shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Pricescope reputation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:06:14 AM
Author: decodelighted
1. yup
2. nope
3. mehbeeeee

I think I assume folks are pretty much the same in person as they are on the page. Of course, that''s how people end up talking to Chris Hansen in their underwear holding a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon & a giant Teddy Bear so .... my bad?
I love reading deco''s posts (except if they''re directed at me!) as she''s outspoken and doesn''t give a rats a$$ what you think of her *on target* advice. PC? Nope, yep, nope.

Not even a newbie would mistake Deco''s posts for Kaleigh''s
9.gif
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 6:07:20 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
If I was born in USA the Indians would call me John Wayne.
I am sure you all know about John Wayne toilet paper, if not email me and I will tell you................
LOL, I heard that joke Garry.
9.gif
I think you have a tiny bit of soft in ya too! hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:21:34 AM
Author: isaku5

1. yup
2. nope
3. mehbeeeee

I think I assume folks are pretty much the same in person as they are on the page. Of course, that's how people end up talking to Chris Hansen in their underwear holding a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon & a giant Teddy Bear so .... my bad?
I love reading deco's posts (except if they're directed at me!) as she's outspoken and doesn't give a rats a$$ what you think of her *on target* advice. PC? Nope, yep, nope.

Not even a newbie would mistake Deco's posts for Kaleigh's
9.gif
35.gif
LOL!!!! Yip, I love Deco's posts!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:04:52 PM
Author:Upgradable
Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope? Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post. Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?
I guess my rep would be I am cheerful, easy going? I don't know, hard to tell though, just a guess, ha!
41.gif

I do try hard to be conscious of my posts since I would want the same in return and we are guests of this forum. I do speak my mind when things bother me or ignore it which ever I feel at that moment.
1.gif

I think I have a descent reputation. Like the others said re: rt, I can help a little with rocky talk. I DO love
emlove.gif
to give compliments
35.gif
in SMTR (makes me happy), compliment rt stones but I am not a techie on RT. hehe I will leave that up to our lovely PS'ers Garry H, Lorelei, Ellen and Storm and others.
3.gif

eta: Catmom I see your posts, always super sweet and supportive and great bling & colored stones!!!
12.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 11:17:54 AM
Author: natalina
Well, I haven''t been posting here for very long, so I don''t know how I could have much of a rep. I will say it is a bit intimidating to a newcomer, though. It is clear that many of you have been around for a long time and go way back, so sticking your nose in as a newbie is little scary. That being said, everyone has been really nice to me so far, and I appreciate that. I think I just worry that I might ask too many questions or butt in where I''m not wanted, but again, no one has ever said anything to make me feel that way. I hope to become part of the regular group in time
emsmile.gif
HI:

No worries! Just stay out of arm''s reach from Ellen and you''ll be fine!
9.gif
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
1. I don''t know. If I do, I''d sure like to hear it!
2. I am straightforward and honest in my posts. I insert jokes whenever possible. (it seems they bomb quite often.)
3. I give credence to all posters. I only "remember" about a dozen posters. So, I usually don''t know about past instances of others proving to be defensive, snarky, or whatever.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:29:51 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Well, I haven''t been posting here for very long, so I don''t know how I could have much of a rep. I will say it is a bit intimidating to a newcomer, though. It is clear that many of you have been around for a long time and go way back, so sticking your nose in as a newbie is little scary. That being said, everyone has been really nice to me so far, and I appreciate that. I think I just worry that I might ask too many questions or butt in where I''m not wanted, but again, no one has ever said anything to make me feel that way. I hope to become part of the regular group in time
emsmile.gif
HI:

9.gif
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

nat, welcome to PS! I''m sure you''ll be fine, we''re a fairly nice bunch.
2.gif

Just don''t type in caps or refer to colorless diamonds as "icy white"
1276752h6e4tykrbg.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 11:48:26 AM
Author: Ellen

emsmile.gif
HI:

9.gif
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

2.gif

Just don''t type in caps or refer to colorless diamonds as ''icy white''
1276752h6e4tykrbg.gif
LOL!!!! NUFFIN WRONG WITH ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
1. Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope? I probably do but I have no idea what it is - easy to spot avatar, stones larger than most, older? Dunno. I think that I would have a clear reputation if I actually responded to all posts to which I intended to respond. Since I want to make an articulate and complete response to posts I often let my input slide because it is time consuming to compose such responses. Also, if my inclination is to begin a response with "Fool," I usually restrain myself and click away.

2. Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post. Since I don''t know what it is, I am not conscious about maintaining it.

3. Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here? No. I view a post on its own merit.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m wildly inconsistent. It probably shows. I don''t illicit drama, I try to contribute positively, I hold my tongue a fair amount. Sometimes I feel invisible, but then I rationalize why that would be, and carry on. Honestly, I can''t say I ignore anyone based on a preconceived reputation, I skip through a lot of stuff and don''t take things too seriously.

I avoid certain forums for certain reasons. I avoid SMTR simply because it''s so tempting sometimes. ATW is not for me. This is entertainment, so I don''t want any heavy feelings from any of it, except that I do worry about people who post for support for themselves or their pets. I really do care, and I don''t know if that shows or not.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 11:59:57 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/10/2009 11:48:26 AM
Author: Ellen

emsmile.gif
HI:

9.gif
3.gif
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
lol.gif

2.gif

Just don''t type in caps or refer to colorless diamonds as ''icy white''
1276752h6e4tykrbg.gif
LOL!!!! NUFFIN WRONG WITH ICY WHITE DIAMONDS!
yikes2.gif

*runs*

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Some would say I have a rep for being absolutely honest in expressing my opinions, and some might say "temper that a bit woman"
2.gif

I don''t really think about it, it''s just who I am. Opinionated, frank, forthright, and open.

