shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite women's fragrances?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I love fragrances.

What are your favorite & least women's fragrances and why?

I love Green Tea (Elizabeth Arden) and Diptyque Philosykos (woodsy fig scent). I used to love Lauren but am now finding it can be a little bit heavy.

Least favorites (they truly make me feel sick) - Angel & Chanel No. 5.

You?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
My all time favorite is Donna Karan Black Cashmere ... but I use it so sparingly now because it's discontinued and costs an arm and a leg... if you can even find it. If anyone knows of a good replacement, I'd love to hear about it!

I also like Chopard Madness, Bvlgari Black, Narciso Rodriguez Intense, Hermes Rouge. I'm always on the hunt for a new perfume.

Perfume I hate(and have) but gets tons of compliments on, Pink Sugar. It's sickenly sweet but I sometimes wear it to the gym because it's happy and I hate to throw things out.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Ange Ou Demon by Givenchy
Silly, but the original Britney Spears perfume
Miranda by Fragonard

I love perfume. I always buy myself something nice at duty free when I go on a trip, an extra holiday treat. I used to be bad about 'saving them' but learned my lesson when they kept going off before I used them all. Now I wear them every day. :))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and one of DKNY's Be Delicious perfumes: Sweet Delicious Pink Macaroon. Smells as good as it sounds. :lickout:

I gravitate towards very fruity, sweet scents. I don't like musks or most floral scents. Mom always told me growing up, "Who wants to smell like a mango?" and I would retort, "Because smelling like a funeral parlour is so much better!" :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love Tihota (no longer made sadly). It smells like heaven to me- it is a gourmet scent but not too sweet. It's a perfect vanilla scent. I do mean perfect. :love:

I also love Vaniglia del Madagascar by farmacia ss annunziata- it is an amazing warm vanilla with subtle citrus. It is delicious!

And my go to scent these days is Hermessence Vetiver Tonka by Hermes. Really light, refreshing and sophisticated. Dry, smoky,sweet and nutty. It is a unisex scent btw. My dh won't wear it but he does love it on me.

ETA: I hate many perfumes because they smell too chemically, fake or sweet. Most drugstore brands I cannot tolerate and they give me a headache. I have found the best perfumes are not easily available in the stores for some reason. Perhaps it is because I am in the USA. I buy most of my perfume from LuckyScent. With the exception of the Vetiver Tonka which we get at the Hermes store in NYC.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As I read this list, I realize I am totally out of it when it comes to perfume!! :D I love Coco Chanel and Fendi. Husband went to Macy's right before our 10th anniversary and smelled a bunch of perfumes. He choose the Coco Chanel for me and it was soo sweet! I've never been much for perfume, I like it but am happy wearing the same scent forever. Hubs finally drug me to the store and I fell in love with Fendi. So now I have two to choose from! :D I love them both. :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I like Ralph Lauren Romance and Poppy by Coach. I always forget to wear them though.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I like Creed, esp love in White.

Missy, I LOVE vanilla fragrances, Im so going to try out the ones you recommended. :))

NTave

Shiny_Rock
My very favorite is Michael Kors Island. Its discontinued but I still have a bottle. I also wear Lily Pulitzer Squeeze, Gucci II, and Im planning on purchasing Versace Yellow Diamonds if it doesn't come in my stocking:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1353164135|3308702 said:
I like Creed, esp love in White.

Missy, I LOVE vanilla fragrances, Im so going to try out the ones you recommended. :))

I hope you love them Rosetta! There are so many good vanilla perfumes. A few others you might want to try if you have not already (and LuckyScent does sell samples so it's a great way to wear it for a few days and decide what you think) are

Guerlain's Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Guerlain's Jicky & Cuir Beluga
Parfumerie Generale's Felanilla 21 & Aomassai 10
Le Labo's Vanille 44
Martine Micallef's Vanille Aoud
L'Artisan Parfumeur's Havana Vanille
Profumum's Acqua e Zucchero
Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
Diptyque's Eau Duelle
L'Occitane's Eau des Baux

The last 2 are inexpensive and nice. And ofc you already mentioned Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (love that one!).

