solasfera? and why not 8 star?

I love it... and is checking if I can have a 2.0 carat with my budget..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 1:25:05 PM

Do you not like the solasfera? Why do you prefer an ACA over Solasfera? and why not 8 star?

Tulips these are different types of diamonds, have you seen any in person? If so then it can be a matter of taste, go with what you find beautiful.

If you haven't been able to compare these diamonds in person ( I doubt many of us have here anyway to advise you) then here are some videos which will give you an idea.

Here is a video comparing Solasfera to a round hearts and arrows which could be helpful.

http://www.vimeo.com/4165385

More videos below.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Diamond_Videos

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
G in a well cut stone will never look yellow in amost any diamond of any size. The most sensitive may find it slightly warm. You need to look at well cut diamonds to see what you think (same for H). And every SI1 is different, some are very eyeclean, some not. Each one must be judged.

HCA is only for regular cut rounds.

I would need more info to give an opinion of what I liked within your selection.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Based solely on the info you have posted here (no images/reports, just carat/color/clarity and brand), I would choose 2 or 3, provided 2 is eye-clean.

Why? I would go for size over color. G and H color are very white; an AGS or GIA-graded H will not look yellowish at all, especially when set. And a G certainly will not look yellowish. E and F are color overkill IMO. As for clarity, as long as it''s eye-clean it shouldn''t make a difference. The Solasfera and 8star will both be substantially smaller than the ACAs. And knowing nothing about the Abazias stone''s cut (not a branded cut like the other 4), I can''t comment on it. So I guess I''d rank them 2>3>5>1>4.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Different types, but with the price and size difference, I do not think I would sacrifice that much size for a special cut.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 1:30:09 PM
Author: Ellen
HCA is only for regular cut rounds.

HCA is based on the table, main pavilion and crown facets which is also the same facets on the Solasefera, not reason not to be able to use just as a rejection tool.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Hi there
I am from a far far away country in Asia.. so i have no chance to see any of these diamond in person, whether it is a ACA or Solasfera or a 8 Star...

here , we do not have any of these...unfortunately... i envy the consumers in States... the market is big and the choices are there... you have everything...

but not here...so i can only rely on opinion, photos , images and reports(frankly dont know how to analyse) ....

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, in that case, I would stick with a regular H&A cut, the two ACA''s would be fine. They are cut very well, no worries! If you''re unsure of the color, and can afford it easily, go with the G.
28.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 2:14:21 PM
Author: Ellen
Ok, in that case, I would stick with a regular H&A cut, the two ACA''s would be fine. They are cut very well, no worries! If you''re unsure of the color, and can afford it easily, go with the G.
28.gif
Ditto, I don''t think you would be disappointed with an ACA.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Yeah..
can i ask...

how do we know if the fire and scintillation of a ACA is great and is very high?

They dont use GEMEX to measure light return, fire and scintillation unlike the solasfera.. which max the light performance in all categories.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 2:32:24 PM
Author: tulips
Yeah..
can i ask...

how do we know if the fire and scintillation of a ACA is great and is very high?

They dont use GEMEX to measure light return, fire and scintillation unlike the solasfera.. which max the light performance in all categories.
ACA''s are cut with visual balance as a top priority so you should find you get a great display of fire, brilliance and scintillation. WF do not use technologies such as Gemex to the best of my knowledge, different vendors have varying preferences for tools and equipment.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 2:37:13 PM
Author: Lorelei

ACA's are cut with visual balance as a top priority so you should find you get a great display of fire, brilliance and scintillation. WF do not use technologies such as Gemex to the best of my knowledge, different vendors have varying preferences for tools and equipment.
Ditto.

However, I own a pair of diamond studs that are ACA's, so I can assure you they will be beautiful and sparkling!
2.gif

I'll link you to them. On the first page is a couple pics of my first pair. Then go to page 5, where I have several of my upgrades. this will give you a good idea of what you would be getting.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-upgrades.49892/

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 1:27:34 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 9/4/2009 1:25:05 PM

Tulips these are different types of diamonds, have you seen any in person? If so then it can be a matter of taste, go with what you find beautiful.

If you haven't been able to compare these diamonds in person ( I doubt many of us have here anyway to advise you) then here are some videos which will give you an idea.

