shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been thinking of this Tiffany Paper Flower ring in rose gold. They brought it in for me and I saw it today, I just want to sleep on it. It's for a special occasion - I got a new job and moving to San Diego. I just can't decide whether to get it here before I go, or wait to buy it there. I want it now :kiss2:

IMG_20190527_195352.jpg

Gorgeous :kiss2:
Where do you live now? I'd either buy now or wait depending on whcih place has lower sales tax :cool2:
Congrats on your new job and your move!! Those are such exciting changes :appl:

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous :kiss2:
Where do you live now? I'd either buy now or wait depending on whcih place has lower sales tax :cool2:
Congrats on your new job and your move!! Those are such exciting changes :appl:

***I was thinking the same re: sales tax! GOOD CALL!!!! ; )

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Two blue rings are on the way for me! One is a vintage (would you say 50s?) blue topaz ring, 14kt gold with a sprinkle of diamonds. Super cheap fun ring that I hope will have some good finger presence for $200.

s-l1600.jpg

Second blue ring is from a Japanese ebay seller, not sure what to expect with it. Platinum, .25ctw with a 3 carat aqua. Looks like there might be a little window, we'll see in person. The total was about $410 so I'm considering keeping and swapping out the center stone if I'm underwhelmed, but not sure how hard that would be...

s-l500.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg

Not really worth starting a thread on either but would love anyone's expertise re: the aqua.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Two blue rings are on the way for me! One is a vintage (would you say 50s?) blue topaz ring, 14kt gold with a sprinkle of diamonds. Super cheap fun ring that I hope will have some good finger presence for $200.

s-l1600.jpg

Second blue ring is from a Japanese ebay seller, not sure what to expect with it. Platinum, .25ctw with a 3 carat aqua. Looks like there might be a little window, we'll see in person. The total was about $410 so I'm considering keeping and swapping out the center stone if I'm underwhelmed, but not sure how hard that would be...

s-l500.jpg s-l500 (1).jpg

Not really worth starting a thread on either but would love anyone's expertise re: the aqua.
Both are beautiful!! Can't wait to see hand shots :razz:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My platinum & diamond flower necklace is here :) My first purchase from a luxury reseller in Japan. And I'm very happy with the whole experience.

It took about 5 business days from Japan via FedEx. The necklace is very well packed and came in a nice box.

The necklace itself is so beautiful!! The diamonds are nice & bright (1.3 tcw according to seller). They look well cut and clean under my loupe. The petal design has a little curve to the edge, for a nice 3D effect. And the adjustable chain is convenient.

But.... I feel a bit conflicted as whether I'll keep it, as it is quite a bit bigger than I expected. My fault for not paying closer attention to the measurement.

I wanted this to be an everyday necklace, and I think it's too big & blingy for that (I have a very casual lifestyle, as if you can't tell by the ratty t-shirt in my glam shot, LOL). (sigh) Such a FWP. :wall::wall::wall:

A couple of quick pics.
IMG_20190531_131538169_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190531_133354151.jpg

Edited to add: DH just sent me a msg. We have the Ring doorbell.

"I saw you sign for a small package. Another piece of jewelry I assume?".

Lmao, busted.

Last edited:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think that's a great everyday size!
No RING doorbell for me then! I try to time delivery when Mr isn't home a) cuz he doesn't need to know everything and b) cuz he's prone to opening my pkgs: he's sent me photos of some pretty new arrival crammed on his pinky, "look what just got delivered!"o_O

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My platinum & diamond flower necklace is here :) My first purchase from a luxury reseller in Japan. And I'm very happy with the whole experience.

It took about 5 business days from Japan via FedEx. The necklace is very well packed and came in a nice box.

The necklace itself is so beautiful!! The diamonds are nice & bright (1.3 tcw according to seller). They look well cut and clean under my loupe. The petal design has a little curve to the edge, for a nice 3D effect. And the adjustable chain is convenient.

But.... I feel a bit conflicted as whether I'll keep it, as it is quite a bit bigger than I expected. My fault for not paying closer attention to the measurement.

I wanted this to be an everyday necklace, and I think it's too big & blingy for that (I have a very casual lifestyle, as if you can't tell by the ratty t-shirt in my glam shot, LOL). (sigh) Such a FWP. :wall::wall::wall:

A couple of quick pics.

Lmao, busted.

