shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always had The Bracelet Bug, as you know. I added 3 Tiffany bangles for my Birthday to stack with others on my RH. But I've discovered that these are only worn on occasion & really at heart, my 2 Tiffany plat DBTY's are where i'm at. I've worn these pretty much 24/7 for 9 years stacked snugly next to my watch. They're classy, understated, easy to wear & just very "me".

I've been trying to decide what I felt was missing & settled on something also fine chained, but in rich buttery 18ct yellow gold. Nothing at Tiff's shouted at me & I didn't want to add another of their DBTY's. That would be like having 10 pairs of identical shoes in different colours :lol:

Last week I stumbled across The One. It's 18ct with 3 small unheated bezel set square Burmese Rubies. I stalled, going back & forth over the cost, but this morning I pulled the trigger. Will start a thread when it arrives. Excited!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have always had The Bracelet Bug, as you know. I added 3 Tiffany bangles for my Birthday to stack with others on my RH. But I've discovered that these are only worn on occasion & really at heart, my 2 Tiffany plat DBTY's are where i'm at. I've worn these pretty much 24/7 for 9 years stacked snugly next to my watch. They're classy, understated, easy to wear & just very "me".

I've been trying to decide what I felt was missing & settled on something also fine chained, but in rich buttery 18ct yellow gold. Nothing at Tiff's shouted at me & I didn't want to add another of their DBTY's. That would be like having 10 pairs of identical shoes in different colours :lol:

Last week I stumbled across The One. It's 18ct with 3 small unheated bezel set square Burmese Rubies. I stalled, going back & forth over the cost, but this morning I pulled the trigger. Will start a thread when it arrives. Excited!

Oh I’m excited to see this!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can’t wait to see it. If been looking for a dbty ruby bracelet for a while now. Can’t seem to find one I love.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I really needed something simple in order to set my tiny 0.51ct round Russian demantoid. So I found this thing today and made an inquiry. https://www.etsy.com/listing/835988899/14kt-solid-gold-solitaire-swirl?ref=shop_home_active_7&frs=1 The owner responded immediately and asked whether I would like to see a render or not. I didn't know what it was but after he explained I asked for the render. I want my ring to be in YG. So now I am waiting...The conversation has ended more than 2 hours ago. Did I need to see a render? :confused:
0''.jpg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I really needed something simple in order to set my tiny 0.51ct round Russian demantoid. So I found this thing today and made an inquiry. https://www.etsy.com/listing/835988899/14kt-solid-gold-solitaire-swirl?ref=shop_home_active_7&frs=1 The owner responded immediately and asked whether I would like to see a render or not. I didn't know what it was but after he explained I asked for the render. I want my ring to be in YG. So now I am waiting...The conversation has ended more than 2 hours ago. Did I need to see a render? :confused:
0''.jpg

The nice store owner responded with lovely pictures of how my ring made of YG and in size 6 1/2 would look like. I loved the appearance and I paid for the setting right away :kiss2: 0''''.jpg 0'''.jpg

Last edited:
H

Horsegirl76

Just chiming in to say that I’m four days away from my 17th anniversary and upgrade. I’ve waited 29 days already. It’s been a long wait, but I have my reasons for doing so.

I have to say though that I’m so glad we decided to upgrade. My brother just got engaged and my mom gave him her beautiful blue sapphire and diamond halo ring for him to propose with. Hand forged by a very special jeweler, I couldn’t help but be jealous as it was my favorite piece that she owned (she has an incredible collection). I’d always assumed I would receive it from her one day. I must admit it is SO gorgeous on my brother’s beautiful fiancé with her lovely young hands and ginormous blue eyes. It was made for her. And it is so beautiful it should be worn every day and not part of a collection for occasional wear.

So if you’re still with me, upgrading really helped lessen my envy. First world problems here, but I know my fellow PSers understand. And because my DH is awesome, he has already promised that he will get me a blue sapphire ring that is perfect for me in the future.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Just chiming in to say that I’m four days away from my 17th anniversary and upgrade. I’ve waited 29 days already. It’s been a long wait, but I have my reasons for doing so.

