shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock
The tracking shows Shay received the bracelet this morning, and I sent this text message:

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.37.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.40.26 AM.png

I hope they will agree without a fight.

I'm sorry this happened too. I hope you'll be able to get your full refund without any other issues. Can you dispute with your credit card company if they do fight you on it?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry this happened too. I hope you'll be able to get your full refund without any other issues. Can you dispute with your credit card company if they do fight you on it?

Unfortunately I paid via a debit card attached to a bank account that is no longer open and the second payment was sent via wire which cannot be disputed, so I would have to get a lawyer involved.

They have now offered me my original 10ct 6" bracelet back, along with a further discount. They are waiting to hear what the further discount will be. They haven't said if they will refund me for the additional $15,000 plus the $7,000 difference since I never received the 15ct I purchased.

I am tempted to accept as I did enjoy the 10ct bracelet, but I think I am going to just insist on a full refund. At this point I don't even trust I'll receive the same 10ct bracelet back as the one I sent to them.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The tracking shows Shay received the bracelet this morning, and I sent this text message:

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.37.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 10.40.26 AM.png

I hope they will agree without a fight.

Yikes, this is so stressful. Sorry you are going thru this. :x2 Do you have a separate post regarding this so they can be tagged? They have no grounds to fight, the first is clearly their mistake, and the second one is within the return window, correct? If they can't get it right the second time, they will mess up the third time. They think their customers won't be able to tell the difference between a G and a K. I hope everything get resolved asap.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately I paid via a debit card attached to a bank account that is no longer open and the second payment was sent via wire which cannot be disputed, so I would have to get a lawyer involved.

They have now offered me my original 10ct 6" bracelet back, along with a further discount. They are waiting to hear what the further discount will be. They haven't said if they will refund me for the additional $15,000 plus the $7,000 difference since I never received the 15ct I purchased.

I am tempted to accept as I did enjoy the 10ct bracelet, but I think I am going to just insist on a full refund. At this point I don't even trust I'll receive the same 10ct bracelet back as the one I sent to them.

Take a pause and think about what you want. I don't know if you'll be happy keeping the bracelet even with a discount. It'll be an eye sore to you and it will remind of the unsatisfactory experience on such a large purchase. You would be tens of thousands of dollars out when you could have used the money elsewhere.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Yikes, this is so stressful. Sorry you are going thru this. :x2 Do you have a separate post regarding this so they can be tagged? They have no grounds to fight, the first is clearly their mistake, and the second one is within the return window, correct? If they can't get it right the second time, they will mess up the third time. They think their customers won't be able to tell the difference between a G and a K. I hope everything get resolved asap.

Thank you. I honestly think the diamonds were a lower color than K. I believe they were at least an M. They were so yellow even face-up. From the side they were so yellow I seriously almost thought they were fancy light yellows.

I don't have a separate post but I think I should make one rather than keep hijacking this thread. Yes the second one is within the return window, I literally received it & sent it back to them yesterday. I agree that they are likely to mess it up a third time. I am so disappointed and don't understand how they could send me first the wrong size AND second send me diamonds that were at least an M color. You would think if they were sending a second bracelet to make up for the first wrong order, they would've double and tripled checked it to make sure it was correct. It makes me think they don't know how to identify diamond colors.

I was also told via the customer service chat on their website when I purchased the first 15ct bracelet (and received a 10ct) that they were F/G VS stones. Well, I was told yesterday the 10ct was actually G color diamonds and lower than VS clarity.

I'm just so disturbed by this entire ordeal. I have a lot of items from Shay, and have never encountered anything like this from them. I have no idea what is going on with their business but if they are continuing to misrepresent their items they will probably not be in business much longer. It is also making me think I should take the other items I purchased from them to a jeweler, maybe they are all lower carat weight, clarity, & color than described.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Take a pause and think about what you want. I don't know if you'll be happy keeping the bracelet even with a discount. It'll be an eye sore to you and it will remind of the unsatisfactory experience on such a large purchase. You would be tens of thousands of dollars out when you could have used the money elsewhere.

I agree, I feel even if I receive the same bracelet back it is going to remind me of this experience now. I think I would rather just get a full refund, but they definitely do not want to go that route. It is going to be a struggle to get them to agree.

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree, I feel even if I receive the same bracelet back it is going to remind me of this experience now. I think I would rather just get a full refund, but they definitely do not want to go that route. It is going to be a struggle to get them to agree.

