shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite women's fragrances?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear Kai. I have both the EDP and the Oil which is a roll on. And the Oil is MUCH lovelier and I greatly prefer it. As for why I love it, I was walking through the rainforest in Hawaii and there were some flowers blooming and it smelled amazing. Then later I walked by this perfume oil and... it was the same smell!! I love it. It's got gardenia and "exotic florals' and it smells like the tropics to me. The EDP is nothing special at all. So don't waste money on it.

I also have: Michael Kors. Which has a tuberose and fresia. Which I adore.

Issey Miyake 'L'Eau d'Issey' is another I own. It's very clean and lightly floral with lotus, cyclamen, freesia

I very much love floral perfumes. But not 'standard' ones.

OneFifty

Shiny_Rock
I always wear Ralph Lauren Blue, but I wish I was adventurous enough to try something new. This thread has given me some ideas. I love that you can order samples to try. Thanks for the tip Missy.

Autumn - I bought my last bottle of Blue at Ulta. I think I would cry if it was discontinued.

TIOR

Rough_Rock
My absolute favourite is Issey Miyake's L'eau D'Issey.

I never tire of it.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
missy|1353167395|3308742 said:
rosetta|1353164135|3308702 said:
I like Creed, esp love in White.

Missy, I LOVE vanilla fragrances, Im so going to try out the ones you recommended. :))

I hope you love them Rosetta! There are so many good vanilla perfumes. A few others you might want to try if you have not already (and LuckyScent does sell samples so it's a great way to wear it for a few days and decide what you think) are

Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Guerlain's Jicky & Cuir Beluga
Parfumerie Generale's Felanilla 21 & Aomassai 10
Le Labo's Vanille 44
Martine Micallef's Vanille Aoud
L'Artisan Parfumeur's Havana Vanille
Profumum's Acqua e Zucchero
Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
Diptyque's Eau Duelle
L'Occitane's Eau des Baux

The last 2 are inexpensive and nice. And ofc you already mentioned Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (love that one!).

Missy, if youre still reading this:

Do you know if the micallef vanilla aloud is like her note vanillee (which has been discontinued but I loved it!)

Plus thanks for your recommendation of Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille, which I also love :love:

I wonder if you have tried these two vanilla perfumes?

Lostmar'ch Lann Ael

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

I really like these two!

Also, do you have any non-vanilla fragrances to recommend? I'm not into florals but like more gourmand scents. I am looking for a really "clean" perfume for summer as well. Kinda like fresh laundry without smelling like detergent? Does that make any sense???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1353976250|3316054 said:
missy|1353167395|3308742 said:
rosetta|1353164135|3308702 said:
I like Creed, esp love in White.

Missy, I LOVE vanilla fragrances, Im so going to try out the ones you recommended. :))

I hope you love them Rosetta! There are so many good vanilla perfumes. A few others you might want to try if you have not already (and LuckyScent does sell samples so it's a great way to wear it for a few days and decide what you think) are

Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Guerlain's Jicky & Cuir Beluga
Parfumerie Generale's Felanilla 21 & Aomassai 10
Le Labo's Vanille 44
Martine Micallef's Vanille Aoud
L'Artisan Parfumeur's Havana Vanille
Profumum's Acqua e Zucchero
Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
Diptyque's Eau Duelle
L'Occitane's Eau des Baux

The last 2 are inexpensive and nice. And ofc you already mentioned Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (love that one!).

Missy, if youre still reading this:

Do you know if the micallef vanilla aloud is like her note vanillee (which has been discontinued but I loved it!)

Plus thanks for your recommendation of Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille, which I also love :love:

I wonder if you have tried these two vanilla perfumes?

Lostmar'ch Lann Ael

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

I really like these two!

Also, do you have any non-vanilla fragrances to recommend? I'm not into florals but like more gourmand scents. I am looking for a really "clean" perfume for summer as well. Kinda like fresh laundry without smelling like detergent? Does that make any sense???

Hi Rosetta, I also love M. Micallef's note vanille and I think (fingers crossed) it may be reintroduced at some point...just not sure when.
The Vanille Aoud is spicier and more caramelly and so not too similar unfortunately.

I also love Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille- it's delicious and I am not usually a big fan of coconut but it works here!
I never tried Lostmar'ch Lann Ael- but if you love it I am going to put it on my to try list!

