shape
carat
color
clarity

Your name choice

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is not creative. I joined to ask a question about my Tacori engagement ring. Had I put more thought into it, I probably would have used a different name.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I am an April Baby (and April Babies get all the diamonds :Up_to_something: )

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i started in the jewelry trade when i was twelve years old.i helped in a retail custom shop.I would do their bead work and help them with their cleaning running errands and display cases.By the time i was 15 i had 5 retail stores in town that had my work in their cases.When i was in my 20s and taking G.I.A. courses people i knew started to call me the jeweler and that grew in to the jewelerman.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing, we started referring to our kids as Thing1 and Thing2 after Trapper was born. They're wild.

My name is dumb. When I finally decided to sign up I tried a couple names and they were already in use. Usually I just use my name, or a nickname my gramma calls me, but when I started coming here pretty much everyone had something other than their actual names, so I figured I should to. I got ticked after the ones I tried were already in use so I chose a word all willy nilly..and it got accepted. Then I threw my head back and said GOH! Son of a..well, crap. You know why? B/c when you "know" someone from a forum and then you talk to them offline or meet them, even when you know their real name, you'll always associate their screen name w/them. So either people will think of Hoarders:Buried Alive, or some sort of weird little rat/possum looking animal. I told Whitby a long time ago I should've used Stunningblondegirl so when I meet PSers they'll think "Oh look, it's stunningblondegirl" and that's much nicer than "Oh look, it's packrat" Tho really..I should've tried crazywierdgirl.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I've loved the Wizard of Oz for a long time, love ruby red shoes, and my name is Beth, so rubybeth has been a screenname I've used for close to 15 years, since my AOL days. :cheeky:

GreyCat

Rough_Rock
Two reasons for me--first, my cat's name is Samuel Long Arm Grey Cat and second--my name is Cathy and if I didn't color my hair then I would be Grey Cat.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread - I find it very interesting how we choose to express and name ourselves to the world! Mine isn't terribly creative either - it's my nickname from hubby. I'm a very petite/short person and hubby is quite tall/broad so he used to tease me saying that I'm just a tiny little possum he could pick up with one hand.........

mountainpygmypossum.gif

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Black Jade is a character from a very famous and very beautiful Chinese novel, Hong Lou Meng. Her name in Chinese is Lin Dai Yu, which actually means not black jade, but something like 'eye makeup jade'-- dai is a a kind of cosmetic used for eyeliner in the old days. She has an unhappy fate eventually (some of which is her own fault and some of which isn't) as she isn't chosen to marry the boy she seriously loves, who loves her so much that the family tells him that she is the bride and he doesn't find out she is not and that she is actually dying until he lifts the veil after the wedding. However, what I identified with a lot (or wish I could be like) is that she is described as a very sensitive girl who loves writing, writes beautiful poetry, paints and is very intellectual, kind of the star of this circle of lovely, literate and intelligent girls who are all friends and meet to talk literature, enjoy music and have fun with each other in this beautiful garden, called the Da Guan Yuan, along with the boy she is in love with, who is also senstive and talented and quite different than the sort of loutish men that many of the girls end up marrying (they mostly all have sad fates).

The author (there are actually two authors, one who started and one who finished) is supposed to have based it on his actual early life.

One of my favorite parts is when Dai Yu sweeps up dead flowers and buries them and talks about the sadness of how quickly the beautiful things in life fade and die.

I picked the name because it seemed suitable for a jewelry forum, since I love Jade and there was also a little pun since I am black and have dead black hair that I've always been very proud of. (that's actually unusual even for black people, to have truly black hair).

