carat
color
clarity

Your name choice

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1306895928|2935041 said:
arjunajane|1306829324|2934312 said:
Reasonably straight forward - Arjuna is Fi's middle name, Jane being mine.
Even before I started dating Fi, I was always intrigued by the Hindu stories of warrior heroes such as Arjuna from when I was young - and I'm envious of his interesting middle name, whilst mine in just 'plain Jane' :rodent: (so I semi-adopted his, ha).

I knew it was likely to be a unique handle - and things quickly became 'AJ', which I was more than happy to adopt ::)

Have you read the Mahabaratha AJ? I read it years ago.. and decided right then and there I was naming my first boy Arjun.

Mine is after "my" horse - owned by a friend, but the only one I would ever ride. Friend is gone now :(sad Horse is still going strong though, by all accounts!

Hey Yssie, how are you :wavey:
I own the Bhagavad Gita, but have been meaning to read the Mahabaratha (I did read a very 'simplified' version when I was young).
That's awesome that you love the name Arjun for a boy.

It's actually kind of a weird thing - years before Fi and I began dating, I had collected stories and imagery of Arjuna, including a small hand painting from Bali that I had framed and put amongst other meaningful knick knacks in my room..
of course when we got together, I gifted that picture to Fi ::)

Fi had a wonderful massive painting that his folks had given him when he was young, of Arjun and the other figures in a battle scene, but it got water damaged :(sad So we will be on the hunt for something to replace it with on our upcoming Bali trip :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arjunajane|1307008465|2936085 said:
Hey Yssie, how are you :wavey:
I own the Bhagavad Gita, but have been meaning to read the Mahabaratha (I did read a very 'simplified' version when I was young).
That's awesome that you love the name Arjun for a boy.

It's actually kind of a weird thing - years before Fi and I began dating, I had collected stories and imagery of Arjuna, including a small hand painting from Bali that I had framed and put amongst other meaningful knick knacks in my room..
of course when we got together, I gifted that picture to Fi ::)

Fi had a wonderful massive painting that his folks had given him when he was young, of Arjun and the other figures in a battle scene, but it got water damaged :(sad So we will be on the hunt for something to replace it with on our upcoming Bali trip :))

:wavey: How strange! Somewhere there is a fortune cookie telling that story ::)

Culture creep is so fascinating - geographically I wouldn't expect Bali and India to have much of anything in common, historically, and yet here you are planning a hunt for ancient Hindu traditional symbols in a place 3000 miles away!

I don't consider myself religious but oh, I adore a good story - especially one with heroes and monsters and wars and kings (and multiple husbands 8) though like Black Jade I'm thinking one is enough IRL!)

Enjoy your trip!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I use this name everywhere on the net where I don't want my real name out (except for a gemology forum where I went with Scaramouche, for some reason). It is a line from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, describing the main lady. Not only do we share a name (with a small spelling difference) but also the same sense of humour, fears and loyalty. Yes, under the right situation, I would easily say "kill Claudio".

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1307055759|2936500 said:
I use this name everywhere on the net where I don't want my real name out (except for a gemology forum where I went with Scaramouche, for some reason). It is a line from Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, describing the main lady. Not only do we share a name (with a small spelling difference) but also the same sense of humour, fears and loyalty. Yes, under the right situation, I would easily say "kill Claudio".

Yes, I wanted to be Beatrice when I was 12 and read Much Ado About Nothing.
I still don't think much of Claudio and if I had been Hero, I wouldn't have married him. What an obnoxious man. to me, love involves a little trust. I can't imagine jumping to conclusions,not asking the person anything and then planning maximum embarrassment for them.
I'm losing count of the literary names. there was something about Scaramouche a few posts back--always wanted to read that book but never did.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Scaramouche is a fun book. Very much the swashbuckling kind.

My reference, though, was to the Commedia del Arte character, which, in turn, was used as the title of Sabatini's book.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the fandango? :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results