shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Pricescope reputation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope? Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post. Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:04:52 PM
Author:Upgradable
Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope? Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post. Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?

I don''t think I have a rep, except for tirading about how I don''t want a wedding or kids, incessantly. I don''t know if people pay attention to my posts at all, lol, unless I say something crazy. I sometimes make an effort to put extras on things, but I do that IRL, too.
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
<--- resident nerd and a bit of an a##hole.
it comes naturally lol

What others think of a poster don't matter to me what I think of them does change how much weight I give what they say.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:13:17 PM
Author: strmrdr
<--- resident nerd and a bit of an a##hole.

it comes naturally lol

What others think of a poster don''t matter to me what I think of them does change how much weight I give what they say.

Don''t you mean asscherhole Strmrdr? Haha
9.gif

You certainly have your opinions (we all do) but I think of you as one of the most knowledgeable diamond educators around.
No one knows asschers like you!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I have a reputation persay, but I try to be respectful of everyone because I do care about what people think of me. I tend to only lurk on the really technical boards because I''m intimidated by the sheer amount of knowledge some people have, and I try to avoid commenting on the really controversial threads because people can be vicious without realizing it.

I think most people have good reputations on PS. Those of us who are regular posters know who''s really good with finding obscure things online, giving advice re: stones/settings, or lending an ear when someone needs to vent. Likewise, we know those posters who can be trouble-makers or just come online to vent about BS.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ehh... I don''t know if I have reputation here.
33.gif
You tell me!
2.gif

I don''t usually listen to one person over another. I''m just glad someone actually responded most of the time.
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I have a reputation! I do try my best to be kind, though, even when someone says something ridiculous
20.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I''ve been around long enough to have a reputation. Just passed 1000 posts so maybe that will change. I try not to do/say anything too controversial. If I have any reputation its probably being too verbose.

I definitely do attach reputations to certain other PSers and I do find myself paying more attention to what they say over other posters. I try not to do that all the time though but if I am looking for advice in a certain area that I know that PSer is experienced in I will probably actively seek out their avatar in the string of responses and jump to that post (i.e. Freke with shoes/baking, Haven with etiquette over in BWW).

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh I think I have a rep in some areas of PS.
12.gif
Believe it or not I really do try to be respectful of other posters and I try to correct the situation if I do hurt someone''s feelings.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am the nicest person on PS besides SKIPPY!!!!
31.gif
JK.

I am known for being sweet. I am going to work on that.
11.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 11:28:49 PM
Author: elledizzy5
33.gif
You tell me!
2.gif

I don''t usually listen to one person over another. I''m just glad someone actually responded most of the time.
3.gif
you don''t wanna know
rotflmao2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:01:08 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

33.gif
You tell me!
2.gif

3.gif
you don''t wanna know
rotflmao2.gif

Can''t be any worse than your rep, DF!
41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

33.gif
You tell me!
2.gif

3.gif
you don''t wanna know
rotflmao2.gif
Don''t listen to him. I find you to be fair minded, love reading your posts. Very insightful.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. yup
2. nope
3. mehbeeeee

I think I assume folks are pretty much the same in person as they are on the page. Of course, that''s how people end up talking to Chris Hansen in their underwear holding a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon & a giant Teddy Bear so .... my bad?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2009 11:58:41 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I am the nicest person on PS besides SKIPPY!!!!
31.gif

I am known for being sweet. I am going to work on that.
11.gif
don''t worry,your secret is safe with me
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
I wonder about this every now and then. I'm active in AtW, and since things tend to get a little heated, I hope people lurking don't think I'm simply an 'arguer.' I'm about as non-confrontational as it gets IRL; I just think it's fun to talk politics online.
12.gif

Otherwise, I'm talkin' babies in the TTC forum and can be found in Rocky Talky every now and then.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:06:14 AM
Author: decodelighted
1. yup
2. nope
3. mehbeeeee

I think I assume folks are pretty much the same in person as they are on the page. Of course, that''s how people end up talking to Chris Hansen in their underwear holding a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon & a giant Teddy Bear so .... my bad?
LMAO... Yeah that''s such a vintage Deco post. LOVES IT!!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:06:14 AM
Author: decodelighted

This made me snort. Out loud. Thank goodness no one was around to hear it.
41.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 12:02:18 AM

33.gif
You tell me!
2.gif

3.gif
you don''t wanna know
rotflmao2.gif

41.gif
i just speak the truth
16.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:23:46 AM

Date: 2/10/2009 12:02:18 AM

33.gif
You tell me!
2.gif

3.gif
you don''t wanna know
rotflmao2.gif

41.gif
i just speak the truth
16.gif
Truth can bite one in the butt.
9.gif

Everyone wants to be liked; everyone likes to be responded to; everybody here on PS has brought something to the forums -- whether it''s knowledge, wit, kindness, spunk, or an opposing/differing viewpoint to keep online ''life'' as honest as the real thing.

