shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like clips are having a comeback! Around 4 ctw is the seller's estimate, don't know how accurate that is though.

Is there a Clips thread? Maybe someone could start one and we can see what's hiding out there? I have a single one. I wish I had the mate.

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
I love double clips and am getting one made by an eBay seller based in India, reproduction in Silver and CZ as I don't want to spend too much on one.

They have a few available, all repros in Silver and CZ.

DK :))
I saw those listings often but never tried ordering since I don't know how good repros they are. Super curious! Please show us when you get yours!!
Is there a Clips thread? Maybe someone could start one and we can see what's hiding out there? I have a single one. I wish I had the mate.
I don't think so. Calling anyone who's got them clips!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw those listings often but never tried ordering since I don't know how good repros they are. Super curious! Please show us when you get yours!!

I don't think so. Calling anyone who's got them clips!!

I have purchased from one of the sellers for brooches, and found the quality to be acceptable for what I paid for.

DK :))

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Wow, all the cool projects!

I have been looking for an antique emerald ring and today found the one of my dreams, in budget! It was even named the same unconventional name as me! A Victorian ring with a GIA certified Colombian untreated emerald, with old mine cut diamond side stones. So excited!

A58A067A-B9C2-463B-85DA-ECE334B39EB0.jpeg

That is a really nice find.

<sigh>

2 more 26/27 point diamonds for the eternity ring I'm making.

Will this project never end?

:roll2:

NEVER! j/k :) Were you still thinking about a five stone?

Picked up this diamond tennis bracelet bc love the swirly casual nature.

Can I just borrow all your jewelry for a few days? I’ll loan you some half carat diamonds :D

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
The road to me having this 5 stone made is proving to be a bumpy one, but the stone sizes are settled on......

1680467192776-png.930208

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a total nutcase. Im considering sending both of my old mine cuts to Grace and combining the funds to put towards a larger OMC. I LOVE both of them but haven’t worn the smaller one at all since I purchased the larger. I’ve only had the larger one for a few months too. DSS is the worst. My husband is going to kill me when I bring it up. I do have a large sapphire diamond halo ring in production so I’m hoping that will help tame my DSS.

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Mjay you are amongst your people :lol:

Maybe send the small one to Grace first?

p.s. my advice, say nothing to your husband until you are sure :loopy:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m a total nutcase. Im considering sending both of my old mine cuts to Grace and combining the funds to put towards a larger OMC. I LOVE both of them but haven’t worn the smaller one at all since I purchased the larger. I’ve only had the larger one for a few months too. DSS is the worst. My husband is going to kill me when I bring it up. I do have a large sapphire diamond halo ring in production so I’m hoping that will help tame my DSS.

Definitely among your people! Do you have any idea what size you would want (mm)? I second Lulu's recommendation to start with trying to sell the first one; the perfect large omc may be a longer search ;-)

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

My eventual plan in the next couple of years is to sell my asscher and one of my OMCs for a bigger OMC or OEC. No real concrete timeline but my plan is similar to yours and don’t think it’s crazy LOL

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mjay you are amongst your people :lol:

Maybe send the small one to Grace first?

p.s. my advice, say nothing to your husband until you are sure :loopy:

I definitely am and appreciate all of the support so much! I’m for sure going to start with the smaller one. I’ve already reached out about my smaller one. I’ve never consigned before so I’m nervous. It just seems stupid to have one sitting in my jewelry box collecting dust when I can consolidate.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely among your people! Do you have any idea what size you would want (mm)? I second Lulu's recommendation to start with trying to sell the first one; the perfect large omc may be a longer search ;-)

I’m such a nut so I’m thankful to be amongst my people! Ideally 10mm + . If I could hit 11mm on length and 10+ish width I’d be one happy girl. Both of my current rings are so beautiful so I’m very nervous to sell and not be able to find a replacement in my budget.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
My eventual plan in the next couple of years is to sell my asscher and one of my OMCs for a bigger OMC or OEC. No real concrete timeline but my plan is similar to yours and don’t think it’s crazy LOL

So fun! I appreciate the reassurance.

