shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also bought an 18k white gold and diamond cross pendant, which I have been wanting for a very long time! And when I went to our jeweler to pick it up, I saw an amazing pair of earrings, made of silver and amethysts, that I decided I couldn't live without, so I bought those too! The earrings are a custom and unique piece, made by our jeweler's son, who is following on his father's steps and is creating beautiful pieces! I'm sure that I will be his client for life!
I attach a photo in which I'm wearing both of the above pieces!

IMG_20230409_164542.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Natylad you have acquired some beautiful jewelry! That a few were gifts make them all the more special - enjoy!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My new fave earrings with Willa. Aquamarine and diamond in sterling/18kt.

C6177692-AF2D-451E-B90B-3CA1FFE09BA1.jpeg

Those earrings @lulu_ma :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

I also bought an 18k white gold and diamond cross pendant, which I have been wanting for a very long time! And when I went to our jeweler to pick it up, I saw an amazing pair of earrings, made of silver and amethysts, that I decided I couldn't live without, so I bought those too! The earrings are a custom and unique piece, made by our jeweler's son, who is following on his father's steps and is creating beautiful pieces! I'm sure that I will be his client for life!

IMG_20230409_164542.jpg

Those pieces are great! Are the earrings grape clusters? So pretty!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teaser.....

1681323592667.png

What a tease!
Looks like it’s going to be beautiful!

Out of curiosity -
Are they able to show you previous finished examples of designs like this (small, intricate and numerous ) they’ve done before? Will it be further engraved /chased after cast/polishing?

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
What a tease!
Looks like it’s going to be beautiful!

Out of curiosity -
Are they able to show you previous finished examples of designs like this (small, intricate and numerous ) they’ve done before? Will it be further engraved /chased after cast/polishing?

No, and I have no idea. I don't even know what 'chasing' is.

And thanks!

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock

IMG_20230409_164542.jpg

All your new pieces are gorgeous, enjoy in good health! Thanks for sharing

I’ve spent all my free time sketching out designs yesterday and today and I’m beginning to feel like some of these elements - like the carved emeralds and amethyst - don’t work for these earrings. The proportions are off, and the colour is too dull. I’m going to purchase some amethyst melee instead and use it to add some more colour in (the melee I’ve collected will be used to provide colour to the petals and fauna).

So what we have so far is a flower cluster with a chrysoberyl centre and pave diamond petals at the ear, below which is suspended a blue sapphire butterfly in one ear and yellow sapphire butterfly in the other, below which is a cluster around my Ruby/rubellite consisting of emerald beads, seed pearls, one or two amethyst petal flowers, and a diamond pave bird with a long RG beak, the body of which is as long lengthwise as my stone (about 13mm).

Will be taking my sketches in to my jeweler along with my stones to see what he thinks!

Here’s an update on the process - I went in to speak with my jeweller. We arranged some stones around on a sketch and I have also decided to nix the chrysoberyls from this project. They’re so vivid that they’re getting lost in this explosion of colour, and I think I’d rather get them turned into a pair of earrings the way they are instead.

I left him with my inspo pictures and he said he will search around for even more inspo. He sent me a different pic of these Anna Hu earrings that I hadn’t found before and I think I love those even more than any of my other inspo pics, so I think we will use that as a base instead!

Still debating between birds and butterflies. I love them both.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New bands from Blue Nile to pair with my oval.

EE248A3D-4620-4F5A-8DE4-6999A3FEBDD5.jpeg

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
The 3-stone setting for the OEC I posted a couple of months back in this thread is now finished, and hopefully should be in my hands soon :kiss2:

And in the middle of designing this setting, I kind of impulsively commissioned a 5-stone OMC gypsy band too lol :twisted2: But omg the engraving ::swoon::

Here are some of the glamor shots from Sako.... ahh I can't wait!

OEC 3-Stone 5.jpg

OMC Band 4.jpg

Sako Rings 1.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The 3-stone setting for the OEC I posted a couple of months back in this thread is now finished, and hopefully should be in my hands soon :kiss2:

And in the middle of designing this setting, I kind of impulsively commissioned a 5-stone OMC gypsy band too lol :twisted2: But omg the engraving ::swoon::

OEC 3-Stone 5.jpg

OMC Band 4.jpg

Sako Rings 1.jpg

That’s incredible! Please do a SMTB when it’s in hand! I looooove the band!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

OEC 3-Stone 5.jpg

OMC Band 4.jpg

Sako Rings 1.jpg

Gorgeous. Love the engraving!!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
That’s incredible! Please do a SMTB when it’s in hand! I looooove the band!
I definitely plan to!! It should arrive tomorrow.

Gorgeous. Love the engraving!!! Looking forward to seeing more pictures.
Absolutely will take lots of photos. I'll "need" to get a fresh manicure though, as my current gel is about a month old and growing out rapidly lol

I wasn't planning to do a gypsy band originally (even though I always wanted one), but Sako posted a suite of 3.3mm OMCs and I couldn't help myself. I saw a similar 3-stone band on his IG feed a while back and used it as the inspiration for this one. My favorite detail from the pictures is probably the tiny little flowers -between- the stones. Like how do you even?!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results