Most regular posters have ''a reputation''. Both good and bad; it''s subjective, after all. Well, Skippy''s rep is impeccable.
2.gif
They rest of us, not so much.

Do we remember and seek out someone based on rep, or avoid them based on rep? Happens all the time.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Not sure, but I''ll guess yes.
2. No. The only thing I strive for is to be civil, even when snarky.
3. I give cred to pretty much all of the "normal" posters. Only two types that I give none to:

A. The ones who get super defensive all the time. You''re on an Internet forum, lighten up.
B. The ones who are condescending the majority of the time and offer no apology when called on it.

Other than that, it''s different flavahs dat make da soup good!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:40:30 AM
Author: TravelingGal
3. I give cred to pretty much all of the ''normal'' posters. Only two types that I give none to:

A. The ones who get super defensive all the time. You''re on an Internet forum, lighten up.
B. The ones who are condescending the majority of the time and offer no apology when called on it.

Ditto to all of this, esp. A and B..and the highlighted..

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:50:11 AM
Author: arjunajane

1. Not sure, but I'll guess yes.

3. I give cred to pretty much all of the 'normal' posters. Only two types that I give none to:

A. The ones who get super defensive all the time. You're on an Internet forum, lighten up.

Other than that, it's different flavahs dat make da soup good!

Thritto.

As for PS reputation, I don't think I have one. If I do, I hope it's not a bad one! But I normally stay away from controversial threads - I'm mostly here to soak in others' knowledge on diamonds and gemstones, and in turn, admire intensely the gorgeous goodies on SMTR and CS!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I say stuff that I feel embarrassed about after ... and then I don''t visit ever the thread again, because i don''t want to read any fallout!
So I guess I think I have a ''hit-and-run'' reputation on PS!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a reputation for being able to find shoes (well sometimes anyway) and for my gemstone experience. Oh, and most of the time time I''m pretty nice, so some posters have been pretty shocked when I get snarky.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t believe I have a reputation at all. It is a bit disconcerting that if I were to drop off the face of the earth that no one here would notice. lol

When I post I try to be nice but I don''t lie. Politeness would make the world better IMHO

I don''t necessarily think that people who have better reputations know more... but sometimes if a thread is really long i''ll be more likely to read the posts of those members that I know better if i''m skimming.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 3:05:24 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

3. I give cred to pretty much all of the ''normal'' posters. Only two types that I give none to:

Thritto.

As for PS reputation, I don''t think I have one. If I do, I hope it''s not a bad one! But I normally stay away from controversial threads - I''m mostly here to soak in others'' knowledge on diamonds and gemstones, and in turn, admire intensely the gorgeous goodies on SMTR and CS!
those are the best kind
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:30:25 AM
Date: 2/10/2009 3:05:24 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Thritto.

As for PS reputation, I don''t think I have one. If I do, I hope it''s not a bad one! But I normally stay away from controversial threads - I''m mostly here to soak in others'' knowledge on diamonds and gemstones, and in turn, admire intensely the gorgeous goodies on SMTR and CS!
those are the best kind
31.gif

I''m a coward
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t say I have a rep, heck I don''t think most posters know who I am
25.gif
, either way I try to be nice because that is just in my inherent nature anyway :).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/9/2009 11:04:52 PM
Author:Upgradable

Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope?
Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post?
Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?
(I added a question mark to line two.)

I love these questions and I have really enjoyed reading the answers in the thread thus far.

I do not know if I have a reputation on Pricescope because I do not know if I am well enough known to have one. I am not the most frequent poster. That does not mean that that there is not a consistency to my posting style, but it means that if I am not noticed, I may not have a Pricescope "reputation". Kind of like a tree falling in the woods when no one is around. Is there a sound?

Am I conscious of my "reputation" when I post? I am conscious of the image I would like to project here, certainly. I do not want to be seen at my worst, as I might be in a screaming match with my spouse or my daughter! (I am often, then, foaming at the mouth.) I do allow the "real me" to be seen, however. I wear my heart on my sleeve and show my feelings of anger about injustice and sadness pretty openly. I also share stories about my family fairly openly.

Do I give credence to a poster with a good reputation here? That depends on what one means by "reputation". If one means, "the general opinion held of the poster", the answer is no. If there were a poster whom everyone revered and I did not, I would not give credence to that poster's views. On the other hand, if one means by reputation the record that a poster has made for himself, as I see it, of course I give credence to it! How could I not give credence to my own opinions?

Now: what do you think of me? Only the fawning and sycophantic need reply ;-).

Deborah
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results