I have to say though that I’m so glad we decided to upgrade. My brother just got engaged and my mom gave him her beautiful blue sapphire and diamond halo ring for him to propose with. Hand forged by a very special jeweler, I couldn’t help but be jealous as it was my favorite piece that she owned (she has an incredible collection). I’d always assumed I would receive it from her one day. I must admit it is SO gorgeous on my brother’s beautiful fiancé with her lovely young hands and ginormous blue eyes. It was made for her. And it is so beautiful it should be worn every day and not part of a collection for occasional wear.

So if you’re still with me, upgrading really helped lessen my envy. First world problems here, but I know my fellow PSers understand. And because my DH is awesome, he has already promised that he will get me a blue sapphire ring that is perfect for me in the future.

You and your mom are so sweet! She gave her best ring and you are using only the best words describing your future SIL:love::love::love:. Happy anniversary to you and to your awesome husband!

H

Horsegirl76

You and your mom are so sweet! She gave her best ring and you are using only the best words describing your future SIL:love::love::love:. Happy anniversary to you and to your awesome husband!

Thank you! I think your demantoid ring is perfect. I love solitaires.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Several years ago DH and I were on a trip and wandered into a jewelry store looking at antique brooches. I loved them and had seen conversion pics but not one that suited my taste. I like sleek and modern....and antique diamonds. I am very careful if I try to blend the two and just wasn’t seeing a way to convert a brooch. Then I saw @mrs-b sparkly doo dad and thought that was a perfect way for me to have antique cuts transformed into a contemporary setting. I had a few OMC’s already and a ring that I was not wearing. So that has been in the works. I met with the jeweler today to play around with the unset diamonds and get a feel for what I had. Oh sooooo much fun! I loved being able to be hands on and while he’s only done one other piece for me he knew I would want to place the diamonds in their spots. I did some tweaking after this pic but this is close to where we are.
C032D56B-B72D-4338-96EB-7CAF42AFDAEC.jpeg
There are mostly OMC’s, at least one OEC, some old single cuts and he had some tiny MRB’s that we added because they are like little stars sparkling in the background. These are mostly sideways and upside down but you all will see past that, lol. There is not an intended pattern. There are more surprises happening with this piece but I’ll wait until the finished reveal for that.

Ok, to complicate matters in a way I did not foresee..after this piece was past the concept stage I happened to find this pic of a brooch to wide bangle conversion. 48119BAB-DAF7-48AF-9BD4-4CEBF55AF753.jpeg
And Then this brooch came up for sale.... :kiss2:
3505CE4D-E8D5-45F3-B100-147008AB7E46.jpeg
it’s the one I have been looking for since shopping with DH that day...and Now maybe I see a way to blend that antique + modern vibe I love.

But I will have to wait and see the sparkly doo dad because I may feel that is the one piece I want and pass on the conversion idea. DK would have to check it out to see if it is even possible and I don’t want to think about the gold price on a bangle like that until prices drop. So this brooch will sit in waiting for a while because I already know I’m in love with the doo-dad ever since seeing it the first time. Of course now @mrs-b just sold hers and if the timing had all been different, if I didn’t already have this one going....if, if, if....lol.

And that’s all I have going on right now...which is a lot for me!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several years ago DH and I were on a trip and wandered into a jewelry store looking at antique brooches. I loved them and had seen conversion pics but not one that suited my taste. I like sleek and modern....and antique diamonds. I am very careful if I try to blend the two and just wasn’t seeing a way to convert a brooch. Then I saw @mrs-b sparkly doo dad and thought that was a perfect way for me to have antique cuts transformed into a contemporary setting. I had a few OMC’s already and a ring that I was not wearing. So that has been in the works. I met with the jeweler today to play around with the unset diamonds and get a feel for what I had. Oh sooooo much fun! I loved being able to be hands on and while he’s only done one other piece for me he knew I would want to place the diamonds in their spots. I did some tweaking after this pic but this is close to where we are.

