shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion please on these three dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FutureMrsMRS

Rough_Rock
Dress #2!!

PLEASE don''t let others influence you into buying a dress that YOU don''t particularly like! It would be different if you really liked #3 but were on the fence. YOU don''t like 3 so don''t include 3 in the running!

You look absolutely gorgeous in the second dress.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 1:12:48 PM
Author: monkeyprincess
Hi Kitty, you have some great dresses to choose from. I am a little biased toward the first one, because that is the dress I chose. Only without the shoulder strap. I won''t take offense to the mummy comments, only to say in person, and when it is fitted correctly and steamed properly, it is a really flattering dress. That said, I actually prefer number two on you. It works great with your figure. I''m not a fan of number 3 because it doesn''t have the wow factor of the first two. Good luck with your choice.
You look stunning in your dress! My sis took several photos of the Fiorella on me, and I thought none of them really did the dress justice.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 1:29:09 PM
Author: FutureMrsMRS
Dress #2!!

PLEASE don''t let others influence you into buying a dress that YOU don''t particularly like! It would be different if you really liked #3 but were on the fence. YOU don''t like 3 so don''t include 3 in the running!

You look absolutely gorgeous in the second dress.
Thank you (and the rest of you who said I shouldn''t be influenced by the opinions of others).

I have to admit, I''m a *teensy* bit disappointed that BF, sis, and mom aren''t as in love with my top 2 choices as I am. But I guess that''s the risk I took when I asked for opinions! :)

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all your comments.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
hey, kittygolightly, are these the three you''re choosing from or are you going to look more? i would suggest maybe broadening your search a bit (not saying these dresses don''t look good on you because they do); in my opinion that never hurts & who knows, you may end up coming back to these as your top choices.

that said, of these 3 i prefer #2 (it really is an awesome dress & looks like it was made for you); it''s the most flattering to your figure.

personally, i had many different dress shopping trips w/a variety of people from a large group of about 5 friends, just my sisters (2), sister & mom, and just my best friend. i found my dress on the day i went shopping w/just my best friend & actually the sales consultant pulled the dress for me. in my experience, it''s fun shopping w/a big group of people but so many opinions can be distracting & often they have an idea in their mind of what you "should" wear or what is "you" [their comments do form your opinion of the dresses you have on] and that doesn''t always equate to the dress that YOU would feel most perfect in.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I vote for #2 as well. Looks great on you!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 2:12:50 PM
Author: lulu66
hey, kittygolightly, are these the three you''re choosing from or are you going to look more? i would suggest maybe broadening your search a bit (not saying these dresses don''t look good on you because they do); in my opinion that never hurts & who knows, you may end up coming back to these as your top choices.

that said, of these 3 i prefer #2 (it really is an awesome dress & looks like it was made for you); it''s the most flattering to your figure.

personally, i had many different dress shopping trips w/a variety of people from a large group of about 5 friends, just my sisters (2), sister & mom, and just my best friend. i found my dress on the day i went shopping w/just my best friend & actually the sales consultant pulled the dress for me. in my experience, it''s fun shopping w/a big group of people but so many opinions can be distracting & often they have an idea in their mind of what you ''should'' wear or what is ''you'' [their comments do form your opinion of the dresses you have on] and that doesn''t always equate to the dress that YOU would feel most perfect in.
More shopping might be in order. If I''m not 100% in love with one of the dresses by Sunday, I''ll look around some more.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
#2, #2, #2

It''s totally "wow." Apart from the fact that it''s stunning and accentuates your shape in the most flattering way, it''s raw silk, which I know feels amazing and looks really high-end.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 is amazing on you!!!!

shine4me

Rough_Rock
#2 = Amazing! It looks like it was made for you! Everything about it is stunning!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Are we still voting??
2.gif
#2 all the way!! Absolutely stunning!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I think the 2nd one looks amazing on your figure! The third dress, honestly, does nothing for your figure (and yours is great, so show it off, girl!!!)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I would keep looking. I truly suspect the different in fit is mostly do to the sizing issue, since none of the dresses I tried on looked like that because they were all too big.

