shape
carat
color
clarity

Your honest opinions please (centerpieces)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I love the concept but not the execution so much (first pic). I want to do branchy centerpieces for my wedding also.

Here's one of my inspiration pics. Its really huge but I'm sure it can be modified. If you use inexpensive flowers I'm sure you can make a really lush base.

ETA: I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but the centerpiece has the branches in one big vase, with little vases of flowers surrounding it. It's one way to keep everything from looking all jammed together.

branchandcandle centerpiece.jpg

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
The bouquet is nice but I do not like the contrasting bright colors, it really takes away from the beauty of it.

I do not like the centerpiece because:

-hydrangea does not really match well with the branches
-it should be more free-form rather than structured. More ''loose''.
-the springy colors of the flowers do not match at all with the branches. the branches are very autumnal to me so i would pair them with some cherry blossoms or some bright fall colored flowers...but composing them in a way that is not so......arranged.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... after a week of looking. Are these better?

White and green orchids spraying out like that. Orange roses.

Perfect CenterpiecesGYPSY.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I like that a lot better than the original. Here is another one I saw that made me think of your dilemma. This one is all white/green, but I think the same idea would work well in color, too.

picforgypsy.JPG

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I do like the one enbcfsobe posted! But both of the recent ones are a lot more balanced-looking than the first. Also, they don''t look like they''d block your guests from being able to see each other, which the first one did.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh.. I like that one too En! Will have to show that to the florist. Thank you!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy --

Here is a picture from our reception that shows some of our tall centerpieces. Our venue had seriously high ceilings, so I had to do some tall centerpieces (plus some short ones or else I would have gone broke!
2.gif
).

tallcenterp3.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Turtledazzle, that''s another great centerpiece.

Gypsy, just thought I''d interrupt to tell you there''s a Gypsy thread in the Jewelry forum: Gypsy

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I like the new centerpiece you posted so much more than the old one. It is definitely more balanced.

enbcfsobe, I LOVE that centerpiece! P.S. Your kitty looks like my kitten will when he''s a little older (he''s only 5.5 months right now).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Turtledazzle those are perfect!! I love them. I''m sending that pic to my florist. If nothing else It confirms what I told her earlier which was that I wanted baregrass added into the arrangements with the branches!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 9:37:12 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Turtledazzle, that''s another great centerpiece.

Gypsy, just thought I''d interrupt to tell you there''s a Gypsy thread in the Jewelry forum: Gypsy
Thank you for the heads up CrownJ... I''ve been really wedding absorbed!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 5:28:03 PM
Author: Gypsy

I really LOVE the idea of orange roses with green (and white) orchids... I think it would look absolutely stunning!

Here is a quick photoshop of your original with your flowers... had I seen this thread a week ago I would have done it then. (With your color scheme in there it flows better with the branches but I really like the idea of the spray of orchids in this new pic you posted) So, being late it may not matter in the least but here it is anyway
20.gif

gypsys_centerpieces.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 10:48:13 PM
Author: sera

I really LOVE the idea of orange roses with green (and white) orchids... I think it would look absolutely stunning!

Here is a quick photoshop of your original with your flowers... had I seen this thread a week ago I would have done it then. (With your color scheme in there it flows better with the branches but I really like the idea of the spray of orchids in this new pic you posted) So, being late it may not matter in the least but here it is anyway
20.gif
That was incredible Sera!

I actually really love them now that I can see the way they'd look!!!

Thank you so much!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the colors in you boquet.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
And I love Sera's photoshop for the table arrangements!
9.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 10:54:29 PM

Date: 2/11/2008 10:48:13 PM
Author: sera

20.gif
That was incredible Sera!

I actually really love them now that I can see the way they's look!!!

Thank you so much!
YW :)

ETA: Even though it was a quick photoshop, I should've rotated the bouquets... the duplicates are buggin me!
17.gif

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Not sure what kind of budget you''re on Gypsy and don''t want to rain on your parade......

I''m getting married in May and wanted an all peony bouquet and orchids in my centerpieces. While I''m getting my dream bouquet (my dear mother insists the bride carry what she''s always wanted
1.gif
) I could not, in good conscience also get the orchids. My florist, who works out of her home and has access to anything.... orchids are $150..... A STEM. And well, with 25 tables.... NOT going to fly.

Again, not sure what kind of budget you''re on or when you''re getting married.... don''t think they''d go down that much for another time of year... but thought I''d warn you just the same to not get your hopes up if it''s not a possibility!

P.S. She suggested a soft light pink stargazer lilly that has the same "look"

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nevaeh... It depends on the stem and type of orchid.

