shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE, love your sapphire eternity, I just bought one too, posted upthread, great minds....:)

@natasha-cupcake, that looks fantastic with your solitaire. Yes the spinning drives me crazy too, I am slowly changing my hands to all eternities for this reason.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
And secondly - my EC diamond arrived yesterday. It's *beautifully* cut - has lovely sparkle and glow - and it's a perfect size. I've finalized a setting design and it's already been cast, and now I'm waiting for some custom cut side stones. It's a slow business - but this one is really going to be worthwhile!

20200310_092633.jpg

Hi mrs-b,
Your EC diamond is stunning! Would you mind sharing the specs. and where you found such a gorgeous diamond?

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi mrs-b,
Your EC diamond is stunning! Would you mind sharing the specs. and where you found such a gorgeous diamond?

What a gorgeous EC there @mrs-b I can’t wait to see it set.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mrs-b,

Hi @jeaniefish :))

I think it's a 4.07ct S/T colored emerald cut, sourced by Alex Parks. It's 10.5mm x 7.75mm - or thereabouts. It's currently with David Klass to be set, but the current situation has pushed this being completed - by up to a couple of months. We'll get there, tho!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A few things I have my eye on to lift the Covid blues. I'm not sure if I will pull the trigger on any of them, as I'm saving up to buy a house (hopefully soon) and every bit counts. It also feels shallow to be spending on jewellery when such terrible things are going on in the world and people losing their jobs, homes etc. I just feel grateful to be in the position I'm in. I'm sure all of us are feeling that way to a certain extent.

These earrings from Costco:
https://www.costco.com/round-brilli...ti-stone-halo-earrings.product.100225471.html

A little flower necklace from an ebay seller mentioned in this thread, something like this one (not posting my actual favourite one in case someone scoops it :tongue:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-K18WG-K10WG-Flower-Diamond-Necklace-260-003-161-8137/402047756498

Oooooor... for much more of a splurge, there's a ring I've been eyeing on this site. https://www.astteria.com/
Again, I don't want to post the exact one because it's unique, but I'd love to hear if anyone has heard of this vendor. They seem to be a legit company, but a pricescope search brings up just a few brief mentions.
Here's one of my favorites, I'm ok posting this one because my budget isn't stretching that far anyway :lol:
https://www.astteria.com/fancy-vivi...-12-ct-cushion-shape-gia-certified-2183559498

joelly

Ideal_Rock

I think it's a 4.07ct S/T colored emerald cut, sourced by Alex Parks. It's 10.5mm x 7.75mm - or thereabouts. It's currently with David Klass to be set, but the current situation has pushed this being completed - by up to a couple of months. We'll get there, tho!

It’s delish. Gorgeous is an understatement. I can’t wait to see the finish product.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
And secondly - my EC diamond arrived yesterday. It's *beautifully* cut - has lovely sparkle and glow - and it's a perfect size. I've finalized a setting design and it's already been cast, and now I'm waiting for some custom cut side stones. It's a slow business - but this one is really going to be worthwhile!

20200310_092633.jpg

Now that you’ve seen this gorgeous EC in person, what are you planning regarding e-rings? Do you get a sense whether this will replace your round?

Asking because when I dream of upgrading I am always torn between large rounds and step cuts. You have both and I’m curious whether you’re leaning one direction over the other, or if perhaps you will alternate?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

20200310_092633.jpg

Also???? HOLY COW that stone is insanely gorgeous.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also???? HOLY COW that stone is insanely gorgeous.

Thanks, @Tonks! :))

It's a beautifully cut stone and WAY whiter than its S/T grading. If I cared enough (I don't) I'd send it back to be re-graded. Alex said in his original post that he thought it was a K/L, and when I got it, I sat with Amy from DKJ for 20 minutes looking at it, and I'll be blowed if either of us could find *anything* resembling an S/T grading. So...I'm thinking I'm just super lucky!

The setting will be (hopefully) spectacular. Similar to one I've seen before, but with a BIG twist to it. Unfortunately, there is NO progress thus far on it, as it needs to have stones cut in NY, and it's just not possible right now. So where we go from here...I don't really know.

As for - which do I prefer? These rings will be so insanely different, it would be impossible to choose. They each speak to a different part of my aesthetic. I think I'll always wear my 3 stone the most - I just love that ring so much! - but the EC will be a very fun ring and something quite different. Variety and spice and all that! :mrgreen:

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock

I know it will be gorgeous. A stunning diamond + a DK setting = something amazing to look forward to in your near future!

