shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on this Ideal scope Image for a PEAR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
For all the pear experts and the ideal scope experts!

The shoulders on this pear look a little wide......am I seeing things?

Does the shape of the pear look okay or too short and fat.

Does the IS look good please.

widepear.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s an excellent IS for pear.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
if it was not so fat it would not be returning light as well as it does
36.gif

(analogy, Garry is fat and happy)

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
hahahah thats funny!!!!

I have a photo now

pearphoto.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I have asked for more photos.....along with the shoulders looking wide the rounded end looks flat to me....I''m hoping its just the way the photo has been taken.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
If you plan to use a six prong setting the shoulders will look better proportioned. If you use a five prong setting, they will look more square. It''s a pretty pear. If you use a six prong it will look fine, I think.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/3/2007 4:25:55 AM
Author: sparkles
I have asked for more photos.....along with the shoulders looking wide the rounded end looks flat to me....I''m hoping its just the way the photo has been taken.
Nothing worse than a flat pair (from a boys perspective)

Unless this is a 15 or 20ct stone the flat bit on the bottom will not be apparent.

Below 3 ct it and once set, will not be an issue.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just saw this - that IS is great for a pear, very very nice.

I see what you mean about the shape outline. Could be a little narrower in the shoulders but that is a good looking stone.

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
FWIW, I actually prefer the "chubbier" pears. They look nice and substantial that way.

And I agree w/ lumpkin, the placement and style of the prongs will provide some visual elongation if that's what you're looking for...

-J

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The rounder a pear shape is, the more like a round diamond it becomes in terms of sending light back to the viewer''s eyes. I think it is a matter of taste when it comes to a little fatter shape or thinner shape. Every boy has his own views on this, Right Garry? You can experiment with the bulginess of a pear shape outline with the Shape Selector tool on my website. It may be running on Pricescope, too, but I am not sure. Maybe Leonid will tell you where it is.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
this just in! doesn''t look as bad...looks alot better actually.

peartweezed.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful.
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Absolutely no bowties whatsoever. In fact, the round (bottom) part of the pear, has a RB arrowish look.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about pears, but I like the shape of this one...even if it is flat. Light return looks nice for a fancy.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I have the sarin analysis but don''t know how to interpret all the numbers as a whole. All I see is that the crown height is already in cut class 3.

pear
weight 3.27 ct
width 8.16mm
length 12.40mm
l/w 1.52
total depth 5.20mm 63.7%
pav depth 3.52mm 43.1%
pav angle 40.2 degrees
crown height 1.39mm 17.0 degrees
crown angle 37.5 degrees
table size 4.54mm 55.7%
girdle thickness 0.29mm 3.5%
culet off center 11.5% (w0.6% - L 12.4%)
table off center 0.07mm

can anyone help please

the other pear I was looking at

3.57ct
12.96 x 8.32 x 5.43
thick girdle
table 58%
crown height 16%
pav depth 43.5%
l/w 1.55

the second one cannot provide me with a sarin or and idealscope and the price is about usd $4k out of market.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGA 2B for crown height. Which is perfectly fine.

Numbers are not as important as pictures. And it looks excellent.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the others...this pear is beautiful! I think the shape is very attractive...I really like it! I''ll have to remember the ratio on this baby and save some pics for a future pear pendant I have in mind!
11.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Update.

The vendor I have chosen to deal with has only been able to source the 1 stone for me given my strict parameters with color, the stone being eyeclean, minimal bowtie and length to width ratio.

The list started at 10 stones to choose from. Most of them have been whittled done because they didn''t meet the parameters. One can''t be brought in because it is out on memo.

Added to the fact that its not a good week to search for diamonds with NY being closed for the holidays.

I''m very anxious because I have nothing to compare this stone to and I haven''t seen it. The vendor can''t hold the stone forever and if I let it go it probably won''t come back.

I plan on getting on a plane to go and see it but can''t do it for another 10days.

I have asked the vendor for some sparkly photos of the stone......

I''m getting hung up on the IS image because I saw this on ''''RESEARCHERS'''' (hope she doesn''t mind), post and thought I could better in terms of light return.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-this-pear-stone.17463/

I would really appreciate some advice please. Do I pull the trigger and purchase the stone or do I ask the vendor to go down to an ''''I'''' in color or go up in color and bring in another 2 stones so I can have at least 3 stones to compare with?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know anything about IS pictures, but I will say that I LOVE the shape of the pear!!

Does this vendor have a return policy?? If he does then buy it and check it out. If you don''t like it return it and have him bring in some others by changing the parameters a bit.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would stay away from the I color because in a stone that big, being a pear, you will likely see tint in the tip. This stone is gorgeous, I think the IS is fantastic, but if you want to compare it to something have them bring in the next closest stone?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have become experianced at looking at the various lighting and photo shop etc used on ideal-scope pictures (having looked thru it a million times helps too).
Your stone is every bit as good as those on that link.

Try this for photo shop enhancement of yours (I am not recomending this BTW)

enhanced ideal-scope.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Sparkles, that stone looks fabulous! I think the shoulders are really nice - the proportions are great. To me it''s a no-brainer, but you have to be comfortable.

If the vendor has a reasonable return policy, just get it and see it in person. Why bother getting on an airplane? That seems pretty unnecessary (unless there''s no return policy??).

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh Garry.....thats vvv nice, gets me all excited again. I was kinda hoping my fellow countryman would come back to this thread and take another look.

This has been an exhausting process both emotionally and physically. I''m on a different time zone here so I have stayed up late and gotten up early and even made phone calls to the vendor at 3am in the morning for this stone.

The plane trip is warranted for the following reasons.

1. I''m outside the US and therefore to return the stone via courier due to insurance issues is impossible.
2. The vendor is sourcing a few other stones for a necklace project and I plan to get a tennis bracelet also. The GST to import it all will be more than flying there.
3. The vendor has kindly offered to help sell my existing stone which means I face the same courier insurance issues again if I don''t hand deliver it.

Also a return policy is one thing - being outside the U.S.A. means its pretty near impossible to get a stone of that value couried back to the vendor.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So when''s your trip? This stone is definitely worth seeing.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Firegoddess I am currently working on a setting with the vendor..It is way cheaper to do it here because of the labour but I think you get what you pay for ie the workmanship on my last setting wasn''t up to my liking...I actually wanted to speak to you about....will start a new thread calling you...I should be getting on a plane in roughly 10 days if all goes to plan.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
This is the photo I am having trouble comprehending....the stone looks horrible. I have asked for some better pictures 2x but the vendor is not very forthcoming....

mypearring.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
a better picture.......

sparklypear.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think of it like this, no person ever takes flattering pictures all the time, so we shouldn't expect diamonds to either!

The stone looks GORGEOUS and I would not worry about it from one bad picture out of a bunch.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
okay, the vendor has bought in another pear for comparison....

here goes. what do you think

22pears.JPG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The IS on the second. I have chosen the pear...lets see if you all agree with my decision....I am not telling yet...!

22peariscope.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results