shape
carat
color
clarity

Your opinion please on these three dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I went shopping today, and narrowed down my choices to three. The first one is the Fiorella dress by Maggie Sottero. The sample was a bit small on me, but I loved the color (it was sort of an oyster shade).

Dress 1 Fiorella.JPG

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #2 is by La Soie (it''s an in-house brand at an L.A. area bridal shop). It was made out of raw silk, and had a really interesting texture. Again, the sample was a bit small.

Dress 2 La Soie.JPG

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, dress #3: Roma by Maggie Sottero. The beading on this dress was beautiful, and my mom and sis preferred it to the other two. I just don''t know if I love it.

This sample was too big (I''m starting to sound like Goldilocks), and the real dress would be much more cinched in the waist.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Dress 3 Roma.JPG

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
#2. honestly... to me number one looks like a mummy wrapping around your waist... but I like the top and the bottom. Number three doesn''t seem to accentuate your figure as well as number 2.

SAPHIRINA

Rough_Rock
I agree with Green with Envy in that #3 does not seem to accentuate your figure well, but maybe it''s because it''s too big? I like both #1 and #2, in that order. I think that if you get #1 in the right size, it will look much better and not "mummy-like" at all around your waist.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
I think number one is GORGEOUS. It looks amazing on you. That one has my vote, but honestly they all look great.

engagement girl

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve worked high fashion for 10 years and I would like to give you my (brutal) opinion.

Dress 1 is no good because the rear of it does not sit well on your lower back and over your bottom - it makes you look big. The rouche detailing at the back and the train are not in proportion with your height. The jewel detailing is lovely but not enough to distract. The cross pleats work well on you.

Dress 2 is excellent, the top of the bodice flowing right down the body into a slightly a-symmetrical break on the upper leg is perfect. The beading detail at belt level is superb as it emphasises your tiny waist. The rear of this gown is in proportion to the rest of it, and it also fits well at the rear.

Dress 3. Don''t even go there.

best wishes for your upcoming nuptials.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Kitty, I never post over here but I had to vote for #2! It looks like it was MADE for you!
5.gif
Good luck!

calamityJJJ

Rough_Rock
Another vote for 2...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love dress 2 on you. It accentuates your figure and you look gorgeous and sexy in it! Dress 3 makes your body look much less shapely but it could be because it is not fitting well and is too large on you so it''s hard for me to say for sure. Dress 1 is nice but not as nice as 2 IMO.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Dress #1 made me gasp. It is stunning on you.

Dress #2, again, a gasp. It is beautiful.

Dress #3, meh, sorry. Compared to the other 2 it isn''t anything!

I think on first impressions it is #1 for me, I just love the shoulder detailing, the snug fit doen to the hips and the jewel detail on the hips. But then after reading engagement girl''s comments I went back to have another look and I agree that for fluidity of look, #2 is by far the best. It looks like it was MADE for your figure.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming that #3 would be cinched in around the waist more then I like #2 & #3. I wasn''t as big of a fan of #1 on you.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
#2 all the way.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Number 2
9.gif

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
#2 is your dress! The others don''t even come close.

lulu

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
#2 for sure. Especially for the reasons that engagement girl listed.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone, thank you so much for your comments! (Engagement girl, thanks for the honest assessment. It was extremely helpful.)

Going into the shop yesterday, I really wanted #1 to work. I''d seen it in a few magazines and on at least one person here, and loved it. It''s always hard (for me anyway) to tell how the real thing would look when the sample doesn''t fit, but I got the feeling that I''d be trying too hard in that dress.

I felt like my figure looked the best in #2. I have a thick waist, and that dress somehow managed to make me look like an hourglass. It is, unfortunately, my boyfriend''s least favorite style of dress. I showed him pictures after the shopping trip, and he didn''t like it. Along with my mom and sis, he liked #3 the best.

Again, thanks for your comments. I still don''t know which way I''ll end up going. I made an appointment to go back next Sunday and look at the three again. I''ll let you know how it turns out.
1.gif

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
Hands down, my vote is for #2. It is absolutely stunning on you and very flattering. :)

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I think #1 is my fav, I love the detailing- but you couldn''t go wrong with #2 it is also very pretty!

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 10:21:31 AM
Author: KittyGolightly
Everyone, thank you so much for your comments! (Engagement girl, thanks for the honest assessment. It was extremely helpful.)

Going into the shop yesterday, I really wanted #1 to work. I'd seen it in a few magazines and on at least one person here, and loved it. It's always hard (for me anyway) to tell how the real thing would look when the sample doesn't fit, but I got the feeling that I'd be trying too hard in that dress.

I felt like my figure looked the best in #2. I have a thick waist, and that dress somehow managed to make me look like an hourglass. It is, unfortunately, my boyfriend's least favorite style of dress. I showed him pictures after the shopping trip, and he didn't like it. Along with my mom and sis, he liked #3 the best.

Again, thanks for your comments. I still don't know which way I'll end up going. I made an appointment to go back next Sunday and look at the three again. I'll let you know how it turns out.
1.gif
I know you want to make your FI happy and that makes sense, but sometimes other people can't speak for you when you're the one wearing it. If you trust his fashion sense, then I guess ok, but this is why I personally would not show my dress choices to my FI. While he does have good taste, I want to make sure that I wear what I want and feel good in not just what someone else wants me to wear.

Good luck with your decision.

EmDressage

Rough_Rock
# 2 all the way. # 3 is a no. #1 is OK, but the #2 dress is absolutely stunning on you- emphasizes your body in all the right places, and the beading only helps. I think that #1''s beading is OK, but #2 just takes it away. Of course,the ultimate is what you feel is ''you'', which one do you feel ''yourself'' in the most. That is the dress. :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think 1 and 2 show off your figure best.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think that dress #2 is gorgeous and really compliments your figure!
36.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
My vote, the SECOND by a long shot!! It looks fantastic on and it's a beautiful dress!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
# 1 didn''t have the wow factor...i think it had a mummyish effect.

#2 is stunning!!!
30.gif
it looks beautiful in the picture, so it must be amazing IRL.

#3 is ehhh...pretty but not stunning

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
#1 is ok. I think it makes you look bigger than you actually are.

#2 GREAT! Really is a great style and look for your body.

#3 is kinda boring.

#2 all the way!!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down #2!!! I really don''t like #3,but #1 looks great on you as well!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kitty, you have some great dresses to choose from. I am a little biased toward the first one, because that is the dress I chose. Only without the shoulder strap. I won''t take offense to the mummy comments, only to say in person, and when it is fitted correctly and steamed properly, it is a really flattering dress. That said, I actually prefer number two on you. It works great with your figure. I''m not a fan of number 3 because it doesn''t have the wow factor of the first two. Good luck with your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results