shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinions on this Ideal scope Image for a PEAR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The availability of pears has been very very slim.....this is the last one of the 2.61ct by itself.

All thoughts opinions etc welcome

261pear.JPG

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks very nice too - a bit smaller and should be cheaper?
I still very much like #1 - it has a nice character. But both appear to be very nice stones.

Next I would look to avoid thin girdles, esp at pointed ends, and if one has med to strong blue then I would go with that to avoid the color you will see in H pear shapes some times.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
No fair! I want to know! I''m going to guess you went with #2, but I liked #1 a lot, too. Both are beautiful and BIG! So...how long are you gonna keep us in suspense?!

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sparkles,

Looking at this thread and seeing the two pear shape diamonds reminds of two pear diamond that Brian asked us to examine at WhiteFlash for a lady in Singapore. He just wanted a second opinion. If this is the case, we saw the two pears and they are both gorgeous and I would be happy to share with you what I saw.

Good Luck
MWG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The cat is out of the bag.....that would be me...and Brian did tell me he showed the stones to two people who drove up from Louisana. He also did tell me which one you chose....

Please can you share with me what you saw.

How was your buying experience????

Tracy, Leslie, Brian, Bob, Vera just to name a few have been wonderful to me. They have all held my hand during this journey. Brian spent a long time on the telephone talking to me. They have all been very understanding and very patient.

I have spent many a sleepless night on the phone trying to catch the states first thing in the morning and just before close. I was supposed to get on a plane to go and see the stone. It has been nearly impossible due to such a hectic lifestyle.

I have a knot in my stomach about this purchase. Something keeps telling me that the first stone is not elongated enough. I know you really have to see fancies.

Both stones have been appraised independently and the appraiser advised me to start again because my shape criteria wasn''t being met. I got the feeling he wasn''t a pear guy because he was telling me he doesn''t see many pears, mostly rounds, princess and radiant cuts.

Starting again is not an easy thing as there just aren''t that many pears in the market. I would be starting again for probably an extra 10K for a couple of color grades better, 1 better clarity grade, maybe - if I could find something!

I know # 2 has a crystal under the table which means its out of the running.

So any extra words of support would be much appreciated.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/22/2007 7:45:46 PM
Author: sparkles
The 2.61 H-SI1 has the shape I want to see in a pear. Great looking stone in the photo. If you want cleaner and whiter save some money for E-VS1.

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock

I really think #1 is a very nice looking stone.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
The cat is out of the bag.....that would be me...and Brian did tell me he showed the stones to two people who drove up from Louisana. He also did tell me which one you chose....

Please can you share with me what you saw.

How was your buying experience????

Tracy, Leslie, Brian, Bob, Vera just to name a few have been wonderful to me. They have all held my hand during this journey. Brian spent a long time on the telephone talking to me. They have all been very understanding and very patient.

I have spent many a sleepless night on the phone trying to catch the states first thing in the morning and just before close. I was supposed to get on a plane to go and see the stone. It has been nearly impossible due to such a hectic lifestyle.

I have a knot in my stomach about this purchase. Something keeps telling me that the first stone is not elongated enough. I know you really have to see fancies.

Both stones have been appraised independently and the appraiser advised me to start again because my shape criteria wasn''t being met. I got the feeling he wasn''t a pear guy because he was telling me he doesn''t see many pears, mostly rounds, princess and radiant cuts.

Starting again is not an easy thing as there just aren''t that many pears in the market. I would be starting again for probably an extra 10K for a couple of color grades better, 1 better clarity grade, maybe - if I could find something!

I know # 2 has a crystal under the table which means its out of the running.

Hi Sparkles,

Great to hear from you....*S* Our buying experience was the MOST AWESOME JEWELRY BUYING EXPERIENCE. Brian and his staff were so accomodating, I would recommend WhiteFlash to anyone interested in a quality diamond. We purchased our ACA diamond and it is being sent to Maytal Hannah on Monday.

Now on to what you really want to know:

First of all, let me put your mind at ease.... They are both gorgeous stones!!!! Best that I have ever seen in a pear!!! I personally chose the thinner one, but my fiancee and Brian chose the wider one.

Let me explain my rationale, I was choosing from a person standpoint and I did not know what size person it was for..... big person, medium size person, or a small person.

