shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee The band from Etsy looks nice. I saw that they have reasonable prices for colored stone stackers as well. I returned a blue sapphire band to another vendor because it was too dark. It does look like a lot of items are final sale though from the Etsy vendor. Anything " on sale" and a lot of it is listed as on sale.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee The band from Etsy looks nice. I saw that they have reasonable prices for colored stone stackers as well. I returned a blue sapphire band to another vendor because it was too dark. It does look like a lot of items are final sale though from the Etsy vendor. Anything " on sale" and a lot of it is listed as on sale.

@elizat Good catch..I just went there to find where it says things that are on sale aren’t returnable. If there’s something wrong with it you can..I didn’t fully read all the fine print.I bet lots of sellers are doing that. I will be more careful when things are on sale on Etsy. I forget who bought bands from him. She bought a few different colors..If you scroll up you may see it. I remember also seeing a photo of the bands. I wouldn’t feel comfortable buying something without a return policy. I’m actually going to have that issue with an antique pendant that I ordered..It’s also a non returnable piece. I didn’t see where it said that until after it was purchased. My 97 year old mom hit the button prematurely before I could really make sure I wanted it. :lol-2:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@elizat Good catch..I just went there to find where it says things that are on sale aren’t returnable. If there’s something wrong with it you can..I didn’t fully read all the fine print.I bet lots of sellers are doing that. I will be more careful when things are on sale on Etsy. I forget who bought bands from him. She bought a few different colors..If you scroll up you may see it. I remember also seeing a photo of the bands. I wouldn’t feel comfortable buying something without a return policy. I’m actually going to have that issue with an antique pendant that I ordered..It’s also a non returnable piece. I didn’t see where it said that until after it was purchased. My 97 year old mom hit the button prematurely before I could really make sure I wanted it. :lol-2:

Yeah, I have been looking for a sapphire band.

The hard part is that most places do not have them in person. The color looks okay, a few posts back from the Etsy vendor, but I know it can vary a lot! I feel like blue is hard, because it can look navy and then black. I didn't really want a pink sapphire band, but it almost seems like that would be safer. I looked on Blue Nile and the real life pictures of their bands are all very dark. I can't think of anyone local that has sapphire eternity bands in my area.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I have been looking for a sapphire band.

The hard part is that most places do not have them in person. The color looks okay, a few posts back from the Etsy vendor, but I know it can vary a lot! I feel like blue is hard, because it can look navy and then black. I didn't really want a pink sapphire band, but it almost seems like that would be safer. I looked on Blue Nile and the real life pictures of their bands are all very dark. I can't think of anyone local that has sapphire eternity bands in my area.

If I see one I’ll let you know. Heaven knows I’m browsing everywhere..:roll2: Are you looking for prong or channel set?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My antique daisy pendant is being delivered tomorrow..I’m a little nervous because it’s non refundable. I will have my loupe ready to check for chips or abrasions. I asked him if there were any and he said no through eBay messages. If there are I would insist on a return.

Last edited:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If I see one I’ll let you know. Heaven knows I’m browsing everywhere..:roll2: Are you looking for prong or channel set?

Open to either, size 6.5 to 7.5, and more of a cornflower blue. Width of 2 mm and under preferred. Let me know if you see anything!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovely PS folks! :wavey: I don't normally like illusion settings, but was passing a jewellery store window and this kind of leapt out at me, so I went and tried it on and now I cant get it out of my mind!

illusion 3 stone emerald.jpg

Here is the video which still doesnt quite capture how bright and flashy the diamonds are:

I sometimes find step cuts a little too "quiet" for my tastes, but I love geometric shapes and this seems to have the advantage (to me) of having more facets and sparkle than if it had just 3 emerald cut diamonds.

And its a good price - at least for the "size look" anyway.

Each of the stones is held in place with a shared prong, rather than being invisble set, so it should in theory be reasonably durable.

But I'm still not sure how I feel about having an arrangement of smaller diamonds trying to look like 3 larger ones. Does it look classy - or just a bit "try hard"? I'm so tempted to get it, but now I'm second guessing myself.

Please weigh in with opinions/ advice!

I am not usually an illusion set fan either but this totally works with all of it's gorgeousness!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been mulling this over. Too trendy??? I just had my second lobe and and my conch (left ear) and second lobe and helix pierced (right) which for now has tiny cz studs (2-3mm) that I probably won’t be able to change until close to a year when it finally heals , and dangles don’t look good on it. I’m planning to get some huggies for my first lobe and this looks promising. I feel like it still looks elegant and classic while being more fun.