I love it and think it looks fantastic on you!
No way is it too overstated for casual.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Keep it! You'll get used to the size in no time. :love:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think that's a great everyday size!
No RING doorbell for me then! I try to time delivery when Mr isn't home a) cuz he doesn't need to know everything and b) cuz he's prone to opening my pkgs: he's sent me photos of some pretty new arrival crammed on his pinky, "look what just got delivered!"o_O

I like the size on you as well. It's not too large, but is visible. I think it's a very good size.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto the rest, its the perfect size... might wear it a little lower/longer though?

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
9686_50_18KW_1-product@2x.jpg

I bought an ashoka over memorial day...supposed to be arriving monday I am so excited. Its only a .50 carat but I figure little can go a long ways. :)

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@yssie @EmeraldEmpress I'm in Toronto now. After currency conversion and tax difference, I would save around $150 buying in SD. I will probably wait and buy there. I've run into a few hurdles with my relocation, so I almost don't want to jinx it. Once I make it there and all is good, then I'll treat myself. I'm really excited for it =)2

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock
FEF25A8C-4467-4162-8593-7332DB4580A7.jpeg

I am a long time member but this is my first post. I am anxiously awaiting a recent eBay purchase. Vintage 3.5 carat diamond cluster earrings set in platinum. It is a gift for my wedding anniversary of 35 years. I am planning to wear them to my sons wedding in August. What do you think?

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
FEF25A8C-4467-4162-8593-7332DB4580A7.jpeg

I am a long time member but this is my first post. I am anxiously awaiting a recent eBay purchase. Vintage 3.5 carat diamond cluster earrings set in platinum. It is a gift for my wedding anniversary of 35 years. I am planning to wear them to my sons wedding in August. What do you think?

Lovely! Congratulations on all counts!!!
Wear them in happiness : )

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a little project I have going for myself and my little sister!

61311173_374852493142814_5111872811593367552_n.jpg

Lotus jade earrings. Now the Lil Sis wants a pair too! Got to hunt for them! Not easy to find! We can share but we have shared things in the past that I haven't ever seen again once she takes off with them:P2

61439946_603047783508950_974064326073647104_n.jpg

61073701_1141997616000846_5735571830421323776_n.jpg

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair that's my seller too! I'm a little disappointed the listing was so sparse for my ring, but I hope I like it when it arrives. I'm surprised yours came so fast!

@MaddieSue Welcome! I'd say when you get it, inspect the diamonds to see if they're eye clean and the piece seems well-made and put together. My other suggestion is that since they look pretty substantial is to see how heavy they are--if they're more than 8 grams each, you may find them uncomfortable to wear. You don't want to get tired of wearing them and take them off during the reception!

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock
Lovely! Congratulations on all counts!!!
Wear them in happiness : )

Thank you so much. I am both excited and nervous, as they have not arrived yet. Hoping that they will be all that I am looking for.

It has been difficult to find the look I want within my budget. As always my taste and budget are not in sync...

This is my first experience with this seller. Maybe someone has shopped with them? https://www.ebay.com/usr/ijeb-estatediamonds?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

They are scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Wish me luck

Last edited:

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock
@GlitterInMyHair that's my seller too! I'm a little disappointed the listing was so sparse for my ring, but I hope I like it when it arrives. I'm surprised yours came so fast!

@MaddieSue Welcome! I'd say when you get it, inspect the diamonds to see if they're eye clean and the piece seems well-made and put together. My other suggestion is that since they look pretty substantial is to see how heavy they are--if they're more than 8 grams each, you may find them uncomfortable to wear. You don't want to get tired of wearing them and take them off during the reception!

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your warm welcome and valuable input. The listing states that the earrings weigh 15.2 grams in total. So just under 8 grams per earring. I generally have not had difficulty tolerating heavy earrings in the past, but it’s certainly something important to consider. If I like them, it gives me a good excuse to wear them all day to find out.

They are listed F/G color and VS/SI in clarity. It all remains to be seen when they arrive. Again, if I like them I fully intend to run out and get an appraisal to make sure I wasn’t totally ripped off. I don’t think I’ve ever spent this much in a piece of jewelry...so I’m quite nervous.

I am aware that most members here are much more knowledgeable than I, and likely more demanding of quality. I am just hoping they are pretty and sparkly to my eye...lol. And not a total ripoff. Anyway an appraisal within the return window should keep me safe.

I’m wondering if you think it is a good deal if they are as presented. I paid $1870 plus tax and shipping, so just over $2000. I’ve been shopping all around for a little while (including a recent cruise). Prices have been all over the place

Any help within the return window would be greatly appreciated!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@MaddieSue I'm not a diamond expert, just a newbie fan, so take my perspective with a grain of salt. Looking at value comes from a few places for me. A) the ease of reselling it and getting what I paid (market value/liquidity), B) the cost of the raw materials and c) the cost of getting something like that made today.

