shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had been admiring this bracelet since last fall. Here is the store pic I took then. I will take some wrist shots and post some more later.

44C40728-7591-4383-AEF8-1DC9391C295D.jpeg

OH Bestill my heart! That is just Devine! Would go perfect with my sapphire and diamond JB star ring in my profile picture!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new Aquamarine from Jeff W from Mount Antero Colorado, 6.01 ct. and 12.33 x 9.37 mm.

The video was shot in daylight with a blue sky, and the colour is more icy in real life. It turned out to be cleaner than expected too, so I am happy.

Most likely to be set in this setting, with an added air line/gap (I love air line/gap halos) and a thicker shank at the top (just noticed this is a great example of a windowed stone!!!):

aquamarine-dimaond-engagement-ring-emerald-cut-round-cut-vintage-large.jpg

I am also considering this setting, however, it may not work with the Aquamarine bezel-set. The side stones may also need to be bezel-set. Photo taken from Jeff's IG page. I believe this ring was made by DK, and other versions exist, including one with an EC diamond posted by another PSer recently:

Screenshot 2023-03-26 212700.png

DK :))

springsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I have been looking for an antique emerald ring and today found the one of my dreams, in budget! It was even named the same unconventional name as me! A Victorian ring with a GIA certified Colombian untreated emerald, with old mine cut diamond side stones. So excited!

A58A067A-B9C2-463B-85DA-ECE334B39EB0.jpeg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking for an antique emerald ring and today found the one of my dreams, in budget! It was even named the same unconventional name as me! A Victorian ring with a GIA certified Colombian untreated emerald, with old mine cut diamond side stones. So excited!

What do the sides look like? The hint of filigree I see looks gorgeous

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock

It’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see more.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow! That’s a stunning ring! The emerald glows! I hope you are going to post an own thread about it!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
My new Aquamarine from Jeff W from Mount Antero Colorado, 6.01 ct. and 12.33 x 9.37 mm.

The video was shot in daylight with a blue sky, and the colour is more icy in real life. It turned out to be cleaner than expected too, so I am happy.

Most likely to be set in this setting, with an added air line/gap (I love air line/gap halos) and a thicker shank at the top (just noticed this is a great example of a windowed stone!!!):

I am also considering this setting, however, it may not work with the Aquamarine bezel-set. The side stones may also need to be bezel-set. Photo taken from Jeff's IG page. I believe this ring was made by DK, and other versions exist, including one with an EC diamond posted by another PSer recently:

lovely aquamarine and either of your setting choices would be amazing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is flipping gorgeous :kiss2:

Star gazer

Brilliant_Rock
I have a long list in my brain, of things I want.. and on my Ebay watchlist, and on my phone, and it's constantly changing..
Picked up this diamond tennis bracelet bc love the swirly casual nature.

Very pretty with the baguette cut diamonds!

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
Never knew I would fall in love with double clips but I saw a lady wearing a costume pair on her collar another day and my oh my...

Seriously considering this pair right now, late art deco with transitional cuts in original harrods box. Quoting me $6500 so a bit higher than I would like. On the fence and any input appreciated!
1680397937251.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Never knew I would fall in love with double clips but I saw a lady wearing a costume pair on her collar another day and my oh my...

Seriously considering this pair right now, late art deco with transitional cuts in original harrods box. Quoting me $6500 so a bit higher than I would like. On the fence and any input appreciated!
1680397937251.jpg

I have been really liking these clips lately. What’s the total carat weight?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Vintage ruby & diamond necklace with matching earrings. Hubby liked it, I wanted to think about it. Have no idea where to start with pricing something like this. It’s pretty unique (at least it is to me) and I can’t find comparables online… 9A09D742-C84A-42C3-899F-73D61B1B40B3.jpeg
5A3D58C7-14D2-475A-AF6F-A47D7C4BAD27.jpeg

cloud_less

Shiny_Rock
I have been really liking these clips lately. What’s the total carat weight?

Looks like clips are having a comeback! Around 4 ctw is the seller's estimate, don't know how accurate that is though.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Looks like clips are having a comeback! Around 4 ctw is the seller's estimate, don't know how accurate that is though.

IF the clips are indeed 4 ctw and of good color and clarity then that seems like is a fair price.

These are less ctw but can be comp for you:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Vintage ruby & diamond necklace with matching earrings. Hubby liked it, I wanted to think about it. Have no idea where to start with pricing something like this. It’s pretty unique (at least it is to me) and I can’t find comparables online… 9A09D742-C84A-42C3-899F-73D61B1B40B3.jpeg
5A3D58C7-14D2-475A-AF6F-A47D7C4BAD27.jpeg

Often for sets like these, the rubies are treated. Is this accompanied by a reliable Gemmological lab certificate?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Often for sets like these, the rubies are treated. Is this accompanied by a reliable Gemmological lab certificate?

Thanks for input @icy_jade - I’m assuming heated because the price for both items <$40k. Pretty sure it would be way more if no heat/treat. No certificate available, they said they can get an appraisal. Will definitely pursue a lab cert if it seems a likely purchase. Still not convinced I will wear it enough to justify, no matter how much my husband likes the set.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for input @icy_jade - I’m assuming heated because the price for both items <$40k. Pretty sure it would be way more if no heat/treat. No certificate available, they said they can get an appraisal. Will definitely pursue a lab cert if it seems a likely purchase. Still not convinced I will wear it enough to justify, no matter how much my husband likes the set.

Ok given the purplish color of the rubies it seems high for a heated set imo

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok given the purplish color of the rubies it seems high for a heated set imo

Thank you SO MUCH! This is the type of feedback I need. What’s a decent price range for this? Still 50/50 on purchasing but would be good to know for negotiation.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO MUCH! This is the type of feedback I need. What’s a decent price range for this? Still 50/50 on purchasing but would be good to know for negotiation.

I would ask about the estimated gold weight and diamonds and rubies and then them to make an estimate. Typically for such sets a lot of the price is on the gold and workmanship. The rubies as mentioned, if treated and not top color, would affect the price too. It’s a bit hard to estimate in the absence of sufficient info but will suggest you take a look at similar used sets and do a comparison. Maybe create a thread and ask the more experienced PS-ers?

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would ask about the estimated gold weight and diamonds and rubies and then them to make an estimate. Typically for such sets a lot of the price is on the gold and workmanship. The rubies as mentioned, if treated and not top color, would affect the price too. It’s a bit hard to estimate in the absence of sufficient info but will suggest you take a look at similar used sets and do a comparison. Maybe create a thread and ask the more experienced PS-ers?

Will do, TY!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1680397937251.jpg

I love double clips and am getting one made by an eBay seller based in India, reproduction in Silver and CZ as I don't want to spend too much on one.

They have a few available, all repros in Silver and CZ.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose gold this time maybe? ;-)

I'm actually doing yellow gold. The stone is very warm with yellow tint. Saving the rose for stones with a different tint (or none).=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results