There are mostly OMC’s, at least one OEC, some old single cuts and he had some tiny MRB’s that we added because they are like little stars sparkling in the background. These are mostly sideways and upside down but you all will see past that, lol. There is not an intended pattern. There are more surprises happening with this piece but I’ll wait until the finished reveal for that.

Ok, to complicate matters in a way I did not foresee..after this piece was past the concept stage I happened to find this pic of a brooch to wide bangle conversion.

it’s the one I have been looking for since shopping with DH that day...and Now maybe I see a way to blend that antique + modern vibe I love.

But I will have to wait and see the sparkly doo dad because I may feel that is the one piece I want and pass on the conversion idea. DK would have to check it out to see if it is even possible and I don’t want to think about the gold price on a bangle like that until prices drop. So this brooch will sit in waiting for a while because I already know I’m in love with the doo-dad ever since seeing it the first time. Of course now @mrs-b just sold hers and if the timing had all been different, if I didn’t already have this one going....if, if, if....lol.

How beautiful, @1ofakind! I love your collection of old cuts! And I heartily second the idea of dotting it throughout with tiny MRBs - delightful!

And that brooch would mke an awesome cuff! I like this idea - seems far more integrated than a lot of the brooch conversions I see. Very nice!

Will look forward to seeing how these turn out. Welcome, sparkly doo-dad sister! :wavey:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C032D56B-B72D-4338-96EB-7CAF42AFDAEC.jpeg

Ok, to complicate matters in a way I did not foresee..after this piece was past the concept stage I happened to find this pic of a brooch to wide bangle conversion. 48119BAB-DAF7-48AF-9BD4-4CEBF55AF753.jpeg
3505CE4D-E8D5-45F3-B100-147008AB7E46.jpeg

I love this wide brooch / bangle conversion. It's definitely the best of both worlds :kiss2:

Q

Queenie60

The setting is here. Now looking for some good local jeweler whose business is open. My daughter's jeweler is closed ;(:cry::(( IMG_2678 (2).JPG IMG_2679 (2).JPG IMG_2682 (2).JPG

@ Musia- since you're in Cupertino, Go and see Shepherd Jewelers in Los Gatos (408) 395-9494. He's a Jewelry Manufacturer, a wonderful bench. I have used him for several settings, repairs, etc. He does beautiful work and is reasonably priced.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
@ Musia- since you're in Cupertino, Go and see Shepherd Jewelers in Los Gatos (408) 395-9494. He's a Jewelry Manufacturer, a wonderful bench. I have used him for several settings, repairs, etc. He does beautiful work and is reasonably priced.

Thank you so much! I will do it! Will contact them tomorrow morning for sure! :love::love::love:

Q

Queenie60

Thank you so much! I will do it! Will contact them tomorrow morning for sure! :love::love::love:

They are open Tuesday through Thursday, 9 am to 4 pm.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh how nice if you can find someone recommended to put this Together for you @Musia!! It will be lovely!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh how nice if you can find someone recommended to put this Together for you @Musia!! It will be lovely!

Daughter will call tomorrow morning, then go if she could make an appointment. The ring is mine, but she loves visiting jewelers a lot! She is thrilled already! Thank you!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
They are open Tuesday through Thursday, 9 am to 4 pm.

Thank you so much @Queenie60 ! No appointment needed (maybe because my project was an easy one), they now work on Fridays too. My daughter loved the people and the place a lot! She lives not too far from them, in Campbell. So she decided to "move" to this place with her future projects too. Happy!!! :D8-):cool2::love:

Q

Queenie60

Thank you so much @Queenie60 ! No appointment needed (maybe because my project was an easy one), they now work on Fridays too. My daughter loved the people and the place a lot! She lives not too far from them, in Campbell. So she decided to "move" to this place with her future projects too. Happy!!! :D8-):cool2::love:

@Musia - I am so glad for you! I would never recommend a business unless I have vetted them myself. Very happy!:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results