shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m loving this bezel set assher but jewelry buying is on hold due to some surgeries for next year

AF31019C-A50B-4676-BEF2-CAFC3B080CB2.jpeg 44764582-F71B-4A4E-A66F-6033AB37D7C8.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I've been wanting a Diamond Riviera/ Tennis necklace forever! I think this is the finalist...8.54 ctw in Yellow Gold:mrgreen2:

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5897.jpg

Oops. I was wrong! I went with a more classic Riviera style. This is the winner! 11 ctw in Platinum.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A cluster slider pendant about 10 to 12mm in either lab/MMD or Moissy.

DK :))

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m loving this bezel set assher but jewelry buying is on hold due to some surgeries for next year

AF31019C-A50B-4676-BEF2-CAFC3B080CB2.jpeg 44764582-F71B-4A4E-A66F-6033AB37D7C8.jpeg

Is your ring in the PS hall of fame thread? Because it certainly should be! The BEST remake/reset/resurrection piece ever. It is just gorgeous, and would look gorgeous with any band it’s paired with!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is your ring in the PS hall of fame thread? Because it certainly should be! The BEST remake/reset/resurrection piece ever. It is just gorgeous, and would look gorgeous with any band it’s paired with!

Thank you! I absolutely adore it and I hope that one of my girls will as well, it’s such a special piece. I do truly hope that it is in the family for many generations to come.

I’m actually not sure if it is but it might be

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My new sunflower ring from Yvonne Raley. The center stone is a 7 x 5 pink Mahenge spinel with a demantoid garnet halo. The ring is so much prettier in person than in pictures. The pink is intense and the demantoids are light, bright and sparkly. It's so pretty!

Sunflower Ring 3.jpg

Sunflower Ring 1.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I looked at EC diamond bands last weekend. Just researching for the future. I have a wishlist for a set of core jewelry pieces to buy over time, one of which will be an upgraded wedding band/RHR.

Here is one we particularly liked. Each diamond is .45 cts and is an elongated EC. The elongated ECs looked better than the medium-length ones on my fingers. The diamonds aren't particularly well cut, but I loved the size! It complemented my CBI e-ring so perfectly!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at EC diamond bands last weekend. Just researching for the future. I have a wishlist for a set of core jewelry pieces to buy over time, one of which will be an upgraded wedding band/RHR.

Here is one we particularly liked. Each diamond is .45 cts and is an elongated EC. The elongated ECs looked better than the medium-length ones on my fingers. The diamonds aren't particularly well cut, but I loved the size! It complemented my CBI e-ring so perfectly!

Gorgeous!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow!! LOVE the emerald cut band! The stones look way bigger than .45.
It's a beautiful and substantial ring.. fabulous.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got really fed up of looking for a decent asscher in the size I wanted with the right specs and a really great cut, without breaking the bank. :wall: And with all the financial uncertainty around COVID as well, I have been cautious about a big purchase. Ive been looking for just the right stone for years, and never quite hit the jackpot.

Anyway, it occurred to me recently that my perfect asscher doesnt have to be a mined diamond. I have other mined diamonds in my collection which I love, but maybe my quest for an asscher might be better served by going down the lab diamond route. The big problem I have found with mined asschers is that they all seem to be so bottom heavey, which messes up the light return and makes them look small for the weight. And also the pavilion angles are often very strange in order to save weight, which also causes light performance problems and an unattractive profile view. But it occured to me that with lab diamonds, the cutters may be able to prioritise beauty and performance over weight retention because the material is far less expensive to begin with.

It turns out that there are some really bad ones out there, and a few really nice ones. I managed to find one with 5 pavilion steps just like a Royal Asscher, and it looks good from what I can tell from the video. So its on its way to me next week :dance: Here is the video:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got really fed up of looking for a decent asscher in the size I wanted with the right specs and a really great cut, without breaking the bank. :wall: And with all the financial uncertainty around COVID as well, I have been cautious about a big purchase. Ive been looking for just the right stone for years, and never quite hit the jackpot.