I see some PS regulars as having a lot of technical knowledge that they are willing to share, some that are shy, some that are new, some that are in love, and some that are made of sugar n'' spice n'' all things nice. It''s an interesting crowd and everyone brings something to the forum.
1.gif

There''s really only one poster that I think is 3 crayons short of the whole box
23.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:29:19 AM
HI:

I am fortunate to have the distintion that no one reads my posts. Ergo I have no reputation.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

I always read your posts! In my mind you are savvy, funny, and to the point!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
<--------- mine? TBB, I guess--haha! Thanks to Lorelei! ...and Ellen
27.gif
31.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
1. My guess is that I have some sort. You tell me!
3.gif

2. I don''t really think of maintaning the way people see me here because this is just how I am, I don''t watch how I post or pretend to be something I''m not.
3. It depends on the poster and the topic....

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope?
Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post.
Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?

Upgradable - Where did the idea for this thread come from?

I imagine every regular poster has a reputation of sorts. The problem is in the subjectivity of that reputation. So it would be near impossible to maintain that which is not objectively known.

With regards to credibility, I do tend to read more closely the posts of members who I am more familiar with. That said I would not doubt the ''credibility'' of any regular poster musing on issues of which they have experience. Even if they bugged the pants off me - I would ''listen'' to them.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
My first thought when I''d finished reading this thread was - WOW!!! all the big guns are here!

Everyone who I class as being the core of PS has responded to this thread, albeit a few missing but I''m sure they''ll appear over the next few days.

I quite like sitting in the shadows and popping in every now and again to add my tuppence worth and I''m quite content not having a rep at all.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:50:10 PM
Author: Po10472
My first thought when I''d finished reading this thread was - WOW!!! all the big guns are here!

Everyone who I class as being the core of PS has responded to this thread, albeit a few missing but I''m sure they''ll appear over the next few days.

I quite like sitting in the shadows and popping in every now and again to add my tuppence worth and I''m quite content not having a rep at all.
Sissy!
3.gif
9.gif
28.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:50:10 PM
Author: Po10472

Not all the arsenal...I can think of a handful that have not reply as of yet..... you know who you are.....
11.gif
31.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Po - is your signature quote from Serenity? I LOVE that movie and the series Firefly! You''re 100% credit worthy in my book
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope?
I'm sure, probably every regular poster is thought of in certain ways. Reputation must vary from reader to reader, though, and they form opinions (whether consciously or not) based upon what they do/don't read and how they interpret posts (since most posts can be interpreted a lot of different ways).

Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post.
No... I just post what I personally feel is appropriate, while being as honest and straightforward as possible. I think that it's how we choose to post that forms a "reputation," as opposed to the other way around.

Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?
Definitely. I don't think it's necessarily a conscious thing. In real life, I will react to people differently based upon my perception of their personality and background (professionally and otherwise), and on here it's no different. I will make a point to read the posts from people whom I've come to like and respect on here, and if I'm being completely honest, tend to ignore posts from people whom I think of as unreasonable in one way or another.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 12:10:29 AM
Author: Kaleigh
1. yup
2. nope
3. mehbeeeee

I think I assume folks are pretty much the same in person as they are on the page. Of course, that''s how people end up talking to Chris Hansen in their underwear holding a six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon & a giant Teddy Bear so .... my bad?
LMAO... Yeah that''s such a vintage Deco post. LOVES IT!!!!
BAHAHA!!

In all honesty, I''m with you, deco. I do tend to assume that people present themselves in realistic and accurate ways. Not the best assumption I''m sure.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2009 5:56:01 AM
Author: AGBF

Now: what do you think of me? Only the fawning and sycophantic need reply ;-).

Deborah
34.gif
Deb
you''re the Mother Teresa type of person.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:13:52 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
Date: 2/10/2009 5:56:01 AM

Author: AGBF

Now: what do you think of me? Only the fawning and sycophantic need reply ;-).

Deborah

34.gif
Deb

you''re the Mother Teresa type of person.
Yep saint Deb
Patron saint of 10k cakes!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what you guys think of me?
askeered.gif
9.gif
try your best to hurt my feelings, cuz nothing you say would bother me.
16.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think that I have a reputation here...I think that I tend to get lost in the shuffle, lol.
I do try to always be nice and respectful of others.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Do you think you have a certain reputation at Pricescope? Are you conscious of maintaining that when you post. Do you give more credence to a poster if you feel they have a good reputation here?

1. I think I''m a nice poster, but have been fussed at for not posting IRL photos of my collection and I''ll take the heat for that cause I''m electronically challenged with my new camera.
19.gif

2. I say what I feel, but will keep my mouth shut if I don''t have anything nice to say....I wouldn''t want to hurt feelings if I can help it.

3. No, I take everyone at their word.

Lori

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:47:59 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I don't think that I have a reputation here...I think that I tend to get lost in the shuffle, lol.
I do try to always be nice and respectful of others.
You always say nice things in SMTR D*D.
1.gif

Deb is a sweetie pie with her cakes
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:41:01 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
what you guys think of me?
askeered.gif
9.gif
try your best to hurt my feelings, cuz nothing you say would bother me.
16.gif

Personallly, I love you Dancing Fire. I love reading your silly questions and your comments to others. You always make my day.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what my reputation is here. I try to be kind and considerate and I always have wonderful manners.
12.gif
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results