shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Things I’m waiting on - some redesigning/ transformation of some of my pieces =)2

And here are my pieces
The Akoya pearls were studs I hardly wore , the little flower diamonds were also a pair of studs and had both combined into a drop earring that is more wearable

Bracelet - combined charms
the pendant is a combination of a recent heart shaped pendant and asked them to fix it to a mother of pearl disc and with a teeny diamond studded nail;
the tsavorite pendant - again asked them to add teeny diamonds to the pendant bail…little changes and I feel like I have new jewelry!
77FE7330-7854-4897-B232-47FA1FEEE626.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A8162C0-3730-4D75-B384-9A9AFB9DBCAF.jpeg
    0A8162C0-3730-4D75-B384-9A9AFB9DBCAF.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 8818B219-60BC-4251-AA14-C053369D8624.jpeg
    8818B219-60BC-4251-AA14-C053369D8624.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 84D9A810-9163-44E3-B3E7-666299DC3F90.jpeg
    84D9A810-9163-44E3-B3E7-666299DC3F90.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 87
  • A49E6C74-B493-4E51-9305-DF8FFA4F3B56.jpeg
    A49E6C74-B493-4E51-9305-DF8FFA4F3B56.jpeg
    430.2 KB · Views: 86

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here are my pieces
The Akoya pearls were studs I hardly wore , the little flower diamonds were also a pair of studs and had both combined into a drop earring that is more wearable

Bracelet - combined charms
the pendant is a combination of a recent heart shaped pendant and asked them to fix it to a mother of pearl disc and with a teeny diamond studded nail;
the tsavorite pendant - again asked them to add teeny diamonds to the pendant bail…little changes and I feel like I have new jewelry!
77FE7330-7854-4897-B232-47FA1FEEE626.jpeg

What beautiful & transformative changes!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Isn't it gorgeous? They also have one with onyx and I think it would be amazing in yellow gold. The emerald just gives me Wizard of Oz vibes and I love it.

Calling any experts out there - Can a setting with a cabochon center be replaced with a faceted stone? Here's an example of the setting I'm referring to:
s-l1600 (1).jpg
Ha, not an expert, buuuuut...
Sure, why not? It's an open back and will likely take some prong work to adapt for stone depth.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That was my thought too, and I’m also definitely no expert! I just keep staring at it wanting it to be on my finger

Well, yeah, I would too :lol: It's so pretty! What are you thinking of swapping to?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Well, yeah, I would too :lol: It's so pretty! What are you thinking of swapping to?

Definitely a diamond. I considered a CS, but I'm so OCD with matching that I want something neutral so I can wear it often. I'm torn between this and moving forward with my 3 stone project because I truly prefer all yellow gold and the antique setting is two tone. Both would be a RHR.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
@FL_runner -

I LOVE this! Would you mind telling me its specs, the specs of your new soli, and where you got that utterly delightful band from?

And happy new year!

Happy new year! I haven't been around much lately :)

The band is actually from James Allen! I will dig up my cert for the solitaire specs this weekend. Hope all is well!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi lovely PS folks! :wavey: I don't normally like illusion settings, but was passing a jewellery store window and this kind of leapt out at me, so I went and tried it on and now I cant get it out of my mind!

illusion 3 stone emerald.jpg

Here is the video which still doesnt quite capture how bright and flashy the diamonds are:

I sometimes find step cuts a little too "quiet" for my tastes, but I love geometric shapes and this seems to have the advantage (to me) of having more facets and sparkle than if it had just 3 emerald cut diamonds.

And its a good price - at least for the "size look" anyway.

Each of the stones is held in place with a shared prong, rather than being invisble set, so it should in theory be reasonably durable.

But I'm still not sure how I feel about having an arrangement of smaller diamonds trying to look like 3 larger ones. Does it look classy - or just a bit "try hard"? I'm so tempted to get it, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Please weigh in with opinions/ advice!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovely PS folks! :wavey: I don't normally like illusion settings, but was passing a jewellery store window and this kind of leapt out at me, so I went and tried it on and now I cant get it out of my mind!