Anyway, it occurred to me recently that my perfect asscher doesnt have to be a mined diamond. I have other mined diamonds in my collection which I love, but maybe my quest for an asscher might be better served by going down the lab diamond route. The big problem I have found with mined asschers is that they all seem to be so bottom heavey, which messes up the light return and makes them look small for the weight. And also the pavilion angles are often very strange in order to save weight, which also causes light performance problems and an unattractive profile view. But it occured to me that with lab diamonds, the cutters may be able to prioritise beauty and performance over weight retention because the material is far less expensive to begin with.

It turns out that there are some really bad ones out there, and a few really nice ones. I managed to find one with 5 pavilion steps just like a Royal Asscher, and it looks good from what I can tell from the video. So its on its way to me next week :dance: Here is the video:

I’m so excited for you @diamondhoarder! :appl:It’s just beautiful! How are you going to set it?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am bidding on an oval Mali Garnet on Jeff Davies and Friends Fine Gemstones online auction FB page.

I wasn't planning to get anymore CS this year, however, the colour of this stone popped at me when I saw it - a nice bright yellow that is full of life.

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock
She is on her way :kiss2: BC4C67E0-E388-495B-A29E-BA193C0F5E68.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
C20D0D75-A41D-4D12-BD53-22ECF9915BF6.jpeg
My first opal. I don’t really know anything about opals but I think she’s pretty.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
she's a beauty lulu! her setting looks antique. is there a story as to how you came about this lovely opal ring?

No exciting story @Big Fat Facets-just saw a beautiful opal ring on @xothebijouxbox that I missed out on. Then this estate piece came available so I had to snap her up :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am bidding on an oval Mali Garnet on Jeff Davies and Friends Fine Gemstones online auction FB page.

I wasn't planning to get anymore CS this year, however, the colour of this stone popped at me when I saw it - a nice bright yellow that is full of life.

I missed out on the oval Mali Garnet by a sniper 2min before the auction ended in the middle of the night in UK. :roll2:

However I managed to get a 1.04ct round that looked like it could be an OEC type cut from JD with a discount, so I am happy.

20201019_163522.jpg

If the stone is as bright as seen in the photos and video, then I shall set it against pear shaped and/or round Tsavorite Garnet melees I bought from JD a while back in some sort of a flower design.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I've got a few ideas along similar lines so no doubt this will lead to weeks/ months of deliberations (assuming the stone passes my quality control criteria :lol:)

5929382_master.jpg asscher with bullets.jpg img_2D_0008_master.jpg STO123742AV_2L_master.jpg
42785.jpg

And here's the photo of the asscher I bought:

1.74ct F VS1.jpg
I love your inspiration ring styles! Your asscher is GORGEOUS!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful, beautiful stone!

I feel the same way about asschers - one day I hope to buy my own lab stone!

It also seems like a less scary way to experience a step cut, without breaking the bank! Love your inspo settings and will be watching to see how it goes for you!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Arg. Goin back and forth on this 30” chain 14k

1BAC189A-E6D3-415C-9BD8-4B28D619341F.jpeg 1A259051-6AAB-4BD6-A081-BFC41C208B43.jpeg

Aww I know the feeling. I am eyeing a trombone chain.. I think that chain would look lovely with all your statement pendants!!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Well I've got a few ideas along similar lines so no doubt this will lead to weeks/ months of deliberations (assuming the stone passes my quality control criteria :lol:)

5929382_master.jpg asscher with bullets.jpg img_2D_0008_master.jpg STO123742AV_2L_master.jpg
42785.jpg

And here's the photo of the asscher I bought:

1.74ct F VS1.jpg

False alarm! I received the diamond today and was pretty underwhelmed. So its going back :roll: I added some photos and more details in the MMD forum. It has a great ASET but somehow it didnt translate to a feeling of joy when I saw it. I think I'm going to continue the search for a natural stone rather than lab. Back to the drawing board.........

Nina-W

Shiny_Rock
My upgrade :) 23FBF1C4-9998-4459-BAB6-812CF6F808D9.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results