Here is a video comparing Solasfera to a round hearts and arrows which could be helpful.

http://www.vimeo.com/4165385

More videos below.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Diamond_Videos
Great post and truthful! Chewy Bunny!!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 1:10:28 PM
Author:tulips

Hello everyone....
Good day to you...

May i know if a G colour is too yellowish? and the clarity SI1... is the stone too 'dirty'?

(2) ACA G, SI1 2.207 ct (main concern is there are so many many many clouds and crystal on the table)

Qn (1) What do all of you think?? Which is your first choice? and which is your second choice?

20.gif
I would go to GOG might be one of the few places with great examples of many of these that you can compare. If you can't do that you should certainly go to local stores to view in person the differences in colour. The ring wearer may or may not be happy with H or G it really is a matter of preference.

We have an H diamond which shows a little bit of warmth compared to higher colour diamonds but it has no yellow tint to it. The colour differences are whether it is completely ICY clear(F - D) or has a hint of white tint to it. However for some the icy white of F or higher is preferred even if it means getting a smaller diamond.

Maybe let your Fiance give you a little input. In Japan 1ct and smaller D color IF stones are quite popular. It is all a matter of taste.

Regards,
CCL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 3:42:31 PM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover
I would go to GOG might be one of the few places with great examples of many of these that you can compare.
She lives in Asia. Otherwise, you''re right.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2009 1:10:28 PM
Author:tulips

Hello everyone....
Good day to you...

May i know if a G colour is too yellowish? and the clarity SI1... is the stone too ''dirty''?

20.gif
I am no expert, but am like you, a newbie consumer. Therefore, my opinion is that of a typical observer. I have owned two diamonds so far - a 1.12 ct GIA graded F VSS2 good cut and a 2.383 Ct ACA AGS H VS2 ideal cut round diamonds. My 1.12 ct is a sparkler, but my 2.383 ct is so spectacular that the difference is like night and day. The comparison is based on contrast, brightness, brilliance, fire, scintillation, and appearance under various lighting conditions. Needless to say, my top choices are the ACA diamonds. Between the two ACA''s, I would pick the H VS2. Although the SI1 may be eye clean, I cannot shake off the thought of too many inclusions. VS2 is my absolute minimum. As for the color, I have been very used to seeing F. Yet, I do not readily notice the difference in color, because the ACA sparkles so much that distracts me from noticing the color. I have to remember to look for any color difference and place both the stones side by side in order to tell any slight color difference. In short, if I am happy with H, I do not see any big advantage of getting a G at the expense of clarity below my limit.

The Abazias is not branded, so the cut may not compare to the rest. The solasfera and the 8-star are just slightly different cut desgn. I saw GOG''s video on the solasfera. It has narrower arrows (or longer lower facets), so there are more pin point flashes (but lacking broad flashes). I think the ACA has the right balance. Actually, the ACA, solasfera, and 8-star are all beautiful designs, and I do not mind taking any one of them. My choice has a lot to do with the size. Believe me, after having owned a 2 plus carater, I cannot imagine settling for anything smaller. If the other choices were 3 carat or larger, my decision may likely be different.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Ellen,

loves those fire rocks you have... sooooooooooo envious ya... so pretty!

i have a small one 0.41 ct..now.... which i think can be thrown out of the window soon...(hehehe)once i buy the new one
26.gif

i bought it when i was very young (20 years old) and did not know anything about stone...
after reading and learning more,, i begin to hate what i have... this 0.41 , F, VS1 (by IGI)

for some reason, i think the cut is horrible... cost me M$ 5000!!!! i probably got conned ...

now i am looking for a bigger stone and must make sure i get one superideal one and dont get conned again
14.gif

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone..

Jon told me that :-

1) a solasfera G, SI1 would cost roughly 28,000 (2 carat) - to cut
2) a solasfera G, VS2 would cost roughly 33,000 (2 carat) - to cut
3) a solasfera E, VS2 cost U$19.847 (1.52 carat)- existing
4) a solasfera F, VS2 cost U$18,800 (1.50 carat) - existing

is the price difference too great? The smaller stones above are within my budget and the colour is great....So these are my closest choice so far...i love the look of the solasfera under the firescope... so red ..... but yet! i am thinking of a 2 carat now...... (greedy me) but they are very expensive ...

Anyone knows how much a ACA 2.x carat F, VS2 cost? What about a G, VS2? any estimate?
Currently WF has no stock of any ACA of these specifications so I am not sure...

i love E colour but have to give up the colour for a bigger carat..so my minimum is F colour and VS1.
i understand from pricescope friends that a G is white too...and VS2 is good too...

confused ...