Here is the video which still doesnt quite capture how bright and flashy the diamonds are:

I sometimes find step cuts a little too "quiet" for my tastes, but I love geometric shapes and this seems to have the advantage (to me) of having more facets and sparkle than if it had just 3 emerald cut diamonds.

Each of the stones is held in place with a shared prong, rather than being invisble set, so it should in theory be reasonably durable.

But I'm still not sure how I feel about having an arrangement of smaller diamonds trying to look like 3 larger ones. Does it look classy - or just a bit "try hard"? I'm so tempted to get it, but now I'm second guessing myself.

LOVE!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

It fooled me! I love it

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Definitely a diamond. I considered a CS, but I'm so OCD with matching that I want something neutral so I can wear it often. I'm torn between this and moving forward with my 3 stone project because I truly prefer all yellow gold and the antique setting is two tone. Both would be a RHR.

Ooh, tough call. I can't help you there as I love three stones as well, but this as a diamond cluster would be fabulous. You could also have that cluster plated.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Usually, I don't like illusions at all- this is the first time I've seen one where I'd honestly wear it. I also struggle with the mirror glimmer of step cuts while absolutely loving the presence and shape. So, it's a surprising yes from me!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love it! Would you wear it as a right hand ring?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I purchased @Dandi ’s .47 east/west E color emerald cut ring in rose gold. I don’t have anything in rose gold so this will be my first!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just received my new princess cut channel set 18k white gold band to replace my lost baguette band. I love it! It’s the same width as the baguette band. I feels so much better because it hurt when I lost it. I will wear this new band a lot! It’s beautiful!
A5402D78-610B-484A-935B-121FEB41C0B1.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondhoarder another yes on the illusion ring. It’s very well done and usually you can tell just by glancing that it’s a bunch of smaller stones. It’s a brilliant design.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I just received my new princess cut channel set 18k white gold band to replace my lost baguette band. I love it! It’s the same width as the baguette band. I feels so much better because it hurt when I lost it. I will wear this new band a lot! It’s beautiful!

It’s beautiful! Do you have idea how you lost your band? I’m sorry to hear that :(

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, Beautiful! You say this is the 2.4mm version? I Would have guessed the 1.8. I love it with your e-ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful! Do you have idea how you lost your band? I’m sorry to hear that :(

@Mreader I’m so OC about my jewelry. I even take the jewelry I wear that day in a little case to my bedroom for safe keeping during the night. I have designated places I will put them when I take them off..The only thing I could think of was when I was really sick before Christmas. I wasn’t sleeping so I was a little scatter brained. I wore my yellow gold bezel cushion ring instead of my ACA during Christmas..I assumed I put the baguette band in my pouch with Winter. After Christmas I went to wear it but it wasn’t in my pouch. Maybe I threw it out with tissues. I can’t even imagine that but it’s the only thing I can think of. :cry2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Beautiful! You say this is the 2.4mm version? I Would have guessed the 1.8. I love it with your e-ring!

@RMOO Thank you..I also have the 1.8mm. I use that one as a spacer. It’s actually with David Klass right now getting a teeny stone replaced. I ran it one too many times in my ultrasonic. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m returning the wonky baguette band I purchased on EBay. It looked nothing like the photo. It also looked dead when I opened the box. I think I ran the ultrasonic for an hour with brief breaks. It really was catching the light after I cleaned it..but it wasn’t for me. Fortunately I will be able to return it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That band turned out very well - love it!!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Usually I don’t like cluster set rings, but emerald and ascher cut stones are exception’s. I really love those in illusion settings! Even if this ring is not an illusion but a common prong, I think it looks beautiful! And if the price is right, why not! Do you plan to wear it as a right hand ring?

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
I love your new band. I would love to see more photos if you have any. It is the perfect width. I have a soft spot for princess channel bands

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results