shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I just recieved 2 bracelets from mejuri and really like them! I picked up the emerald and white gold paperclip during their 20% off sale. The yellow gold paperclip bracelet was from etsy and felt very cheap and light in comparison. It was supposed to be 2.3mm but looked smaller and thinner than the mejuri one. I also ordered the bead bracelet and had to stop myself from looking at more. Yup I wear them all like this lol. It's ridiculous but it's so hard to take bracelets off and I really don't want any to feel left out :)

20231120_121549.jpg

jewelryjen

Shiny_Rock
Further to my musing of how to set a large round Danburite as pearl clasp for different strands of pearls, I am thinking about setting a Colorado Aquamarine cut by Jeff W as another pearl clasp, 6.01ct 12.33 x 9.37mm, here is a video of the stone, probably with some LGD surrounding it:

I already have a bigger Aquamarine in a ring and don't really need another, hence the idea of setting it into something else, like a pendant or a bangle bracelet.

However, a pearl clasp that can take different strands will be more wearable for me.

Inspiration came from this I saw in IG:

Screenshot 2023-11-18 104218.png

DK :))

That would be beautiful!

jewelryjen

Shiny_Rock
So I just received one of my stones, the golden beryl, in the mail and I had been contemplating a pearl enhancer but then I saw this ring. I was thinking obv smaller scaled for my stone but changing the platinum for 18k yellow and then keeping what appears to be rose gold on the shank and part of the stone border? My picture does it no justice but a better pic is up thread.
I don’t know. A possibility. IMG_0457.png

Attachments

• IMG_0458.jpeg
    IMG_0458.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0459.jpeg
    IMG_0459.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 6

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
First, I love that beryl. Such a golden tone!
FWIW, the two warm stones I've had recently just faded when I put them next to yellow gold, and they showed their yellowy goodness next to white gold. Examples used are a cheap .51 ct. yellow diamond off ebay and the N color CBI I just bought. I prefer yellow gold but neither of these stones did. I think they need the contrast.

jewelryjen

Shiny_Rock
FWIW, the two warm stones I've had recently just faded when I put them next to yellow gold, and they showed their yellowy goodness next to white gold. Examples used are a cheap .51 ct. yellow diamond off ebay and the N color CBI I just bought. I prefer yellow gold but neither of these stones did. I think they need the contrast.

Thanks. Oh! Aha. Thank you so much for weighing in! Maybe then, exactly as shown color wise! My only experience with white metal and inexpensive yellow sapphire seemed to drain the stones in my earrings. But they’re a really different shade to this beryl. They’re why I was thinking I needed to lean into the warmth rather than contrast but your thoughts are well taken. Do you have any pics of them?

jewelryjen

Shiny_Rock

Pardon the fog hair! I could weave sweaters from it at the rate my hound sheds!
o_O
Here’s my pretty inexpensive yellow sapphire earrings side by side … and it’s the bezel ones that were making me gun shy of the white metal.
IMG_0464.jpeg

jewelryjen

Shiny_Rock
cat. my hair. Formerly horse hair, I'm there.
I have no photos but I grabbed yellow and white gold jewelry for comparison. Lastly, I put them in my cheap temp rings of each color. Big difference, I see why lovedogs had my diamond set in white gold. Now I get it.

Aww. I had a Kitty for almost 19 years and miss the heck out of her. <3
I need to get some of those cheap temp rings for future decisions.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here! Mr T sneakily phoned the jeweller after we left & asked for the 2.75ctw rather than the 2.5ctw I’d picked. He felt it just had a bit more sparkle presence & wants me to be long term happy, as apparently doesn’t plan to ever buy another one :lol-2:

It’s stunning. I’ve tried it on, just to make sure the length is correct, you understand, but now I can’t get it off! It’s a tricky 2 handed box clasp, so will have to wait for the girls to get home. Completely busted!

Matched F colour, VS1 clarity, 7.25 inches.
Pics don’t do the insane sparkle justice.

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2347.jpeg
    IMG_2347.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 17

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
It’s here! Mr T sneakily phoned the jeweller after we left & asked for the 2.75ctw rather than the 2.5ctw I’d picked. He felt it just had a bit more sparkle presence & wants me to be long term happy, as apparently doesn’t plan to ever buy another one :lol-2:

It’s stunning. I’ve tried it on, just to make sure the length is correct, you understand, but now I can’t get it off! It’s a tricky 2 handed box clasp, so will have to wait for the girls to get home. Completely busted!

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

That has a nice presence!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Should I buy this for myself for Christmas or wait until a big birthday next year? It’s so hard to wait. The IDJ quote for platinum 1.00ctw earth mined diamonds, Price scope quality, scalloped shared prong band in size 7 is $1745.00 + $50.00 shipping = $1795.00.
At Costco it’s $1200.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

Can't see the clasp, it looks nice on you! :kiss2:

Silly Mr. T in thinking he will not be getting you another one - it may not be another TB, however, I am almost certain there will be future bling purchases! :lol-2:

DK :))

tomato

Shiny_Rock
Should I buy this for myself for Christmas or wait until a big birthday next year? It’s so hard to wait. The IDJ quote for platinum 1.00ctw earth mined diamonds, Price scope quality, scalloped shared prong band in size 7 is $1745.00 + $50.00 shipping = $1795.00.
At Costco it’s $1200.
I wouldn’t recommend spending 595 extra dollars that you wouldn’t have to. I’ve been very happy with the quality of Costco diamonds, and the return policy is great.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn’t recommend spending 595 extra dollars that you wouldn’t have to. I’ve been very happy with the quality of Costco diamonds, and the return policy is great.
Just spent a few min outside in different lighting trying to see the difference between my IDJ melee and Costco melee; not sure that I really can!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
At Costco it’s $1200.

I have the 1ct eternity band and love it. I will say that the first one I ordered I could see a little warmth to the stones. It bothered me enough that I purchased a second one, and this one was much whiter to my eye. I just then returned the first one, no problem.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I have the 1ct eternity band and love it. I will say that the first one I ordered I could see a little warmth to the stones. It bothered me enough that I purchased a second one, and this one was much whiter to my eye. I just then returned the first one, no problem.

Just ordered it, so I’ll see!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At Costco it’s $1200.

As long as you can afford it, go for it! What would waiting for a birthday do for you? Enjoy it now!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
At Costco it’s $1200.

I would recommend Costco. My brother bought my sister-in-law the eternity band last year. It is a nice quality ring with very white, sparkly diamonds.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

FABU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a lovely DH you have!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A ruby band I’ve been eyeing went on sale $150 off, so I ordered it. lol The store has 12% off today (code: BLACKFRIDAY):

IMG_6190.jpeg

That is very pretty!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just ordered this from JTV. I am on a quest to have the "rainbow" of gems and still need purple, red and yellow. This will of course be the purple, if it's nice (not too dark) in person. I thought the price looked pretty good which is important since I am back here in jewelry jail again. :lol:

ETA: It is all Autumn in New England's fault, due to this thread that she started:

Mahenge Purple Garnet 11.0x8.3mm Oval 3.85ct​

$385.00

1700366871786.png garnet2.jpg garnet3.jpg

Here it is. It's very dark but lights up nicely. And I liked the price. I do like it but am not sure if the color is typical, or better than or less than typical (considering that it was $400). Wondering if I should keep it or try again, and get a larger one. Also, it says "Mahenge" and I wonder if that differs from purple rhodolite. In other words, does anyone with more experience with purple garnets have any thoughts?

pur gar.jpg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results