You deserve a refund and should demand as such. What happened is they probably mis-quoted you in the very beginning, plus the diamond price went up so much over the last couple months. So they probably end up losing money (or make very little profit) on this sale and in the end, they just tried to just give you inferior quality stones to minimize their loss. It will be a struggle but maybe a separate post could help because people can tag them or send them the link that this is going on. PS is a big community, and I am sure they don't want to see anymore negative reviews posted on here.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I wired the remaining funds to Whiteflash today for the 0.7ct per diamond 4-prong platinum 6" bracelet! Yay!! It's officially underway. It should take 6 weeks from this point. :kiss2: :dance:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sharing my latest purchases - pieces I can wear everyday / two of these - the circle pendant and the diamond were designed by my local jeweller using my old diamonds and I’m happy with the result. The leaf pendant was a lovely find as it has a unique feature where it opens up and you position the chain from within, it’s like a locket.. the jeweller said it was made for someone a year ago but the person asked to return it to stock.. the ruby eternity ring is sweet / they said it has Mozambique rubies I see a lot of inclusions but doesn’t bother me - makes it feel all the more organic. The flower diamond ring has two pears while the rest of the petals have clusters, it’s from a leading Indian jewellery house and is quite different to anything I have.. I’m happy and grateful to have some new pieces that I can enjoy wearing daily =)2 41FCB6EF-2982-4423-A669-29AF05C03917.jpeg

Attachments

• AFEEFD3E-36CD-4C38-8033-41AE58533B96.jpeg
    AFEEFD3E-36CD-4C38-8033-41AE58533B96.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 3E270F44-479D-4AED-B91F-92E0819D89A1.jpeg
    3E270F44-479D-4AED-B91F-92E0819D89A1.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 4018DDDF-B500-4578-BD91-99CAE6CE61EB.jpeg
    4018DDDF-B500-4578-BD91-99CAE6CE61EB.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 778296B9-165D-47C4-A326-43F1447F72F8.jpeg
    778296B9-165D-47C4-A326-43F1447F72F8.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 103
  • BCA43093-60A0-4EE3-931F-8ABD4DBC91AF.jpeg
    BCA43093-60A0-4EE3-931F-8ABD4DBC91AF.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 81D01B05-63EB-49CE-B434-AC3EE8078ECE.jpeg
    81D01B05-63EB-49CE-B434-AC3EE8078ECE.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 140

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Update: I am getting a full refund including tax wired to my bank. I am very happy with this resolution.

Thank goodness. Sorry to see how much stress this caused you. Thankfully, you have the gorgeous Whiteflash bracelet!!!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The official quote is in! $110,000 for a 4 prong 0.75 ct each 6" bracelet with certified F/G VS stones from WF. That's $20,000 less than my guess! I'm going for it! I'm beyond excited! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

The hardest part is going to be the six week wait :(

I have an absolutely stunning 22ct graduated tennis necklace from the victoria line by tiffany & co that I purchased on therealreal for half price of retail (an insane deal) that has similar sized diamonds...I never wear it because it's way too long for me. I think during this six week wait I will finally take it to a jeweler and get it shortened. It's 16.5" and I'm going to have it shortened to 14". It will go perfectly with my WF bracelet!

I'm soooooooooooooo excited for you! This is going to be The Bracelet to End All Bracelets! (otherwise know as TBTEAB :P2 ). Yes, you are wise, DEFINITELY go with WF for a bracelet of this magnitude! People will see the ACAs from OUTTER SPACE!)

(And pleeaaaasssssse get your gorgeous Tiffany Victoria necklace serviced at Tiffany's and not anyplace else. It really makes all the difference.)

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I am reaching a huge milestone promotion next month and am looking to celebrate with a bucket list item… :mrgreen:

Ohhh...that sounds exciting!

And big congrats on your career milestone! My favorite types of jewelry purchases are those we buy ourselves to mark our life/work accomplishments, they mean so much and will always be associated with a sense of pride in ourselves. You go girl!!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Which ones are the contenders?? Inquiring minds need to know

I really love the idea of the Clash! It seems so badass. I’m in a traditionally male field and I’ve definitely worked to balance my natural tendency to be a nurturer with being tough when appropriate. So the punky/femme vibe feels very appropriate to me.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh...that sounds exciting!

And big congrats on your career milestone! My favorite types of jewelry purchases are those we buy ourselves to mark our life/work accomplishments, they mean so much and will always be associated with a sense of pride in ourselves. You go girl!!!

Thank you!!!!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I really love the idea of the Clash! It seems so badass. I’m in a traditionally male field and I’ve definitely worked to balance my natural tendency to be a nurturer with being tough when appropriate. So the punky/femme vibe feels very appropriate to me.

I ADORE that bracelet

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results