2 does look the best on you, but I get the impression it will bug you that your FI doesn''t love it. Could you find out what he didn''t like about it or did really like about 3? Then maybe you could find some happy medium that doesn''t make you second guess your choice.

For what it is worth, you cannot go wring with any of them

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 7:02:03 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I would keep looking. I truly suspect the different in fit is mostly do to the sizing issue, since none of the dresses I tried on looked like that because they were all too big.

2 does look the best on you, but I get the impression it will bug you that your FI doesn''t love it. Could you find out what he didn''t like about it or did really like about 3? Then maybe you could find some happy medium that doesn''t make you second guess your choice.

For what it is worth, you cannot go wring with any of them
He''s not a fan of mermaid-style dresses (which I happen to love). He doesn''t like how dress #2 clings to the top of the legs. He seems to prefer A-line dresses. This one was his favorite from the shopping trip. I liked the top of this dress a lot - there''s a very subtle crumb catcher thing going on.

Kitty La Soie Crumb Catcher.JPG

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving number 2 on you.. The others just aren''t doing your figure justice!!

Also, if you honestly want to know.. I work at a store that carries Maggie Sottero. Fiorella is one of our most popular dresses. It''s really gorgeous, but I think you''ll be seeing it in a lot of friends pictures on facebook or at other friends'' weddings.
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
# 2 by far! it''s fantastic on you - you have a great figure :)

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
hands down #2!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 all the way! having tried on and photographed MANY dresses, I find that using the photos are the way to go -- #1 really widens you, if #2 is any indication of your figure. I think #2 is sooooo flattering and gorgeous on you!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
#2! Looks great on you!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
#2!! Really, that dress is very unique and I love it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I don''t post much in this section. . .just popping in.

The second dress looks FABULOUS on you. Very flattering!

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I''m a #1 girl... and I''ll tell you why... I like how the ruching is criss-crossed rather than simply back-and-forth. Personally, in #2 with the ruching going simply left-to-right, I think THAT looks more "mummy-like" than #1 does. I love the neckline of #1 with your upper torso. #3... no, I think it is not waist flattering at all.

#1!! #1!! #1!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
#2 hands down. It blows #1 and #3 out of the water. It looks very flattering on you.

I dont think you can go wrong with #1 or #2. I prefer #1, but either of those look the best on you. #3 was just not that hot. Both 1 and 2 have a similar wrap feature that does wonders for your figure - since you say you''re thicker in the waist - I don''t see it!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I''m solidly in the #2 camp. You look incredible in it!

speechie

Rough_Rock
I love #2 also!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I really, REALLY dislike the skirt on #1. It has absolutely no flow or fluidity. #2 is absolutely breathtaking! And I don''t usually care for mermaids either. Engagement girl had it down pat!

audball

Ideal_Rock
L
30.gif
VE #2!!!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to everyone who provided input! I ended up going with dress #2. I just couldn''t get it out of my mind this week, and kept sneaking peeks at the photos of it.

My sis and mom were both fantastic about the whole thing. As soon as they knew I was leaning towards dress #2, they couldn''t have been more complimentary about the dress. In fact, my mom is now swearing up and down that dress #2 was always her favorite.
1.gif

BF still would have preferred if I had gone the ballgown route (think Belle from Beauty & the Beast), but he''s fine with the choice. Plus, I''ll be changing at the reception into a red qipao, which I know he''s going to love.

So again, thanks for all of your comments!!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! you look knock-out amazing in dress #2. i think fiance will really "come around" on your wedding day & won''t be able to imagine you in anything else. especially once he sees your face & how you feel in the dress & about marrying him. congrats, KGL!

Mrs.SE

Rough_Rock
I''m the odd woman out - I thought #1 looked the best on you - the wrapped pleats on the front and ruching is adorable. I think it''s all preferential - get what YOU want!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results