Making a post in this thread because I already know I don’t plan to post pics of the completed piece and that feels a bit like a tease (it’s my most challenging foray into custom design, and it’s MY BABY, so there’s no way I could be okay with it being copied, besides I think it would make me immediately identifiable!) But I’m also bursting to talk about it with people who appreciate jewelry, so here’s my compromise :D

I’ve mentioned off and on in random threads that one of my holy grails has been a pair of multicoloured, asymmetric, coloured stone earrings. I wanted natural stones (not lab grown, though stable treatment such as heat was acceptable). My inspiration were artists like de Grisogono, Anna Hu, Margot McKinney, Victoire de Castellane, JAR, Cartier Tutti Fruitti etc. Very vibrant, over the top, but delicately made. And I had a name for my earrings but nothing else. I was going to call it Enchanted Garden (it was going to be Secret Garden, but apparently Faberge named one of their high jewelry collections the same thing).

I’ve been collecting the stones for the last couple years, and as of last week, I think I finally have everything I need :D

They will be long drop earrings. I want flowers and leaves, perhaps a butterfly or a bird.

Things I’ve collected:

1) by far the most expensive part of these earrings - a heated Ruby, nearly 5ct, native cut, but a lovely red colour (not pinkish red, but not nearly vivid enough to be top colour). I bought it years ago and it was what inspired me to make these earrings in the first place.

2) a pinkish-red rubellite that is almost the perfect match to the Ruby in terms of dimensions! I wanted a colour difference very badly but I wanted the shape and size to be similar. It’s a touch deeper than the Ruby, but the face up dimensions and even the cut is remarkably similar.

3) a three stone ring consisting of carved emerald leaves and an amethyst flower. I plan to put the flower into one earring and both leaves into the other earring.

4) small emerald beads

5) small seed pearls

6) two brilliantly vivid faceted small chrysoberyls, I can’t remember the size

7) diamond melee

8.) sapphire melee (yellow and blue)

I’m starting the process of actually sketching things out, and I’m unbelievably excited!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This morning I ordered a pair of EG natural studs from Brian Gavin. About .33 each in the 8 prong studs. My first precision cut diamonds. I am very excited. I have found I prefer smaller diamonds for comfort (or I need to reset my 1.8 ctw martini studs).

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Making a post in this thread because I already know I don’t plan to post pics of the completed piece and that feels a bit like a tease (it’s my most challenging foray into custom design, and it’s MY BABY, so there’s no way I could be okay with it being copied, besides I think it would make me immediately identifiable!) But I’m also bursting to talk about it with people who appreciate jewelry, so here’s my compromise :D

I’ve mentioned off and on in random threads that one of my holy grails has been a pair of multicoloured, asymmetric, coloured stone earrings. I wanted natural stones (not lab grown, though stable treatment such as heat was acceptable). My inspiration were artists like de Grisogono, Anna Hu, Margot McKinney, Victoire de Castellane, JAR, Cartier Tutti Fruitti etc. Very vibrant, over the top, but delicately made. And I had a name for my earrings but nothing else. I was going to call it Enchanted Garden (it was going to be Secret Garden, but apparently Faberge named one of their high jewelry collections the same thing).

I’ve been collecting the stones for the last couple years, and as of last week, I think I finally have everything I need :D

They will be long drop earrings. I want flowers and leaves, perhaps a butterfly or a bird.

Things I’ve collected:

1) by far the most expensive part of these earrings - a heated Ruby, nearly 5ct, native cut, but a lovely red colour (not pinkish red, but not nearly vivid enough to be top colour). I bought it years ago and it was what inspired me to make these earrings in the first place.

2) a pinkish-red rubellite that is almost the perfect match to the Ruby in terms of dimensions! I wanted a colour difference very badly but I wanted the shape and size to be similar. It’s a touch deeper than the Ruby, but the face up dimensions and even the cut is remarkably similar.