Here’s another contender but I feel like it is too trendy and I would get tired of it after a few months. https://www.etsy.com/listing/924195...m=9be901a2&ref=user_profile&pro=1&frs=1&sts=1

I was tempted myself to buy those earrings from Ferkos. I say go for it!

Reactions: ean

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been mulling this over. Too trendy??? I just had my second lobe and and my conch (left ear) and second lobe and helix pierced (right) which for now has tiny cz studs (2-3mm) that I probably won’t be able to change until close to a year when it finally heals , and dangles don’t look good on it. I’m planning to get some huggies for my first lobe and this looks promising. I feel like it still looks elegant and classic while being more fun.

Here’s another contender but I feel like it is too trendy and I would get tired of it after a few months. https://www.etsy.com/listing/924195014/14k-gold-baguette-cluster-diamond?click_key=11a7fcec66c00a219d40947749e336bd98525a36:924195014&click_sum=9be901a2&ref=user_profile&pro=1&frs=1&sts=1

I’ve had these in my favorites list for nearly a year. I say do it!

Reactions: ean

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I just received my new princess cut channel set 18k white gold band to replace my lost baguette band. I love it! It’s the same width as the baguette band. I feels so much better because it hurt when I lost it. I will wear this new band a lot! It’s beautiful!
A5402D78-610B-484A-935B-121FEB41C0B1.jpeg

how did i miss this? so beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Open to either, size 6.5 to 7.5, and more of a cornflower blue. Width of 2 mm and under preferred. Let me know if you see anything!

I actually was looking while I made dinner..I was searching for cornflower blue! I’ll keep an eye out!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@elizat I also looked for a long time for myself but couldn’t find one. I found a Simon G channel set one. It’s dark too..I settled and bought it anyway. It gives a nice pop to break up the white. I still kept looking…but I didn’t have any luck..I actually had a dash and dot band made up with London Blue topaz and diamonds because I wanted a lighter blue..
Here‘s a half band from Ivy&Rose on EBay..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My antique daisy necklace came! It’s sooo pretty. It doesn’t have any scratches, chips, or abrasions on the diamonds. They really sparkle and look so white. The bale doesn’t look bad in person. It’s just plain and a little wide. The seller included a new 18k yellow gold chain with it. The pendant is 18k yellow gold. It looks like there are some platinum prongs on parts of the diamonds even though they are in a kind of bezel. It’s two small for me to see. What’s important is all the diamonds are in great shape. It’s a small pendant so I’m not sure if the bale is worth getting engraved by David. Opinions?
3222441E-CF1A-4D88-87B2-167A554430B5.jpeg

Attachments

• 00841B67-3F32-4619-9D5C-632CDBB0A33A.jpeg
    00841B67-3F32-4619-9D5C-632CDBB0A33A.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 40
  • D8EAC68E-B780-48E0-B67C-9827488D74AA.jpeg
    D8EAC68E-B780-48E0-B67C-9827488D74AA.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 40

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful cluster pendant! And I don't think the bale is unattractive at all in its current state. So maybe wear it for a little while and see if the plain bale bothers you enough to send it in?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would leave the bale as is, myself. Really up to you though! I don't think it's going to stand out.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I love reading your posts, you’re delightful!
I love your new channel set princess band with Winter. Absolutely perfect in every way! That’s ok you have one similar. We have to fine tune until we get it right, and the new one is juuuust right.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My antique daisy necklace came! It’s sooo pretty. It doesn’t have any scratches, chips, or abrasions on the diamonds. They really sparkle and look so white. The bale doesn’t look bad in person. It’s just plain and a little wide. The seller included a new 18k yellow gold chain with it. The pendant is 18k yellow gold. It looks like there are some platinum prongs on parts of the diamonds even though they are in a kind of bezel. It’s two small for me to see. What’s important is all the diamonds are in great shape. It’s a small pendant so I’m not sure if the bale is worth getting engraved by David. Opinions?

Super cute! I love that. :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @RMOO @elizat! I think I will leave it alone. The bale is so small that I don’t think engraving will do anything for it.

@Bonfire Thank you! What a nice compliment! I needed one today!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! I say wear it for a little bit and if you don't like it without diamonds on the bail, then have them put on. I personally like it in it's original state and the idea of saving a little money for more bling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results