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Black Jade|1306775401|2933778 said:
Black Jade is a character from a very famous and very beautiful Chinese novel, Hong Lou Meng. Her name in Chinese is Lin Dai Yu, which actually means not black jade, but something like 'eye makeup jade'-- dai is a a kind of cosmetic used for eyeliner in the old days. She has an unhappy fate eventually (some of which is her own fault and some of which isn't) as she isn't chosen to marry the boy she seriously loves, who loves her so much that the family tells him that she is the bride and he doesn't find out she is not and that she is actually dying until he lifts the veil after the wedding. However, what I identified with a lot (or wish I could be like) is that she is described as a very sensitive girl who loves writing, writes beautiful poetry, paints and is very intellectual, kind of the star of this circle of lovely, literate and intelligent girls who are all friends and meet to talk literature, enjoy music and have fun with each other in this beautiful garden, called the Da Guan Yuan, along with the boy she is in love with, who is also senstive and talented and quite different than the sort of loutish men that many of the girls end up marrying (they mostly all have sad fates).

The author (there are actually two authors, one who started and one who finished) is supposed to have based it on his actual early life.

One of my favorite parts is when Dai Yu sweeps up dead flowers and buries them and talks about the sadness of how quickly the beautiful things in life fade and die.

I picked the name because it seemed suitable for a jewelry forum, since I love Jade and there was also a little pun since I am black and have dead black hair that I've always been very proud of. (that's actually unusual even for black people, to have truly black hair).

Oh. I thought you chose Black Jade because you're a black lady with green eyes. Just goes to show that there's usually more to a screen name than meets the eye!

Me, I chose Trekkie because that's what I am: a complete and utter Star Trek nerd.

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Sandycheeks is a character from the Sponge Bob cartoon that my kids used to watch. Shes a squirrel that lives underwater in a town called Bikini Bottom. Not a very intellectual choice of names I'm really an Ellie.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1306588559|2932361 said:
I wish I had picked something else. I had only been on Pricescope for an hour when I signed up to ask a question. I used parts of my real name (what I use for email). Now I wish I had picked something more creative. I didn't realize PS would be what it is and that everyone would be seeing it all the time. When I picked it, I figured that I might need to come back to this site and wanted something that I would remember :roll: .

You can change your name! Just message admin, or maybe you can do it yourself in your settings.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
SandyCheeks|1306781429|2933837 said:
Sandycheeks is a character from the Sponge Bob cartoon that my kids used to watch. Shes a squirrel that lives underwater in a town called Bikini Bottom. Not a very intellectual choice of names I'm really an Ellie.

I always imagine a woman who has just sat in the sand in a wet bathing suit when I see your name ;))

AFM Dreamer is the littler red Dachsie in my avatar. She does not live with us anymore :blackeye: but I like to think of her every time I am on PS!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyCheeks|1306781429|2933837 said:

SandyCheeks is awesome!

My screen name is as unoriginal as it gets....but thats OK. :cheeky: (I should change it to shopsalot)....

cheers--Sharon

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
]

Oh. I thought you chose Black Jade because you're a black lady with green eyes. Just goes to show that there's usually more to a screen name than meets the eye!

Me, I chose Trekkie because that's what I am: a complete and utter Star Trek nerd.[/quote]

Interesting, I never even thought of that. I do tend to think of jade as being green, though it comes in lots of colors. I like the apple green best. I actually have never heard of jade being black and at first was confused as to why the character was named that. Iread it in English translation first because I couldn't read chinese at that time and didn't know it meant 'eye makeup' but thought it was just 'black'.

I just really love the book and the character.

My husband is a complete Star Trek fan.
One of my best friends goes to the conventions in costume.
Do you like the older series best or the new?

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I recognized Circe and Pandora from Greek myths and also Thing2of2 from Dr. Seuss and figured that you three were literary ladies.
I didn't recognize Amber St. Clare and am curious to read the book now. I love a lot of books from that period such as anything by Daphne duMaurier, especially Rebecca, Saratoga Trunk by Edna Ferber, books by Elizabeth Goudge--I will certainly look for Forever Amber.

My grandfather's middle name was St. Clair--he pronounced it 'Sinclair'.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I chose Haven because my biggest life goal is to open an experiential learning retreat for adults with my mom. We've been planning it for over 15 years now, and we call it The Haven.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
My scree name is in honor of the love of my life, my soul mate, Isabella......

I call her Izzy for short, and I graduated high school in '03. Easy peazy.....

