shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, @bling_dream19 ! I posted a pic above. I love it, even if I’m only wearing it at home with leggings thanks to COVID :lol-2:

It looks beautiful! What do you think about the 3 prong, comfort level and bling factor? This is on my list someday and I'll probably end up ordering from them so I'm anxious to hear your thoughts if you don't mind. And you jumped on it fast girl! I emailed within 10 min and thought I had a good chance. It was meant to be for you.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
I just bought this diamond at an auction and brought it home yesterday. So happy with it - gorgeous rainbow pastels and bright white. No culet, not a particularly high crown or small table, so not a classic oec but definite chunky facets. Anybody got a view on what you'd call this cut?

It's about 0.85ct and it's the third old cut I've bought this year, all around the same size. Crazy thing is though - I bought one loose, turned it into a ring, then decided I needed a necklace. The make a necklace I ended up buying a ring and converting to a pendant.. Now I found this one as a necklace and will probably convert it into a bangle! Ah, the joys of buying antique / preloved.

IMG_20200829_173151.jpg IMG_20200829_173214.jpg

IMG_20200829_173239.jpg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I’m feeling tempted by this. I don’t Neeeeed it but it’s really pretty and 200$...

14k white gold, diamonds, onyx

33C3F005-42ED-4DA9-A0A2-22463CE469AC.jpeg

@MakingTheGrade It's beautiful! I understand why you have the urge. Once you scoop it up (because how could you not) could you share the seller?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this actually your original stone?? That's amazing! I'm so thrilled for you - it's a beautiful pear! Please post more pictures :kiss2:
Yes it is actually the original! I noticed it in the case on occasion when I’d pop into the jewelers, it was set in a custom setting when I traded it in so it was easy to point out. I finally decided to ask if they would be willing to sell me the stone back in a solitaire and they were happy to oblige

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought this diamond at an auction and brought it home yesterday. So happy with it - gorgeous rainbow pastels and bright white. No culet, not a particularly high crown or small table, so not a classic oec but definite chunky facets. Anybody got a view on what you'd call this cut?

It's about 0.85ct and it's the third old cut I've bought this year, all around the same size. Crazy thing is though - I bought one loose, turned it into a ring, then decided I needed a necklace. The make a necklace I ended up buying a ring and converting to a pendant.. Now I found this one as a necklace and will probably convert it into a bangle! Ah, the joys of buying antique / preloved.

IMG_20200829_173151.jpg IMG_20200829_173214.jpg

IMG_20200829_173239.jpg

I’d call it a score!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is actually the original! I noticed it in the case on occasion when I’d pop into the jewelers, it was set in a custom setting when I traded it in so it was easy to point out. I finally decided to ask if they would be willing to sell me the stone back in a solitaire and they were happy to oblige

This is amazing! It's such a pretty stone!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope - not today. Fedex screwed up the shipping and it's getting here on Monday. :(

ETA And no earrings - just 3 rings: the spinel in a halo, my three stone with new sides, and my ruby and diamond 5 stone, which has been resized.

ETA x 2 Should have my 2 COMPLETED (yaaaaay!!) charm bracelets in the next 2 weeks and 2 pairs of earrings by the end of September.

And then I'm on ban island till 2021.

Altho, I have to admit, I *did* buy a 1.05ct G SI1 AVR the other day. It's gorgeous and it's going into a new Gloria Floria ring in the new year. Unless I do a cluster with it instead. Who can rightly say?? :D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope - not today. Fedex screwed up the shipping and it's getting here on Monday. :(

ETA And no earrings - just 3 rings: the spinel in a halo, my three stone with new sides, and my ruby and diamond 5 stone, which has been resized.

ETA x 2 Should have my 2 COMPLETED (yaaaaay!!) charm bracelets in the next 2 weeks and 2 pairs of earrings by the end of September.

And then I'm on ban island till 2021.

Altho, I have to admit, I *did* buy a 1.05ct G SI1 AVR the other day. It's gorgeous and it's going into a new Gloria Floria ring in the new year. Unless I do a cluster with it instead. Who can rightly say?? :D

:lol: There’s no hope for us @mrs-b!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: There’s no hope for us @mrs-b!

I do hear you on this - but the truth for me is that I *will* stop. I've always been a person with a specific vision who stopped when I arrived at that point. I actually don't *want* to go on and on endlessly with jewelry; past a point, it ceases to be special, y'know?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do hear you on this - but the truth for me is that I *will* stop. I've always been a person with a specific vision who stopped when I arrived at that point. I actually don't *want* to go on and on endlessly with jewelry; past a point, it ceases to be special, y'know?