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Thank you so much for this list missy, I will certainly try out the samples! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite of all time is Armani Code. It is SUCH a man magnet, I've literally had guys stop me to ask what it is so they could buy it for their girlfriend/wife. It smells heavenly and the best part is that the scent really lasts. The bottle is gorgeous too.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The one that smells best on me - - and I get strangers asking me what I'm wearing - - is Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder. It's just something about my chemistry that makes this one perfect on me. It becomes a very warm, comforting, and kind of sexy scent after it's been on awhile. It calms down quickly, and doesn't hover around me as a cloud.

I like the scents that have a 'warmth' to them, on me, rather than 'cool' tones. I'm always searching for a new one, and I get disappointed all the time. So many of them can be too sweet, too vanilla, or too intense.

My husband actually prefers lighter, less warm scents on me, like Amazing Grace from Philosophy. It's okay in the summer, but I want something with more oomph the rest of the year. So it's usually Pure White Linen for me.

Thoughout the years, I have been: a Charlie girl, a Chloe gal, obsessed with Obsession, raptured by Raffine, and a Realities devotee. And later I was hooked on Beautiful. But I would consider most of those two sweet or strong now. But even then, I liked warm fragrances.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm not much of a perfume gal, but was given the Eclat D'Arpege by Lanvin as a gift, and fell in love with it. It's fairly light and non intrusive, but sensual, I think. My DH loves it on me and reminds me periodically to wear it ::)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have any of you ever noticed how scents change over time as you wear them? There are so many perfumes that I love in the store, and 20 minutes later, only one or two elements of the complex scent remain - yuck! For me, the scents that predominate over time are a musky smell and vanilla notes. Although I've loved many perfumes, the ones that still smell good (and I still recognize it) on me over time are Molinard by Molinard (reminds me a little of Christmas) and Lauren. Unfortunately, Molinard has been discontinued... :(sad

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My very favorite is Stella by Stella McCartney - I first tried the Stella eau de parfum roll-on from Sephora a few years ago, and was hooked - the fragrance is perfect on me and works all year round. Every so often I try something new but either I am disappointed in the new fragrance or DH doesn't care for it (and I definitely want DH on board with my fragrance choices).

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Ms P|1353154110|3308614 said:
My all time favorite is Donna Karan Black Cashmere ... but I use it so sparingly now because it's discontinued and costs an arm and a leg... if you can even find it. If anyone knows of a good replacement, I'd love to hear about it!

I also like Chopard Madness, Bvlgari Black, Narciso Rodriguez Intense, Hermes Rouge. I'm always on the hunt for a new perfume.

Perfume I hate(and have) but gets tons of compliments on, Pink Sugar. It's sickenly sweet but I sometimes wear it to the gym because it's happy and I hate to throw things out.

OoO! I have never smelled the Black Cashmere one but I do have the Cashmere one...it smells awesome and it lasts FOREVER!

My favorites: Marc Jacobs Daisy and Ralph Lauren Blue. I'm not sure they make Ralph Lauren Blue anymore (dark blue bottle) but damn, it smells so SEXY! I get a ton of compliments on that one. Daisy is more of an 'innocent' smell...love that too but the smell doesn't last long enough.

I actually dislike most perfumes because I'm insanely picky when it comes to them. Can't be too sweet, can't be too BAM, it's gotta be the perfect medium.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel Chance pink bottle
Viktor Rolf Flowerbomb

SO is allergic to most perfumes, but he doesn't get the sniffles with these. I have a whole bunch more I liked, but his eyes get puffy and water-y :(

I like Flowebomb a lot also bc Nordys refills them.. But we think SO may be developing an allergy to that one too.