Now, Brian and my fiancee thought the shape of the wider pear was more SEXY!!! They liked the shape. And I dont disagree with them. Great Stone.

Now, both stones were eyeclean to me, but you will be able to tell when you see them.

The staff at WhiteFlash showed me that they care about the customer.......just like FAMILY. They could have easily sold me the .72 ct F color VS clarity stone I was looking at and pushed me out the door, they didnt. Brian educated us and let us choose the one we wanted, and to top that......we wound up with a .84 ct H color VS clarity stone that cost the same. In the ACAs, they are so well cut, that you cannot tell an E color stone from an H, unless you are super color sensitive and have really great eyes.

Also, if you cannot get there, go with the wider stone and if you dont like it, send it back. WhiteFlash exceeded my expectations!!! and I think they will exceed yours as well.

Good Luck
MWG

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is the winner. With much discussion, handholding from WF and failed searches of finding something equivalent or better.

I decided against getting WF to do the setting as I haven''t seen the stone and don''t want a custom job done without seeing the stone first. I may have to get on plane after all.......if I don''t like it.

Now the wait and anticipation............will post some photos when it comes.......and of course ask opinions on how I should set it.

Looking at a very delicated pave halo aka firegoddess........or maybe some tapered baguettes or shields or another pair of pears. A pair of pears would be major bling.....I like!

I will post photos of the stone as best as possible on my hand....

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I am hoping I will be really satisfied with it and do a Leon....but that takes real commitment.

I was talking to my local jeweler about the stone and he asked me why I was buying such a low quality diamond.....ouch! Is it any wonder I can''t bring myself to purchase locally ever again.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Garry,

Was that you in the video with Maartin DeWitte? I watched most of the videos last night or should I say til 1am this morning! I found your interview the most interesting. Especially after the jewelers comment to me yesterday about the bad quality stone I was buying. I''m in Asia so I guess his perception of what a good quality stone runs with an asian perspective, DEF IF VVS. Thats a really broad generalization no offence intended to anyone. My husband being asian had something similar to say about the color and clarity I was choosing for this stone.

The term "mind clean" is not a myth. The conversations I have had with people over the last week prove this. It does indeed come down to being influenced by culture and people''s perception of status. Essentially I think thats what status is , a perception of how you think others see you....

I have read and re-read all posts/ pictures etc of pear stones on this post trying to garner more information and looking to see if anyone had a pear similar shape to mine. It becomes exhausting and pointless after awhile because you don''t get any closer to a decision. Thats when return policies become beneficial.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes Sprkles, that was me
12.gif

The asian thing is about purity = better luck etc.

I am not sure how long such superstitions will last - if they break down then the difference between your stone and D IF could get much closer and alll the snobs will loose some value
31.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Waaaaahhhhhh, after such a long decision period the delivery had been delayed a day due to a typo on one of the reports......maaaannnnn.

The weekend is coming so worse case scenario I will have the stone Monday.......I''m busting at the seams! I can''t wait.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sparkles,

I surely hope you are pleased with the stone when you receive it.

The concept of "mind clean" is real and very important to me. I had to have a VS quality stone this time around. After years of not having a clue as to what to buy and being sold inferior quality stones, I wanted to do it right in my mind.

Good Luck and tell us what you think
MWG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - it''s very exciting! I will be anxiously awaiting the delivery of your pear. I hope you love it!! Keep us posted.
36.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone who has been supplied a tracking number for a FEDEX shipment.....the word OBSESSIVE comes to mind.....NOT GOOD. Houston, Indianapolis, Alaska. It has now left Alaska....expected delivery 30th. Very interesting to see where it will go next.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain. I keep the window open all day and hit *refresh*refresh*refresh* every 5 minutes.
2.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
The stone arrived today!!!!!!!

Hubby started opening the packet because I couldn''t......

OH OH OH OH OH OH MMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I opened and after a looking at it for awhile I started to get tears in my eyes. The stone is beautiful.....

I have to go out now but have taken photos and will start another thread later showing you guys.

Tracy Arneson and everyone at Whiteflash.........you probably thought there was never a need to bring in another diamond to compare. and you were right. THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU you da best! You can sigh a relief now Tracy , you know how crazy I am.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results