I hope you get there @mrs-b I really
believe that after my ACA upgrade to a G..I’ll be done. Then I think about the topaz I have in the previous tapered baguette setting. I can’t leave a topaz in that setting so I probably should change it out to something else. Then....I have a lab diamond that would make a beautiful solitaire bangle....It seems there will always be a concession with just finishing up something...haha

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
@Phanie that's an awesomely cool ring.

Thank you.
Just got it yesterday after quite the hesitation for the setting, questioning myself on the size.
It is huge but it is super comfy.

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
@Ladygrey, am I seeing things? It looks like there is a culet :confused: It's a really pretty diamond and a nice size too!

I actually have a no culet OEC:

IMG_7353.JPG

IMG_7781.JPG

I think you're right! After I read this, I zoomed in closer and what do you know.... Little baby culet. Thanks for pointing that out! So oec, I guess, just not a particularly high crown. It's so 'pastel rainbowy' - the auction photos were enough to show a nice facet pattern, but it's so so so much lovelier in person. Ahhhhh.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ladygrey, oh good I was about to make an eye appointment!

FWIW I had an OEC that was flat as a pancake, it was a spready stone, it was a really pretty stone and yours sounds much the same =)2

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I have issues :lol-2: because I just got my 4ct FY cushion in May. But I was back at the jewelry exchange to drop off a repair, and we all know how it goes. Decided to take a stroll down to my favorite vendor who scores the most amazing antique and estate pieces, and this ring screamed at me from the case!

She’s a 5.51 (I think) GIA J VS2 emerald cut, but a fatter EC like I like, with chunky but not too chunky facets. Half moons to each side. The price is such a steal. I can’t touch just this diamond within $25k of the price he’s asking for the whole ring on other vendor websites. Someone tell me to stop
72CD42E5-86E5-41C0-B539-7A66845D3866.jpeg C3375C48-9B65-4145-ABB2-CA9B72A4A8A3.jpeg A57F7C07-8EE7-400B-AB0E-B9BE51C90416.jpeg C29A82B1-F110-45AE-BFA4-AAE2CAD46099.jpeg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
She’s a 5.51 (I think) GIA J VS2 emerald cut, but a fatter EC like I like, with chunky but not too chunky facets. Half moons to each side. The price is such a steal. I can’t touch just this diamond within $25k of the price he’s asking for the whole ring on other vendor websites. Someone tell me to stop

BUY BUY BUY:-o:lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CSpan, it would have been brilliant but the seller never shipped it and has not responded to my emails. I had to open a claim with PayPal. Guess it was too good to be true.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
found this yesterday in a jewelry store in Aspen that had a 50% sale of the entire store, I’m a sucker for sales. It was pretty dirty and the gold has some patina to it so I wasn’t even sure I was buying real gold but it’s Aspen to I had to trust it. Go it home and louped it in order to find the hallmark which ended up being caked in years of gunk like most old jewelry is, the inside is engraved but I’m not sure yet what it says. To my surprise I found the JR Wood & Sons hallmark, this wheat Art Deco wedding band is in pristine condition and I can’t believe I just happened to stumble apon

781511FD-0758-40A7-BDAA-309F59531150.jpeg

E18EC0A0-DC0A-414E-ABA8-D4DD0E346DED.jpeg

9AD1D3C2-B7BA-4FAE-9B9F-CB423CA24AAA.jpeg

I love this! Such a beautiful band. Great find!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@CSpan, it would have been brilliant but the seller never shipped it and has not responded to my emails. I had to open a claim with PayPal. Guess it was too good to be true.

I’m sorry @YadaYadaYada PayPal had to step in when I had a problem on a Etsy. The seller had my money but I never received my ring. PayPal refunded my money after a waiting period.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I've asked my SA in Paris at Boucheron to help me locate a necklace I didn't have time to try on last year. I really miss being in Europe and can't wait to go back soon.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
72CD42E5-86E5-41C0-B539-7A66845D3866.jpeg C3375C48-9B65-4145-ABB2-CA9B72A4A8A3.jpeg A57F7C07-8EE7-400B-AB0E-B9BE51C90416.jpeg C29A82B1-F110-45AE-BFA4-AAE2CAD46099.jpeg
Stunning ring:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results