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just ask WF what is their quote for a ACA of that specs. Check out BrianGavinDiamonds too.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 1:33:57 AM
Ellen,

loves those fire rocks you have... sooooooooooo envious ya... so pretty!

i have a small one 0.41 ct..now.... which i think can be thrown out of the window soon...(hehehe)once i buy the new one
26.gif

i bought it when i was very young (20 years old) and did not know anything about stone...
after reading and learning more,, i begin to hate what i have... this 0.41 , F, VS1 (by IGI)

for some reason, i think the cut is horrible... cost me M$ 5000!!!! i probably got conned ...

now i am looking for a bigger stone and must make sure i get one superideal one and dont get conned again
14.gif
Thank you tulip! I kinda like them too.
5.gif
And don't feel bad, I have a pair of studs I bought before finding PS, they don't look the best either.
28.gif

You were asking what 2 ct. ACA's would run, I'm going to link you to a couple diamonds from GOG that would be quite comperable in price. They are also Isee2's, so they are cut extremely well. I know you are looking at VS1-2, but if you could entertain the idea of an SI1, it would definitely help with the price. Just know that you can't go by plots and pictures with regards to inclusions. A diamond can look horrible in a plot, and yet be totally eyeclean. Also, the pics are magnified big time!
28.gif

This would basically give you the "look" of a 2 ct., without the price tag. Once you get up in this ct. weight range, the .20 difference is really not that noticeable.

1.80 G VS2

This gets you 2 cts., and a bit. It's also in the video.

2.13 G SI1

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
I''d agree with Ellen, as i usually do lol, but you can''t go wrong with either Whiteflash ACA diamonds or GOG Signature diamonds. If you choose SI1, for both companies they will tell you if its eye clean. I believe most people on pricescope will tell you that these two companies are very reputable and accurate in their judgment of eye clean diamonds. I HIGHLY doubt anyone has had a problem with a diamond that was told to be eye-clean from either vendor.

And P.S. Ellen''s pictures are always amazing lol. Makes me question my love for the princess cut haha

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 8:46:15 AM
Author: tap02150
I''d agree with Ellen, as i usually do lol, but you can''t go wrong with either Whiteflash ACA diamonds or GOG Signature diamonds. If you choose SI1, for both companies they will tell you if its eye clean. I believe most people on pricescope will tell you that these two companies are very reputable and accurate in their judgment of eye clean diamonds. I HIGHLY doubt anyone has had a problem with a diamond that was told to be eye-clean from either vendor.

And P.S. Ellen''s pictures are always amazing lol. Makes me question my love for the princess cut haha
Well thank you! But don''t doubt that Princess of yours, it''s gorgeous!!
2.gif

I agree, these two companies are great to work with, and will be very honest about diamond assessments.

tulips

Shiny_Rock
Ellen,
What about this? G, SI1 too..

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1466924.htm

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 10:13:21 AM
Ellen,

It''s a beautiful diamond tulip. Eyecleanliness would be the only concern.

tap02150

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 10:13:21 AM
Ellen,

I like that one too, id call and ask to make sure it''s eye clean. Otherwise, the symmetry looks great along with the IS, ASET, and hearts image!

tulips

Shiny_Rock
yeah.. HCA is 0.9 when i use height% and 1.1 when i use angle.

which is nicer?

ACA G SI1 2.207 carat or
GOG G SI1 2.13 carat? (recommended by Ellen earlier)

9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2009 12:12:08 PM
yeah.. HCA is 0.9 when i use height% and 1.1 when i use angle.

which is nicer?

ACA G SI1 2.207 carat or
GOG G SI1 2.13 carat? (recommended by Ellen earlier)

9.gif
I''ll put both links here to make it easier.

WF 2.20

GOG 2.13

Ok, they are both well cut, the Isee2 is cut a bit tighter. Assuming they were both eyeclean, what I''d be looking at is diameter (how big they look) and price.

WF is 8.36 mm for roughly 26,021.00 after discount

GOG is 8.31 mm for 25,739.00 with bankwire discount

If you put these diamonds side by side, you could not see the difference in size. So, if you want to save a few hundred, that would be the GOG diamond.

Question, are you going to buy the setting online too? That might be a deciding factor, in who has what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results