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?!?!?!
023.jpg
050.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Reasonably straight forward - Arjuna is Fi's middle name, Jane being mine.
Even before I started dating Fi, I was always intrigued by the Hindu stories of warrior heroes such as Arjuna from when I was young - and I'm envious of his interesting middle name, whilst mine in just 'plain Jane' :rodent: (so I semi-adopted his, ha).

I knew it was likely to be a unique handle - and things quickly became 'AJ', which I was more than happy to adopt ::)

220px-Arjuna_statue.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, I definitely didn't expect to stick around, so I didn't put a lot of thought into my screen name! It was actually my handle in the Harley chapter when I rode with my dad, and since my name is Sarah (which means - you guessed it - "princess") AND since "princess" was taken, I added an extra "s".

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freshman year of high school I decided if I was going to have a lame boring name like Sara at least I could come up with THE most unique spelling of it - hence Cehra. The behra is just a replicate spelling of a childhood nickname.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane|1306829324|2934312 said:
Even before I started dating Fi, I was always intrigued by the Hindu stories of warrior heroes such as Arjuna from when I was young - and I'm envious of his interesting middle name, whilst mine in just 'plain Jane' :rodent: (so I semi-adopted his, ha).

I knew it was likely to be a unique handle - and things quickly became 'AJ', which I was more than happy to adopt ::)

Have you read the Mahabaratha AJ? I read it years ago.. and decided right then and there I was naming my first boy Arjun.

Mine is after "my" horse - owned by a friend, but the only one I would ever ride. Friend is gone now :(sad Horse is still going strong though, by all accounts!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to read these stories behind the names. I wish I had been a little more creative.

I have always just loved every single thing sparkly. I think I will be one of those old ladies who is covered with sparkles. Okay,
maybe not, but I do love it.

My real name is Valerie

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1306603849|2932534 said:
A long and complicated play on Greek mythology that incorporates my real name. I've been Pandora on various web-forums for over 12 years now...

Heck I even gave my kid the name Pandora as a middle-name on honour of my alter-ego!

Now as a lover of Greek mythology and everything Greek, I have to guess what is your real name. -Dora, or -Dota (-Dor or -Dot in masculine) is "gift". Very few modern names have this root. Dora? Theodora? Isadora? (That's far...)

(I guess I shall be guessing and guessing...).

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
mine is from a character in the movie Strictly Ballroom.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Izzy, your doggie is gorgeous! :wavey: :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My name is Andrea, but IRL I get called Andi mostly. Sometimes I get Dandy Andi or Andi Pandi, so I stuck with it ::)

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1306895928|2935041 said:
arjunajane|1306829324|2934312 said:

Have you read the Mahabaratha AJ? I read it years ago.. and decided right then and there I was naming my first boy Arjun.

Mine is after "my" horse - owned by a friend, but the only one I would ever ride. Friend is gone now :(sad Horse is still going strong though, by all accounts!

I liked the Mahabarata, too, I read it in my spiritual searching days way back when. I wasn't much interested by the Bhagavad Gita but I love the epic story. The thing I remember most nowadays was poor Draupadi ending up with five husbands at once. I definitely can't imagine having five husbands, especially brothers--who in real life tend to fight about everything anyway. Can you imagine? FIVE men leaving socks around and never doing the dishes--? Though of course epic heroes don't do things like that--

that makes five of us with literary names, two non-Western.

ALL of the name stories interest me incredibly and yes, the dog is cute.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I think mine is pretty plain, I LOVE MY BLING!!!, really it makes me happy. I swear everytime I get something new I will take a break for a while which lasts about a minute then I start looking again. Really though I love ALL bling, SO PS is a great place for me

Glad to have "friends" here how feel the same.

Real name is Shannon, by the way.
:bigsmile:

mol42

Shiny_Rock
My wedding was on 10/10/10. When I told a friend that I was getting married on 10/10/10, she, being a sci fi fan, immediately informed me that 101010( in binary) =42 and that 42 was (according to the HitchHiker's guide to the galaxy) the "meaning of life."
So my screen name stands for Meaning Of Life is 42.

Convoluted. I know. :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results