shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was considering this because I liked the workmanship of the ring. I usually don't wear yellow gold but this ring spoke to me. I just heard back from the seller when I asked if the stone had any chips, scratches, or cracks. Seller said the stone does have a crack.

I wish sellers would list these fatal flaws, especially on a no return item. :naughty: To replace the stone the bezel would need to be destroyed- and hence the ring. Always ask questions. This is a great reminder of why I stopped buying Ebay items.

s-l500 (28).jpg

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering this because I liked the workmanship of the ring. I usually don't wear yellow gold but this ring spoke to me. I just heard back from the seller when I asked if the stone had any chips, scratches, or cracks. Seller said the stone does have a crack.

I wish sellers would list these fatal flaws, especially on a no return item. :naughty: To replace the stone the bezel would need to be destroyed- and hence the ring. Always ask questions. This is a great reminder of why I stopped buying Ebay items.

s-l500 (28).jpg

:doh:Sheesh.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BED74789-A6E5-483B-9AE5-AFEAEBF33CFA.png 642C1D61-DDC5-4FF1-BD00-1D611F7C8339.png
It’s just got back from the lapidary, the weight is now 2.62 and is it possible it’s more sparkly, or is it just because it’s out the setting?
Looks amazing and this recut looks like it was a good idea. Congratulations! What are the stats on your stone?

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing and this recut looks like it was a good idea. Congratulations! What are the stats on your stone?
Hi @LLJsmom it’s not my stone (yet :whistle:) I’m looking for a nice old cut for my 40th birthday next year. I found this in a pawnshop whilst travelling through Birmingham. Stone has no certs and here was a chip in the girdle. Some nice pricescopers suggested I speak with the vendor, who very graciously without charge to me sent the stone to be polished and on Monday it goes to the British assays office (Anchor cert) for certification where they use GIA master stones to grade. If this does not work out for me I have also contacted the folks at ID jewellery in New York, but I think I’d like to see the stone in person before purchasing and shipping back and forth to the UK would be stressful.

Edit to answer the question: estimated SI clarity JK colour

Readinglady

Rough_Rock
This ring is EXACTLY what i wanted to get engaged with. I mean, THIS IS the exact ring that i had envisioned and dreamt of. So i told DH that i wanted an oval pink sapphire with diamonds etc and he ended up choosing this: bubblegum ring.jpg
While it is a beautiful ring, it is not what i really wished and hoped for. The ring that you posted is THE ring!

The price is under 3k I believe. Maybe you can still get what you want Good luck

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Ok everyone, need opinions on this emerald and diamond ring... What do you think?
Quality? Hard to capture in a photograph, but I tried..... Just under a carat total of diamonds and just under 2 carats of emerald I believe.
What price range do you think is reasonable? IMG_20190901_192523855~2.jpg

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Ok everyone, need opinions on this emerald and diamond ring... What do you think?
Quality? Hard to capture in a photograph, but I tried..... Just under a carat total of diamonds and just under 2 carats of emerald I believe.
What price range do you think is reasonable? IMG_20190901_192523855~2.jpg

@T L what do you think of this one?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@T L what do you think of this one?
Without a lab report, I cannot really comment. The amount and type of treatment, price and inclusions must be considered. I like the tone, but dark emeralds can be tricky to photograph properly. I suspect that photo is gravely inaccurate in terms of true hue. Lighter emeralds are much easier to capture the true beauty in a photo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received my 3 stone with new sides from DKJ yesterday. It looks even more wonderful than it did before - SO white and clean! Replaced the G VS2 and G SI1 side stones with 2 x F VS1. She is one very classy lady. :) Stay tuned for a slight upgrade to the center stone next year!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received my 3 stone with new sides from DKJ yesterday. It looks even more wonderful than it did before - SO white and clean! Replaced the G VS2 and G SI1 side stones with 2 x F VS1. She is one very classy lady. :) Stay tuned for a slight upgrade to the center stone next year!
@mrs-b you will post a few snaps for us won’t you?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b you will post a few snaps for us won’t you?

Honestly, Bon, you wouldn't see any difference. I don't think my photography skills are good enough to capture such tiny changes. Even though it will be ever-so-slightly larger, I don't think it will be visible even when I upgrade the center stone next year either; these upgrades together will cost roughly $18k, but it's something purely for my own enjoyment. To have three F VS1 ACAs totalling 4.5ctw is a dream specific to me and not something a lot of people would care about, I think. But for me - worth it.

