shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had been admiring this bracelet since last fall. Here is the store pic I took then. I will take some wrist shots and post some more later.

44C40728-7591-4383-AEF8-1DC9391C295D.jpeg

OH Bestill my heart! That is just Devine! Would go perfect with my sapphire and diamond JB star ring in my profile picture!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new Aquamarine from Jeff W from Mount Antero Colorado, 6.01 ct. and 12.33 x 9.37 mm.

The video was shot in daylight with a blue sky, and the colour is more icy in real life. It turned out to be cleaner than expected too, so I am happy.

Most likely to be set in this setting, with an added air line/gap (I love air line/gap halos) and a thicker shank at the top (just noticed this is a great example of a windowed stone!!!):

aquamarine-dimaond-engagement-ring-emerald-cut-round-cut-vintage-large.jpg

I am also considering this setting, however, it may not work with the Aquamarine bezel-set. The side stones may also need to be bezel-set. Photo taken from Jeff's IG page. I believe this ring was made by DK, and other versions exist, including one with an EC diamond posted by another PSer recently:

Screenshot 2023-03-26 212700.png

DK :))

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I have been looking for an antique emerald ring and today found the one of my dreams, in budget! It was even named the same unconventional name as me! A Victorian ring with a GIA certified Colombian untreated emerald, with old mine cut diamond side stones. So excited!

A58A067A-B9C2-463B-85DA-ECE334B39EB0.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking for an antique emerald ring and today found the one of my dreams, in budget! It was even named the same unconventional name as me! A Victorian ring with a GIA certified Colombian untreated emerald, with old mine cut diamond side stones. So excited!

What do the sides look like? The hint of filigree I see looks gorgeous

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

It’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow! That’s a stunning ring! The emerald glows! I hope you are going to post an own thread about it!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
My new Aquamarine from Jeff W from Mount Antero Colorado, 6.01 ct. and 12.33 x 9.37 mm.

The video was shot in daylight with a blue sky, and the colour is more icy in real life. It turned out to be cleaner than expected too, so I am happy.

Most likely to be set in this setting, with an added air line/gap (I love air line/gap halos) and a thicker shank at the top (just noticed this is a great example of a windowed stone!!!):

I am also considering this setting, however, it may not work with the Aquamarine bezel-set. The side stones may also need to be bezel-set. Photo taken from Jeff's IG page. I believe this ring was made by DK, and other versions exist, including one with an EC diamond posted by another PSer recently:

lovely aquamarine and either of your setting choices would be amazing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is flipping gorgeous :kiss2:

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Never knew I would fall in love with double clips but I saw a lady wearing a costume pair on her collar another day and my oh my...

Seriously considering this pair right now, late art deco with transitional cuts in original harrods box. Quoting me $6500 so a bit higher than I would like. On the fence and any input appreciated!
1680397937251.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Never knew I would fall in love with double clips but I saw a lady wearing a costume pair on her collar another day and my oh my...

Seriously considering this pair right now, late art deco with transitional cuts in original harrods box. Quoting me $6500 so a bit higher than I would like. On the fence and any input appreciated!
1680397937251.jpg

I have been really liking these clips lately. What’s the total carat weight?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vintage ruby & diamond necklace with matching earrings. Hubby liked it, I wanted to think about it. Have no idea where to start with pricing something like this. It’s pretty unique (at least it is to me) and I can’t find comparables online… 9A09D742-C84A-42C3-899F-73D61B1B40B3.jpeg
5A3D58C7-14D2-475A-AF6F-A47D7C4BAD27.jpeg

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
I have been really liking these clips lately. What’s the total carat weight?

Looks like clips are having a comeback! Around 4 ctw is the seller's estimate, don't know how accurate that is though.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Looks like clips are having a comeback! Around 4 ctw is the seller's estimate, don't know how accurate that is though.

IF the clips are indeed 4 ctw and of good color and clarity then that seems like is a fair price.

These are less ctw but can be comp for you:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Vintage ruby & diamond necklace with matching earrings. Hubby liked it, I wanted to think about it. Have no idea where to start with pricing something like this. It’s pretty unique (at least it is to me) and I can’t find comparables online… 9A09D742-C84A-42C3-899F-73D61B1B40B3.jpeg
5A3D58C7-14D2-475A-AF6F-A47D7C4BAD27.jpeg

Often for sets like these, the rubies are treated. Is this accompanied by a reliable Gemmological lab certificate?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Often for sets like these, the rubies are treated. Is this accompanied by a reliable Gemmological lab certificate?

Thanks for input @icy_jade - I’m assuming heated because the price for both items <$40k. Pretty sure it would be way more if no heat/treat. No certificate available, they said they can get an appraisal. Will definitely pursue a lab cert if it seems a likely purchase. Still not convinced I will wear it enough to justify, no matter how much my husband likes the set.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for input @icy_jade - I’m assuming heated because the price for both items <$40k. Pretty sure it would be way more if no heat/treat. No certificate available, they said they can get an appraisal. Will definitely pursue a lab cert if it seems a likely purchase. Still not convinced I will wear it enough to justify, no matter how much my husband likes the set.

Ok given the purplish color of the rubies it seems high for a heated set imo

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok given the purplish color of the rubies it seems high for a heated set imo

Thank you SO MUCH! This is the type of feedback I need. What’s a decent price range for this? Still 50/50 on purchasing but would be good to know for negotiation.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH! This is the type of feedback I need. What’s a decent price range for this? Still 50/50 on purchasing but would be good to know for negotiation.

I would ask about the estimated gold weight and diamonds and rubies and then them to make an estimate. Typically for such sets a lot of the price is on the gold and workmanship. The rubies as mentioned, if treated and not top color, would affect the price too. It’s a bit hard to estimate in the absence of sufficient info but will suggest you take a look at similar used sets and do a comparison. Maybe create a thread and ask the more experienced PS-ers?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would ask about the estimated gold weight and diamonds and rubies and then them to make an estimate. Typically for such sets a lot of the price is on the gold and workmanship. The rubies as mentioned, if treated and not top color, would affect the price too. It’s a bit hard to estimate in the absence of sufficient info but will suggest you take a look at similar used sets and do a comparison. Maybe create a thread and ask the more experienced PS-ers?

Will do, TY!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1680397937251.jpg

I love double clips and am getting one made by an eBay seller based in India, reproduction in Silver and CZ as I don't want to spend too much on one.

They have a few available, all repros in Silver and CZ.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold this time maybe? ;-)

I'm actually doing yellow gold. The stone is very warm with yellow tint. Saving the rose for stones with a different tint (or none).=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results