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
So I’m excited to say that even though I had to return the french cut band I was so excited about(from Etsy), I was able find and purchase another one that I saw online on Wilson Estates. Platinum, Size 6, approximately 1.25 ctw, vintage, french cut diamonds, about 2.7 mm wide and 1.9 mm in height. Has milgrain edges and filigree details on the outside. LOVE!!!
Here she is-
314D652D-2474-4596-8B01-4DFD5AE1D1FA.jpeg 23C311C6-6CD5-4923-826D-70F5FD119CE5.jpeg 0F37CCDC-0C80-4955-B104-2C38667ECFB5.jpeg 928A94D4-F3BC-4C09-97BE-8E08662575A2.jpeg 662950C6-8879-4569-88CD-1454A44603F2.jpeg BB60AAAB-20B7-475A-912E-373FCA859E86.jpeg 2AB3D34E-85C4-426C-99DC-B35453EDF4D6.jpeg

Hello, I'm late to the party here, but wanted to say that this set is perfectly matched, gorgeous!
I was hoping you could tell me please Kayla, is your e-ring set in CvB Dahlia?? And it's size?
Thanks so much

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, I'm late to the party here, but wanted to say that this set is perfectly matched, gorgeous!
I was hoping you could tell me please Kayla, is your e-ring set in CvB Dahlia?? And it's size?
Thanks so much

Hello! Thank you so much! It is not the Dahlia, it is very similar though. I actually helped design the Dahlia and owned the first one ever made, so I am very familiar with it.

I borrowed this design from another PSer who had it made by DK. I made a few changes as well with DK when he made it. It’s a size 5.5 and has a platinum head and rose gold shank. The diamond is about 9.3mm.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My band is out for delivery!!! A day early too which I don't know about the rest of you but nothing through USPS has been showing up on time nevermind early. Of course I don't fault them at all, just saying.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here and it's perfect! Here are a few pictures, the bottom one with an "unmentionable" (as Mamabean would say) solitaire but I was too lazy to get the diamond one.

IMG_8240.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8242.JPG

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
As for - which do I prefer? These rings will be so insanely different, it would be impossible to choose. They each speak to a different part of my aesthetic. I think I'll always wear my 3 stone the most - I just love that ring so much! - but the EC will be a very fun ring and something quite different. Variety and spice and all that!

I am really looking forward to seeing what lovely rings you create, mrs-b. That EC in particular faces up so much lighter than an S/T!!

(As a side note, you are one of the people on PS that I really look up to and respect, so thank you for being there!)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really looking forward to seeing what lovely rings you create, mrs-b. That EC in particular faces up so much lighter than an S/T!!

(As a side note, you are one of the people on PS that I really look up to and respect, so thank you for being there!)

Thank you so much, @springerspaniel - that's very kind. :)) I think I've decided to go a different direction with the EC. It's been some months now and I've made no progress with the side stones. I really want it set, and it's meant to be for my birthday in 6 weeks, and we're running out of time. So I've requested a plain bezel setting so I can get it on my finger in time and might re-set it into my dream setting next year.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I have one more layaway payment coming up, then this lady will be mine. 8) I found her on IG/Etsy. She's a Victorian conversion ring with 1.6 carats of OMCs, I through L color (exactly my sweet spot in terms of color). The hand in the third pic is the seller's.

This will likely be my only bling purchase in 2020 since our income has taken a massive, sphincter-clenching hit. If I had known there was going to be a global pandemic I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on this, but I guess she'll be my "souvenir" from this crazy and historic time.

Horseshoe ring 1.jpg Horseshoe ring 2.jpg Horseshoe ring 3.jpg

This is SO pretty, KD!! Another beautiful addition to your sublime jewelry collection❤️❤️.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! @bling_dream19 It’s perfect! Looks so lovely on your hand!

@mrs-b I think that is a great idea. I love a good bezel! So easy to wear and quite chic too! In what color metal did you chose? Can’t wait to see it!

Q

Queenie60

I have a beautiful opal purchased from @jordyonbass last year and beautiful tiny OEC's purchased from @mrs-b - my next project is to have a halo ring done by either CVB or DK. And, considering 2 - 1/2 carat each, ACA's from Whiteflash to have bezeled and made as ear charms to hang from my small diamond hoops. Of course, these will need to wait until SIP is lifted and things are up and running!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20200310_092633.jpg

Why on earth am I only just seeing this emerald cut??! :-o

It. Is. Gorgeous. Can we have some specs & details please?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why on earth am I only just seeing this emerald cut??! :-o

It. Is. Gorgeous. Can we have some specs & details please?

Ignore me @mrs-b ! I carried on reading & found the specs from you in another post. Stunning!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I consider setting my Russian demantoid in this beautiful semi mount ring https://www.etsy.com/listing/647155466/antique-style-semi-mount-diamond-blue?ref=cart My plan is to give it to my older granddaughter as her 2nd birthday present (her mom will take care of the ring till the baby is old enough to wear it) in September. The stone's color is not very green but it is lovely. And this little thing produces many bright sparks! IMG_9922.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results