But with the cymbidiums (the green ones shown the bouquet) they don't cost that much a stem, and you get several (around 10-12) blooms per stem. So actually they go a long way. As for pricing:

http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Green-Cymbidium-Orchids_494.htm if it's cymbidiums your florist is talking about, give her this link. Their pricing is better than hers.

I will be having one or two stems of those... for my bouquet, the bout, my BM bouquet and for the cake topper flowers. That's the only place cymbidiums are going to be used. My bouguet come in at about 150, my BM bouquet about 70, and so forth. So it's doable.

The rest (in the centerpieces) will be dendrobiums like these : http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/Green-Stripped-White-Orchid-Flower-Dendrobiums_134.htm which are actually quite cost effective. And either more dendrobiums in orange or mokaras like these : http://www.fiftyflowers.com/product/McKenny-Orange-Mokara-Orchids_136.htm

In college and lawschool I worked as a florist. And for years my family owned a flower shop. So, you're not bursting any bubbles. No worries!

For the first centerpieces I posted on this page I would do the dedrobiums and the mokara orchids and some bare grass (long grasss coming out of turtle's arangements) with some orange and green roses, or ranunculus in orange and white, or dalias in orange and white... or a combination of them. It won't be too bad.

Plus I'm considering (and have been for a while) doing half high and half low arrangements like Turtle did. But I found 12 nice 30 inch tall vases for 160 dollars, so it's workable for all of them. I'm providing the vases myself.
2.gif
Oh, and I only need a max of 10 centerpieces.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I really like the most recent ones. I hope your florist can make it happen.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I dont knwo what the rest of your venue is like but I am not a fan of the green twig things coming out of the vases. It might work it your place has an earthy kind of eerir them to it (if that makes sense)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like the ones that Sap posted and the one you posted. I like the green and white orchids but not sure about roses. I think the roses would be too tight and would just stick with looser flowers. I love the colors of your bouquet though.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy,

Here''s another visual for you with the curly willow branches. It''s the one the sap posted (those were ours from our chicago reception) along with the centerpiece on our bridal table. I personally love curly willow in arrangements. Makes a bold statement. I love it so much I have large dried arrangement in my kitchen! :) We definitely needed large centerpieces because we had such a huge space. I think you have to take that into consideration as well. You don''t want to overpower the space.

I really like the brown branches instead of the green. I think it would look beautiful with your colors. And I definitely agree that it works better with a slightly ''looser'' arrangement.

stemschicago-3.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock

I love the centerpieces that goldenstar and enbcfsobe posted. Gorgeous!!

Here is another idea. This is from the same florist that did mine.

stems-6.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2008 10:13:59 PM
Turtledazzle those are perfect!! I love them. I''m sending that pic to my florist. If nothing else It confirms what I told her earlier which was that I wanted baregrass added into the arrangements with the branches!
Glad you like them -- I thought I''d post since you mentioned using hydrangeas earlier. You have such floral knowledge, I''m sure whatever you choose will be beautiful. Me, on the other hand, well ... really didn''t know much about flowers until I planned a wedding. Even then, I basically gave my florist a budget and told her pinks and greens and let her do her thing. I liked all of her albums, and she had done a friend''s wedding a couple of years prior, so I trusted her.

The bottoms of my tall centerpieces are filled with pebbles/stones -- I liked that touch, as well as the baregrass.

I am soooo happy for you -- you''re finally getting to plan YOUR wedding. I do hope you''re enjoying it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love all the new pics too!

I can''t wait to have this settled.

Our venue is large, has monsterously high ceilings, and is B-L-A-N-D as heck. So I definitely need both height AND color. So the fuller arrangements iwth the orchids provide the punch of color I need up high, whereas the branches with the flowers wired on are a) labor intesive and b) not colorful enough.

I really love the branches too Turtle. I''m definitely going to have some of them, it''s a personal preference I think. I like the way the branches in the two new pics are looser and less prominent. I actually wrote in my email to the florists that I thought less branches per arrangement would be preferable. (and cheaper!).

Thank you all for the inspiration pics. I''m meeting with one of the florists on Saturday.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Portia, I hope you don''t mind my posting your picture. I couldn''t remember whose it was. I had saved it when you posted it earlier in my inspiration folder, I really loved it! I actually ended up sending it to my florist when I was trying to describe a style I liked. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
sap, I don''t mind at all! I''m so glad it can be someone else''s inspiration.
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like what sera posted the best.

Golden, That is the same inspiration pic I used for our head table center pieces. If you want to see my variation my thread is on here somewhere. The hanging votives were so cool IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results