shape
carat
color
clarity

Your name choice

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So, why did you pick your screen name to be what it is?

Haven mentioned being interested in why some people chose the names that they did, so it got me thinking.

I picked mine because I love Autumn. My birthday is in November. I always wanted an Autumn wedding and now, I am finally having one.

And you?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My name is Hawaiian for Orange Tree. :))

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I had picked something else. I had only been on Pricescope for an hour when I signed up to ask a question. I used parts of my real name (what I use for email). Now I wish I had picked something more creative. I didn't realize PS would be what it is and that everyone would be seeing it all the time. When I picked it, I figured that I might need to come back to this site and wanted something that I would remember :roll: .

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my screen name is actually diamondringlover, but apparently that was too long so it got cut off...i chose my screen name because i love diamond rings :twirl:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1306588559|2932361 said:
I wish I had picked something else. I had only been on Pricescope for an hour when I signed up to ask a question. I used parts of my real name (what I use for email). Now I wish I had picked something more creative. I didn't realize PS would be what it is and that everyone would be seeing it all the time. When I picked it, I figured that I might need to come back to this site and wanted something that I would remember :roll: .

You can change it if you want to. Just leave your avatar the same for a while so people can make the connection. :))

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My "name" used to be ZoeBartlett, but I've dropped the last name and so now I'm just Zoe. It's the name of one of our cats and Zoe Bartlett is the name of one of the president's daughters on The West Wing. That's one of my all-time favorite shows and it must have been on my mind when I registered with PS.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like Ibbaber, did not think ps would be what it is and I guess did not think I would participate here that much and just wanted to ask a question so I had picked a series of my initials, well everyone spelled it wrong and It just did not flow so then when it changed to ps2 I thought I would change it to decogirl, A era of jewelery that I love :love: and that was my name on another jewelery forumn, well then one day I was on ps and saw a post by decogirl and it was not me :o I sent a message to ella and the other decogirl was here b4 me so I had to change it again :(sad Hopefully I am now done with the changes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been other threads about this, and I'm sure I have a more detailed story elsewhere.

Anyway, I was dubbed "Freak Child" when I was 14. Instead of irritating me, I embraced it and use it rather frequently with my own spelling elsewhere. I even respond to it (and Freke) IRL.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing 1 and 2 are characters in The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Seuss. They're little crazy things who make messes and cause trouble. My mom called me and my twin sister Thing 1 and Thing 2 growing up because apparently we had a lot in common with the Dr. Seuss characters. :halo:

My twin sister is Thing 1 and I'm Thing 2 because she was born first and I was born second.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't in a creative mood when I registered, so I used our anniversary date.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Now that I think of it...I do remember threads about this....oops!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1306598149|2932454 said:
Now that I think of it...I do remember threads about this....oops!
Eh, there are always new members popping up--I wouldn't worry about it!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
After 8 years of using the same name for EVERYTHING, I woke up one morning and had the song stuck in my head. I felt incentive to change my screen name to Waking Dreams, (a song by Ayreon if anyone is interested lol). Oh and 53 is my birthday- May 3rd. :twirl:
So when came time to register on PS, I used it as well.

AutumnNovember, I was always intrigued by your name!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
My name probably should have been "magpie" I've loved all things sparkly since I was a baby and I'm a natral blonde (though I've been dying my hair brown for a couple years).

ETA: and now I also have my custom license plate that says "sparkly" :bigsmile:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn't really think of anything creative, and I love my shih tzu! :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
A long and complicated play on Greek mythology that incorporates my real name. I've been Pandora on various web-forums for over 12 years now...

Heck I even gave my kid the name Pandora as a middle-name on honour of my alter-ego!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
One of my dog's name is Charlie, and he was sitting next to me when I registered. I regularly call him Charbs, Charburrito, Chabar....I guess its just easier to make up names with a "b" at the end of his name than an "L". So charbie it is!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I was dumb. I didn't even think to dream up something cool or mysterious. Yes, my name is Holly.

Duh. Way to remain private, right?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a teen ager I found a copy of "Forever Amber", the story of Amber St. Clare who was a "harlot" in the court of Charles II. It had been written, I believe, in the 40s and a LOT of the sex was implied.Sort of like "Gone With the Wind". it was a long story and I remember reading it over Christmas vacation {and not having any of the assigned homework finished}. I always thought it would make a great miniseries, sort of like the Tudors.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorta like Pandora's story, actually. I quite like the figure of Circe in Greek myth, who's wise and strong and independent, and occasionally more than a bit snippy with men as a result of past history: thus, for years and years when I blogged, I used a variation on Circe with the tagline, "Turning men into pigs, one breakup at a time."

The motto lost its applicability when I got married, but the alter-ego stuck! My husband's told me that, to a certain extent, he still thinks of me as a Circe - we were friends way before we were a couple, so he knew what he was getting into. :twisted:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire is my Dad's pet name for me. My name is Jennifer and my hair is red (fire), so my Dad has always called me yennyfire....or yenny for short.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1306590008|2932376 said:
lbbaber|1306588559|2932361 said:

You can change it if you want to. Just leave your avatar the same for a while so people can make the connection. :))

ThankYou!! I did not know that. I will shortly (bc I JUST changed my avatar)---I thought I was stuck with it. :D

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is my nickname, given to me by my best friend in high school. She's the only one who calls me this, and still does today.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
It's German for "she who seeks/searches." That's, of course, about my search for new jewelry.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had never been on a Forum. I didn't want to use my real name. So I picked Kaleigh, it's a name I have always loved. Most people know me as Lisa.. But back in the day people were like who is Kaleigh... Are you from Hawaii?? I was like huh??

My cousin just became a grandma, and her grandaughter is a Kaleigh... I was like what a great name!!! :naughty:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My aunt and I have always shared a love for dragonflies and dragonfly art. This was just sortof a natural choice. It's stuck like glue now. Today I saw a little porcelain set of drawers and each drawer had a different dragonfly and I wanted it terribly but didn't want to spend the money. I have dragonfly shaped silver earrings and want a dragonfly pendant.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Holly - Marcy is my real name. I had no idea I'd be here so long or so active or I definitely would have picked something less obvious. I could go change my display name but no one would know who I am anymore.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No matter how many times this thread topic has been done, I never tire of hearing people's stories.

I chose mine because my dad and I always had in common a love for monarch butterflies...he taught me about their migrations, and when I married the first time (in September, in the Midwest) they were everywhere during my outdoor ceremony. That same year, actually two days after my first wedding while I was on my honeymoon, I found out that he had stage IV colorectal cancer and that he went straight to surgery the day after my wedding. He was 64 that year, and in fact his 64th was just days before my wedding. When I registered to be a member of PS, I was still going back and forth from Chicago to Indiana to visit him post-surgery, and that fall was nonstop visiting my dad. Fortunately, his surgeries were successful (although it took a couple of years and lots more surgeries and going to Mayo clinic in MN for him to be declared "cancer-free") and he is still with us today at 70 yrs. old, going on 71 this September. I still buy things with the monarch butterfly on them (my Liberty Bottleworks water bottle I take to work everyday) or whatever. A lot of symbolism and sentiment in my screenname. :wavey:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
JB are my initials, and Starfire was my first Internet username, which I picked purely because it sounded cool. Back in the day when I had AOL, I was signing up for a screen name and saw that pretty much any variation on Starfire was taken. So I added my initials, but for some reason I decided to put them at the beginning and end instead of both on the same side, and it stuck.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My name is Amy and I love :love: bling. I qush I was more creative when I signed up but oh well,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results