For a) I'd say these would likely be a bit more difficult to resell because it's not a very modern/contemporary style and they're for a formal/evening occasion, which I would think would sit for longer than if it were a pair of more everyday earrings.

B & C) I think it would definitely be much more than you paid to have them re-created. The closest comp I found was from IDJ for $1250, but these are half the carat weight and in 18k gold: https://idjewelry.com/1-50ct-diamon...ngs-f-si-in-18k-white-gold-1-inch-017568.html So even doubling the carat weight would be less than what you paid!

So I'd say as long as you love them and aren't looking to turn around and sell them, you should enjoy them!

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought it on eBay from komehyo :)

I'm already looking at another piece from them, lol.

Oh no, now I'm in trouble too! I found so many pieces I like. I think I'll have to unleash my boyfriend on the list for Christmas. :P2 The prices are pretty good. Are we use everything is authentic?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, now I'm in trouble too! I found so many pieces I like. I think I'll have to unleash my boyfriend on the list for Christmas. :P2 The prices are pretty good. Are we use everything is authentic?

My necklace is stamped "Pt 900 1.34" on the back of the bail to indicate platinum & the carat weight. It feels weighty and substantial for its size. So I feel pretty confident it is as stated.

I do plan to get it appraised later this week. You can always do the same with your purchase and return it if it doesn't check out.

I hope this helps :)

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock

A couple of quick pics.

Lmao, busted.

A couple of quick pics.

Lmao, busted.

This is stunning. It is the perfect size for everyday wear. Sophisticated and stylish. Congratulations! Enjoy!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your warm welcome and valuable input. The listing states that the earrings weigh 15.2 grams in total. So just under 8 grams per earring. I generally have not had difficulty tolerating heavy earrings in the past, but it’s certainly something important to consider. If I like them, it gives me a good excuse to wear them all day to find out.

They are listed F/G color and VS/SI in clarity. It all remains to be seen when they arrive. Again, if I like them I fully intend to run out and get an appraisal to make sure I wasn’t totally ripped off. I don’t think I’ve ever spent this much in a piece of jewelry...so I’m quite nervous.

I am aware that most members here are much more knowledgeable than I, and likely more demanding of quality. I am just hoping they are pretty and sparkly to my eye...lol. And not a total ripoff. Anyway an appraisal within the return window should keep me safe.

I’m wondering if you think it is a good deal if they are as presented. I paid $1870 plus tax and shipping, so just over $2000. I’ve been shopping all around for a little while (including a recent cruise). Prices have been all over the place

Any help within the return window would be greatly appreciated!

I think you paid a fair price/got a good deal for that set. The diamonds are good quality per the description and well over 3 carats. I say thumbs up!!! Are they vintage simply in style, are they a reproduction? Or are they actual vintage, if so do you know the period?

FlashyFlamingo

Shiny_Rock
I was scrolling through Instagram at 4AM unable to fall asleep and saw this ring. I had to have it. I know absolutely nothing about chrysoprase, but it just looked so juicy. As luck would have it, it’s already my size. Needless to say, it’s on the way.
8A14F705-54C5-4522-A895-BBCA30C0DC3B.jpeg 432C81FA-AAD8-4821-85C3-257291556669.jpeg
This ring finally arrived all the way from Denmark. It’s very pretty, but smaller than I expected. The seller (oldmine_jewelry) was nice to work with and occasionally gets some interesting stuff.
E734E557-7EFE-4042-B5A0-539C0E7F6FE5.jpeg

MaddieSue

Rough_Rock
I think you paid a fair price/got a good deal for that set. The diamonds are good quality per the description and well over 3 carats. I say thumbs up!!! Are they vintage simply in style, are they a reproduction? Or are they actual vintage, if so do you know the period?

They are not reproduction. The listing describes the earrings as estate, of the “retro” period. I’m not sure but I believe that means 1940s 1950s. I don’t know if there is any way to verify that through appraisal, or if it makes a difference in value.

However I have been fortunate to inherit diamond and platinum pieces passed down from my grandmother, then to mom, and now me. I’m not really sure of the quality or value of the pieces, but they are priceless to me. I wanted earrings to compliment these pieces, and I’m hoping these earrings will complete the look, and become my go to earrings for formal affairs.

They are scheduled to be delivered today....

So nervous/excited

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results