3) a three stone ring consisting of carved emerald leaves and an amethyst flower. I plan to put the flower into one earring and both leaves into the other earring.

4) small emerald beads

5) small seed pearls

7) diamond melee

I’m starting the process of actually sketching things out, and I’m unbelievably excited!

This sounds so exciting! I understand not posting pictures and wanting to keep it private. Supporting you in the joy of creating a beautiful new piece.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Things I’ve collected:

4) small emerald beads

5) small seed pearls

7) diamond melee

I’ve spent all my free time sketching out designs yesterday and today and I’m beginning to feel like some of these elements - like the carved emeralds and amethyst - don’t work for these earrings. The proportions are off, and the colour is too dull. I’m going to purchase some amethyst melee instead and use it to add some more colour in (the melee I’ve collected will be used to provide colour to the petals and fauna).

So what we have so far is a flower cluster with a chrysoberyl centre and pave diamond petals at the ear, below which is suspended a blue sapphire butterfly in one ear and yellow sapphire butterfly in the other, below which is a cluster around my Ruby/rubellite consisting of emerald beads, seed pearls, one or two amethyst petal flowers, and a diamond pave bird with a long RG beak, the body of which is as long lengthwise as my stone (about 13mm).

Will be taking my sketches in to my jeweler along with my stones to see what he thinks!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve spent all my free time sketching out designs yesterday and today and I’m beginning to feel like some of these elements - like the carved emeralds and amethyst - don’t work for these earrings. The proportions are off, and the colour is too dull. I’m going to purchase some amethyst melee instead and use it to add some more colour in (the melee I’ve collected will be used to provide colour to the petals and fauna).

So what we have so far is a flower cluster with a chrysoberyl centre and pave diamond petals at the ear, below which is suspended a blue sapphire butterfly in one ear and yellow sapphire butterfly in the other, below which is a cluster around my Ruby/rubellite consisting of emerald beads, seed pearls, one or two amethyst petal flowers, and a diamond pave bird with a long RG beak, the body of which is as long lengthwise as my stone (about 13mm).

Will be taking my sketches in to my jeweler along with my stones to see what he thinks!

Some inspiration: https://www.etsy.com/shop/UrsulaJewelry?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1438645478

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

I don’t either. I have learned and refined my preferences since getting re-involved with PS. I have consigned pieces to Grace too, and look forward to hunting once they sell.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Things I’ve collected:

4) small emerald beads

5) small seed pearls

7) diamond melee

This project sounds really, really cool.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Ugh my in-progress decluttereset is still not done. Apparently waiting on a setting. Thanks for listening. All of you understand and if I told my friends they would not get it :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
My new fave earrings with Willa. Aquamarine and diamond in sterling/18kt.

C6177692-AF2D-451E-B90B-3CA1FFE09BA1.jpeg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently many blingy pieces have come my way and I'm sooo happy!!!!
First up are my two new pairs of diamond studs, which I wear every day, all day and I never take off!
The first pair is 0.70 tcw, VVS2, F color studs in buttercup, custom made settings made of 18k white gold. I LOVE those! They have the most amazing presence on my ears and they are very comfortable to wear everyday!
The other pair is 0.20 tcw, VVS1, E color, in very simple 18k gold settings, for my second ear piercings. Those were a gift from a very dear colleague of mine, whom I've helped at the beginning of her career and she wanted to say thank you in a blingy manner!!! I don't take these off either. That's it! Those two pairs of diamond studs are never getting off of my ears!!!
I attach photos! Sorry for the not so good photo quality!

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_171218.jpg
    IMG_20230409_171218.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230409_171238.jpg
    IMG_20230409_171238.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 28

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, two weeks ago, my dad surprised me with an 18k yellow gold ring with a pearl. It was custom made by our jeweler That was so unexpected, because there was no special occasion! Ah, how I love it when dad surprises me with jewelry! He has been doing this since i was a little girl ! Photos:

IMG_20230409_172336.jpg IMG_20230409_172357.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results