As for clean and fresh scents I get what you mean. There are a few I can recommend but def try a sample to see if it works with your body chemistry because it can vary a lot depending on the wearer.

One of my favorite non vanilla scents is Green Irish Tweed (Creed) and that feels fresh to me (but not all that light). I think it smells great on a man or woman. YSL Live Jazz- another "masculine" scent but I think it can be unisex as well. Mediterraneo by Carthusia is one I really enjoy as well- fresh, citrusy and good longevity. Love and Tears by Kilian is like freshly shampooed hair- and it's centered around jasmine so if you like that it might be right up your alley.
Eau Parfumee au the Blanc by Bulgari is a light skin scent. Summery and contains white tea and musk.

On a vanilla note I forgot to mention another one of my favorite vanilla perfumes- Profumum Vanitas- it contains (besides vanilla) myrrh, sandalwood, and orange and is really lovely. But only for vanilla lovers!

Hope you find one that you love Rosetta!

ETA: Just want to add that I only own FB's of GIT (it's my dh's but I wear it occasionally) and Mediterraneo and Love and Tears of the scents I am recommending. I have sampled the others but do not own FB's of them because I am mainly a vanilla fan more than anything and I dislike florals in general though some of these might have some floral notes in them. So just wanted to make sure that you know I am not recommending these as highly as the vanilla perfumes I recommended mainly because I am not as familiar with them as I am the others. In any case have fun sampling!! I am looking forward to receiving my sample purchases soon I hope!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much missy, I will definitely add these to my sample list.

I have dry skin too btw, it completely sucks up any scent and I never get good sillage ugh! :nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosetta, you're very welcome- I love perfume talk and I am going to try your recommendation too!

I moisturize with unscented lotion right out of the shower and it helps with the fragrance not being eaten up so quickly. Others like to layer scents with perfumed lotions etc to make their perfume last longer but I'm a purist and want my perfume to be the only scent I wear if that makes sense. I moisturize my body with Eucerin original moisturizing creme after my shower. But yeah, dry skin really eats up the fragrance. :knockout:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is a topic right up my alley! Ive just started getting into perfume collecting this year.

I was in San Francisco in the summer and was on a fragrance buying mission! i was after full size bottles, though from now on ill stick to decants, as i dont think ive found my 'signature' scent yet. That said, i love love lvoe Chanel's Bois Des Iles (sugarski you have excellent taste!)and Coromandel (and Cuir de Russie as it were!). The Chanel exclusifs line is beautiful...

And Missy, i love cuir beluga, especially with a bit of chypre fatale - alas they only come in those blasted 200ml bottles so they werent for me. I got some samples though and will be looking for decants soon. And Amber Narguile is beautiful too, my lovely SA at Hermes gave me a sample and im scared to use it all its so nice!!

I also love Portrait of a lady by Malle and A La Nuit by Lutens. I havent tried much Creed (except the mens) so id like to do that sooner or later too.

There was one i loved by Diptique too, what was it, No 34 or something? it was the number of their boutique i thought...

And i have a soft spot for the original prada perfume, my SO bought it for me when we first started dating and it suited me to a tee (and gosh knows when i opened it i was worried!!)

I love how perfumes link so strongly to memory, it makes them so special...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1354027275|3316411 said:
Aah, I will try unscented cream.

You may have seen this before but here is a piece about all things vanilla:

http://perfumeposse.com/2012/10/01/vanilla-perfume-guide-to-the-best-vanilla-perfumes-2/

I love the way she calls note vanillee a "skanky vanilla" :lol:

What's wrong with that? ;)) :cheeky:

LOL-all I can say is oui, oui, oui! Love that article. She's funny! Thanks for linking it Rosetta- I hadn't seen it before.
I don't agree with all of what she has to say but I do agree with a lot of her points.
(However, Creed Sublime Vanille is truly non existent in fragrance. Not just on me but others as well so buyer beware there I say).

