shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am toying with the idea of resetting my 1.19ct EC currently in an air gap/line halo RHR in an all EC graduating 5-stone with lab/MMD sides, similar in proportion like these inspiration rings:

Emerald-cut-diamond-five-stone-ring-1.jpg Emerald-cut-diamond-five-stone-ring-2.jpg

Current ring setting:

20200722_145101.jpg

DK :))

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have been faffing around looking for an every day rose gold bracelet all year, and my heart fell for this one as soon as I saw it. I first saw it months ago (from an Australian Etsy seller) and it sold. I was a bit sad, but in no position to buy it at that time. I was perusing Etsy recently, and there was a new one in stock. It's on its way here and will go straight under the Christmas tree, so I won't be seeing it for a few weeks yet.

il_794xN.1229782026_6rhq.jpg

Love it! Wrist shots when you can wear it please!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I have been faffing around looking for an every day rose gold bracelet all year, and my heart fell for this one as soon as I saw it. I first saw it months ago (from an Australian Etsy seller) and it sold. I was a bit sad, but in no position to buy it at that time. I was perusing Etsy recently, and there was a new one in stock. It's on its way here and will go straight under the Christmas tree, so I won't be seeing it for a few weeks yet.

il_794xN.1229782026_6rhq.jpg

Can you please say which seller?
It’s lovely!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am toying with the idea of resetting my 1.19ct EC currently in an air gap/line halo RHR in an all EC graduating 5-stone with lab/MMD sides, similar in proportion like these inspiration rings:

Emerald-cut-diamond-five-stone-ring-1.jpg Emerald-cut-diamond-five-stone-ring-2.jpg

Current ring setting:

20200722_145101.jpg

I think the new setting is lovely, it is one of my favourites for an emerald cut, however, I do wonder whether you will be disappointed by the change in size look when you remove the halo, especially as it has extra "size look" built in with the airline. Plus you will lose some sparkle from the removal of the brilliant cuts.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the new setting is lovely, it is one of my favourites for an emerald cut, however, I do wonder whether you will be disappointed by the change in size look when you remove the halo, especially as it has extra "size look" built in with the airline. Plus you will lose some sparkle from the removal of the brilliant cuts.

Thanks for that.

I am now thinking I could just replace the shank with a more substantial one, still to be decided.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that.

I am now thinking I could just replace the shank with a more substantial one, still to be decided.

You could try adding baguettes into your shank, a little similar to your inspiration picture? Or do a split pave shank that would match your halo?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a 0.98ct fancy deep brownish yellow (it has yellow/green fluor so it's a real chameleon in different lighting) with 2 x 0.1ct G VS in a 14kt yellow gold cuff bangle.

Thanks for the deets! I love it, it's absolute perfection on you!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the deets! I love it, it's absolute perfection on you!

Thank you, I really liked @dk168 bangle and was really inspired by it. My wrist is 7.25-7.5 inches and bracelets never fit nor are comfortable. This is a real game changer lol

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I really liked @dk168 bangle and was really inspired by it. My wrist is 7.25-7.5 inches and bracelets never fit nor are comfortable. This is a real game changer lol

Gorgeous bangle, thanks for sharing! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Mine is quite loose on my wrist, like the other bracelets as I don't like it too tight on me.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got some wrist bling in time for Christmas. I can't believe how comfortable this bangle is.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1607305727917_6741528843829209552.jpeg

I love this so much But alas, no more bling for a while

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the ribbon ring as is! The emerald is so beautiful! I can’t wait to see the bezel setting! :kiss2:

Thank you! Here is the final result, although I am not happy with the bezel work done by my local jeweler. I was wanting to send this project to DK, but DH wanted to support our local jeweler. I've done smaller projects with them without issue, but the bezel is wonky/uneven, so it is going back to be fixed or re-done. They have apologized profusely and promised to correct it, but it is disappointing none the less. Especially considering I know DK would have nailed it the first time around (and probably for less). Lesson learned.

EmeraldRingRibbonRing.jpg
EmeraldRingClose.jpg

Right side is thicker than left and tip is wonky and uneven:
EmeraldCloseUp.jpg

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
We are going to have twin rings! :lol:

Ooh do you have a turquoise cluster I’ve never seen? I’d love to see pics if you’ve got a SMTB thread or another post.

I will say that your sapphire cluster got me started on a whole thing. I saw it, decided I needed something similar for myself, and started searching. This isn’t similar but hopefully it scratches the itch.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh do you have a turquoise cluster I’ve never seen? I’d love to see pics if you’ve got a SMTB thread or another post.

I will say that your sapphire cluster got me started on a whole thing. I saw it, decided I needed something similar for myself, and started searching. This isn’t similar but hopefully it scratches the itch.

I’m getting it back this week (yay!) from Sako, as it had a few questionable prongs.
Here is a before photo
3C6C390C-8ECC-4321-9D81-C27A9F4660A9.jpeg
I purchased it earlier this summer from a wonderful PSer. I originally intended to use it for the halo stones- but fell in love with it as it is. Hence the prong work.

Haha! Thanks for the kind words about my sapphire cluster. I also said it would be my only cluster. So much for that - ha!

Last edited:

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’m getting it back this week (yay!) from Sako, as it had a few questionable prongs.
Here is a before photo
3C6C390C-8ECC-4321-9D81-C27A9F4660A9.jpeg
I purchased it earlier this summer from a wonderful PSer.

Haha! Thanks for the kind words about my sapphire cluster. I also said it would be my only cluster. So much for that - ha!

Gorgeous! You’ve got a great collection. Your turquoise is also much nicer than the one on the ring I just bought. I intend to pop it out and stick an opal in there.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You’ve got a great collection. Your turquoise is also much nicer than the one on the ring I just bought. I intend to pop it out and stick an opal in there.

You’ve also got a great collection as well!
I won’t lie - I still think about that opal cluster you posted about earlier. After you passed on it - I made an inquiry on it and they never replied to even discuss. Oh well! ;-)

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
You’ve also got a great collection as well!
I won’t lie - I still think about that opal cluster you posted about earlier. After you passed on it - I made an inquiry on it and they never replied to even discuss. Oh well! ;-)

Thanks!

I wonder why they won’t respond. I mean that ring is gorgeous and if they had sent me the pics showing the opal was a little more interesting, I probably would have paid their asking. They claim it’s a high quality opal too so I would think they wouldn’t have an issue. I hope another PS-er manages to snag it. I’d love to see more of it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I finally got some wrist bling in time for Christmas. I can't believe how comfortable this bangle is.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1607305727917_6741528843829209552.jpeg

@maryjane04 I love it! I really love the color contrast!I have a bangle on my radar...May I please see a pic of the back?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Here is the final result, although I am not happy with the bezel work done by my local jeweler. I was wanting to send this project to DK, but DH wanted to support our local jeweler. I've done smaller projects with them without issue, but the bezel is wonky/uneven, so it is going back to be fixed or re-done. They have apologized profusely and promised to correct it, but it is disappointing none the less. Especially considering I know DK would have nailed it the first time around (and probably for less). Lesson learned.

EmeraldRingRibbonRing.jpg
EmeraldRingClose.jpg

Right side is thicker than left and tip is wonky and uneven:
EmeraldCloseUp.jpg

Your bow ring is so pretty! Bezels are hard to do. I would worry about him damaging the emerald if he were to try to fix it.. If you don’t have the confidence he can do it..I would have him remove it to make sure it’s not damaged before sending the loose emerald to David. He should give you your money back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results