On the other hand - I'm not busy today, so will probably take a couple of snaps anyway! :mrgreen: Just don't expect to see any difference! I've also made a little progress on my charm bracelet, so thought I'd post a couple of photos of it, as well. So...photos forthcoming shortly! :wavey:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks positively liquid! Gorgeous!
The pictures they gave are pretty spot on.
It’s not a cheap stone
It’s not super tiny, but not that big.
I love the color zoning
Some lighting, and any bright light, wash it out. But then there’s the other lighting when it’s on that almost make up for it. I can’t decide on how much almost tho.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, so I found just did a little binge on etsy vintage and ordered 5 pieces and I think I will be keeping 2. Thankfully :geek2:
So, here's what I ordered...
1. platinum diamond eternity band...very beautiful but it just doesn't feel luxurious like my BGD ering, so it's going back.
20190910_174910.jpg
2. Platinum heart pendant...I really love this, might wear for my wedding. The diamonds are G and very sparkly I have a white gold chain that works but not sure if I can handle platinum pendant and white gold chain, what do you think? Go with white gold chain or buy a platinum chain? I am open for suggestions.
20190910_175055.jpg
3. Old mine cut diamond cluster with antique chain non removable. it's very pretty and sparkly but not sure yet. 20190910_175852.jpg
4. Gorgeous citrine ring white gold with diamond accents. It's super sparkly, comfortable and I love the hearts in the gallery! Definitely keeping. 20190910_175013.jpg 20190910_175018.jpg
5. Diamond ring wrap...I was so inspired by another PSer, and please forgive me as I cant remember who right now, but she found the most gorgeous ring wrap! I thought this one might work with my great grandmother's ring but it didn't. It's not my size and the only ring that I have that works is a ring from ruby lane that is beautiful but I'm not sure if the stone is real or synthetic, I just really liked it and it was before PS. 20190910_180248.jpg 20190910_180152.jpg 20190910_180155.jpg
And it fits on my pinkie, but that would be a real honker for a pinkie unless I got the rings resized and the wrap really isn't that sparkly. So unfortunately it's going back.
So, keeping platinum heart pendant and citrine ring and returning eternity band, cluster, and wrap. A bling day is the best, thanks for looking and hugs to all.

Attachments

• 20190910_180248.jpg
    20190910_180248.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 41

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone, so I found just did a little binge on etsy vintage and ordered 5 pieces and I think I will be keeping 2. Thankfully :geek2:
So, here's what I ordered...
1. platinum diamond eternity band...very beautiful but it just doesn't feel luxurious like my BGD ering, so it's going back.
20190910_174910.jpg
2. Platinum heart pendant...I really love this, might wear for my wedding. The diamonds are G and very sparkly I have a white gold chain that works but not sure if I can handle platinum pendant and white gold chain, what do you think? Go with white gold chain or buy a platinum chain? I am open for suggestions.
20190910_175055.jpg
3. Old mine cut diamond cluster with antique chain non removable. it's very pretty and sparkly but not sure yet. 20190910_175852.jpg
4. Gorgeous citrine ring white gold with diamond accents. It's super sparkly, comfortable and I love the hearts in the gallery! Definitely keeping. 20190910_175013.jpg 20190910_175018.jpg
5. Diamond ring wrap...I was so inspired by another PSer, and please forgive me as I cant remember who right now, but she found the most gorgeous ring wrap! I thought this one might work with my great grandmother's ring but it didn't. It's not my size and the only ring that I have that works is a ring from ruby lane that is beautiful but I'm not sure if the stone is real or synthetic, I just really liked it and it was before PS. 20190910_180248.jpg 20190910_180152.jpg 20190910_180155.jpg
And it fits on my pinkie, but that would be a real honker for a pinkie unless I got the rings resized and the wrap really isn't that sparkly. So unfortunately it's going back.
So, keeping platinum heart pendant and citrine ring and returning eternity band, cluster, and wrap. A bling day is the best, thanks for looking and hugs to all.

Oh and the family shot 20190910_180032.jpg

Wow!:kiss2: Great finds @bling_dream19 :appl:LOVE them and they look stunning on you. A bling day is the best. Glad you are returning what you don't love and keeping what you do. Sweet finds that platinum heart pendant and citrine ring.:love: I love that old mine cut cluster necklace on you too though but if you aren't feeling it.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Wow!:kiss2: Great finds @bling_dream19 :appl:LOVE them and they look stunning on you. A bling day is the best. Glad you are returning what you don't love and keeping what you do. Sweet finds that platinum heart pendant and citrine ring.:love: I love that old mine cut cluster necklace on you too though but if you aren't feeling it.

Thanks @missy! I'm wearing the old mine cluster today and i am really enjoying it. It just has a good feel to it and last night before bed i didn't want to take it off. So going to think about it over next couple of days. It was $600, what do you think? Citrine ring 200 and platinum pendant 800.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy! I'm wearing the old mine cluster today and i am really enjoying it. It just has a good feel to it and last night before bed i didn't want to take it off. So going to think about it over next couple of days. It was $600, what do you think? Citrine ring 200 and platinum pendant 800.

I think if you love it and will enjoy wearing it you should keep it. $600 seems like a fair price but I am basing that on just seeing it and no stats. I think it is lovely and worth the price. If you love it too.

What metal is the chain and what is the diamond ctw?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I think if you love it and will enjoy wearing it you should keep it. $600 seems like a fair price but I am basing that on just seeing it and no stats. I think it is lovely and worth the price. If you love it too.

What metal is the chain and what is the diamond ctw?

The old mine pendant and chain: .7ctw GH S1 on antique filigree 18 inch chain.
Plat heart: 1.7 ctw G vs1
Thanks for helping @missy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The old mine pendant and chain: .7ctw GH S1 on antique filigree 18 inch chain.
Plat heart: 1.7 ctw G vs1
Thanks for helping @missy

My pleasure @bling_dream19 and I definitely think it is worth it. It is super pretty and if you love it and will enjoy wearing it you should make it yours. I think it's a good price.
:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results