Thanks Rosetta! (and btw, there's nothing wrong with a little skank if you kwim- nothing at all :cheeky: )

ETA: Blackpaw, please do not be afraid to use your ambre narguile. It's too delicious to keep in it's bottle (sample or not) and this is the perfect time of year to be spraying it with abandon!! Autumn screams for some ambre narguile IMO. :cheeky: It's definitely FB worthy I think. :bigsmile:
(You're right about the diptyque perfume- it's called diptyque 34 boulevard saint germain)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm bumping this up. Thanks to you missy, I now have a Christmas wish list as long as my arm!! Got googling like mad and ordered a bunch of samples, with more coming:

I tested the samples and am eagerly awaiting bottles of the following:

Farmacia SS annunziata vanigla de mad

Profumum Roma acqua de zucchero

Donna Karen black cashmere

Hermes vetiver tonka

Guerlian tonka imperiale

Tom ford tobacco vanille

I have already bought:

Acqua di Parma blu med di sicilia

Victor and Rolf flower bomb

Hypnotic poion

Serge Lutens Un Bois de vanille

And the hugely expensive and unbelievably exquisite Guerlian spiriteuese double vanille!!

Gah! :errrr:

My bank account now has tumbleweed only in it.

Thankyouverymuchindeed PS perfumistas!

Love,

A new addict

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you found some of the perfumes to be bottle worthy-very excited for you Rosetta! It can be a real addiction but it's so heavenly. Happy holidays and happy smelling! :appl: :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1355304696|3329196 said:
I'm glad you found some of the perfumes to be bottle worthy-very excited for you Rosetta! It can be a real addiction but it's so heavenly. Happy holidays and happy smelling! :appl: :wavey:

This!

cheers--Sharon

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1355324877|3329332 said:

This!

cheers--Sharon

Girls, I'm gonna be the best smellin' thing this Christmas. The turkey's got nothing on me! :cheeky:

Happy holidays! :wavey:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i only wear one fragrance - happy by clinique. I wish i could branch out, but most scents give me a headache and/or make me queasy. This one seems to work with my body chemistry well and never makes me feel sick. I also like vanilla scents if they are really light.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I fell in love with Amarige by Givenchy when I was too young to wear it. I was delighted to get my hands on the limited edition Amarige d'amour which was a lighter summer style and wore that during my teens. For the last couple of years I have been wearing the original and absolutely love it.

Quite often I'll get people sniffing me and commenting on how good I smell :D . I'm very happy that people seem to like it because it is quite intense with strong sillage. Not exactly for the faint hearted it is like a huge bouquet of flowers on a warm base, so very feminine.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1355326469|3329350 said:
canuk-gal|1355324877|3329332 said:

This!

cheers--Sharon

Girls, I'm gonna be the best smellin' thing this Christmas. The turkey's got nothing on me! :cheeky:

Happy holidays! :wavey:

:wavey: :bigsmile: hheeeehheee

I intend to wear perfume to bed in order to use up the stuff I have around--I need some new scents!!!!

Happy Holidays to you--across the km's!

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
New favorite - JAR's Diamond Water. Just got a bottle, and, yum. Almost pure carnation/clove, with a little hint of leather. Not my usual thing, but absolutely addictive.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Coco Chanel but the sad thing as after having my boys I can no longer wear perfume; it makes me sick. boo! ;(

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1358115859|3354832 said:
I like Coco Chanel but the sad thing as after having my boys I can no longer wear perfume; it makes me sick. boo! ;(

Skippy, Coco is quite a strong scent, have you tried something lighter? I recommend sampling the Hermessence line from Hermes: lighter scents and a nice variety to choose from. I like the comforting Ambre Narguile. Honey, apple and cinnamon. Or try Vetiver Tonka.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1358106404|3354712 said:
New favorite - JAR's Diamond Water. Just got a bottle, and, yum. Almost pure carnation/clove, with a little hint of leather. Not my usual thing, but absolutely addictive.

That sounds interesting! I haven't really tested the JAR line yet.

Recent purchases for me: Creed Jardin d'Amalfi. Refreshing and beautiful. And Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, which is just deep, vanilla tobacco goodness with amazing longevity.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1358106404|3354712 said:

ooh, sounds intriguing! I am going to put this on my to try list, thanks Circe!

rosetta said:
Skippy|1358115859|3354832 said:

Skippy, Coco is quite a strong scent, have you tried something lighter? I recommend sampling the Hermessence line from Hermes: lighter scents and a nice variety to choose from. I like the comforting Ambre Narguile. Honey, apple and cinnamon. Or try Vetiver Tonka.

I agree with rosetta. These perfumes are airy and light and just so beautiful. Get a sample and see what you think. Much easier to take than Coco Chanel (which is lovely in its own right but quite heavy IMO and I cannot wear it personally either).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results