shape
carat
color
clarity

Your kind expert opinion? Four loose princess diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 6:27:47 PM
Author: vchao
Thanks for your input! What do you think of the shape of the tables on #2 and #5? You can see that one is more square and the other is more hexagonal. Does it make a difference?

Also, I'm still curious about the completely different ASET image of #1. Notice the cut lines? I wonder why it looks so different and how it affects the quality!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Chao
As the guys said, these aren't top performing Princess - but we know that and I believe you do too. So it depends on whether you are happy with maybe attractive commercial quality cuts or whether you want to shoot for the best cut you can get. If the former then one of the above might work, if the latter then look for AGS0 cut grade from a store that carries them, or hand selected GIA Princess or AGS0 from a trusted online vendor.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Lorelei et al...5 looks to be the best of the bunch, and 2 is also a little more promising than the others. However, neither of those are top performers, and I would strongly consider buying online to get the best cut you can get. IMO, it''s important to find the best cut quality you can in a princess, especially because the majority of princesses have a lot of leakage and don''t sparkle like a well-cut round. However, the best cut princesses will give round diamonds a run for their money.

I''d think about this diamond, which seems to meet your goals for size, color, clarity, and budget based on your other options:
WF 2.087 G/SI1 - good size, ASET isn''t bad, and diamond made AGS0!

Are you willing to sacrifice a bit of size to get the best cut possible while staying in budget? If so, I''d look into these diamonds:
GOG 1.73 I/VS2
WF 1.6 G/SI1 ACA
Infinity 1.87 H/SI1

Of course check if the SI1s are eye-clean.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results