I'm lazy with wearing fragrances, though.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
My favorites tend to change with the seasons, so right now my favs are Le Labo's Vanille 44- an absolutely delicious spicy vanilla, Tom Ford's Private Blend Noir de Noir- my hubby LOVES it when I wear this one- it's a rose, chocolate blend (although it doesn't really list chocolate as an ingredient, the patchouli really gives it a chocolatey vibe. Another fav is a little known scent called Botrytis by Ginestet and it's a boozy honey scent. I'm a bit of a perfume nut- so I also have bunches of unusual samples that I use,too- but these are my "go to" perfumes right now. One that I don't have, but it's on my Christmas list is Guerlain's Gourmand Coquin- for gourmand lovers- it's heaven in a bottle. ;))

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I tried Marc Jacob's Daisy this summer. Fun smell, but I have to agree that it just doesn't last. No staying power.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1353190798|3308941 said:
I tried Marc Jacob's Daisy this summer. Fun smell, but I have to agree that it just doesn't last. No staying power.

Yeah, none whatsoever but it just smells so good that I can't resist. Did you get the roll on perfume? I found those pretty useful since the smell doesn't last, I just reapply with those!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
NTave|1353167336|3308741 said:
My very favorite is Michael Kors Island. Its discontinued but I still have a bottle.

My DH bought me a bottle of this when we were engaged. I wore it on our wedding day. I still have it.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1353192697|3308955 said:
HollyS|1353190798|3308941 said:

Yeah, none whatsoever but it just smells so good that I can't resist. Did you get the roll on perfume? I found those pretty useful since the smell doesn't last, I just reapply with those!

Aw man, I was given a large bottle of Daisy by my in-laws and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. Wish I could swap it with you Autumn!

I also have a large bottle of untouched Chanel no 5 that that needs a good home. Bah! :sick:

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
All time favorite: Chanel Mademoiselle. Second all time favorite: Trish McEvoy Number 9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
opium.

My Sin (it's what my mom wore)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I wear Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue as my everyday scent but do enjoy switching around. Some other favorites are Chanel Chance, Ralph Lauren Romance, L'Instant by Guerlain, Ralph by Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Blue, Juicy Couture and Calvin Klein Euphoria.

Used to wear Jessica McClintock as my everyday scent for years. Also was a Clinque Happy fan and Opium was my fav all through High school & into my early 20's. My tastes are really all over the place. I could spend hours trying out new perfume and have always been addicted to looking for new scents. My mom always wore Guerlain Shalimar and still does. When I was little she would put a few dabs on me and I felt so grown-up. :))

I'm going to try several listed in this thread!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this thread reminded me I was saving my Tihota (1/2 full ;( ) and I wore it yesterday. OMG- heaven heaven heaven!!!! Well, I cannot tell you how many men (when they leaned in for a kiss hello or goodbye) commented on how delicious I smelled LOL. And I still can smell some of it on me today. It's very long lasting and oh so good. Not overpowering in any way. Subtle, long lasting and just oh so amazing. Why did Francis Kurkdjian stop making this TDF scent? ;(

ETA: I also do get comments from women on how good I smell when I wear Tihota but yesterday we were only around men friends.

pinkjewel- I also have Guerlain's Gourmand Coquin on my to try list! Let me know what you think when you get it. The description sounds quite good for the most part.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I love the Cartier scents!

My new ABSOLUTE favorite is Cartier Baiser Vole which means stolen kisses.

It doesn't smell good on everyone, though. My DD and I usually try perfumes together, and they often turn into weird, horrible scents on me. I've gone through Bergdorf's perfume samples and ended up smelling like floor cleaner, cherry candy, and some kind of rotting fruit, depending on which section of my arm that you sniffed. But she smells lovely. But this is the only one that doesn't smell good on her, the top note dies right away and she just smells like old lady powder. It's weird.

It's a green, bright floral top note, that smells exactly like a fresh lily. Then it mellows to a medium sandalwood scent. It doesn't last very long, even with the eu de perfume. The full on perfume smells too woody, and the eu de toilette is just too much alcohol.

I'm very picky about perfume, and once I year I go on a search for my scent of the year. Couple of years ago it was eu de Cartier. Very light, not cloying, and not too green. Very nice all around.

I looked for a new one for this year, and couldn't find anything to beat the Baiser Vole, so I'm sticking with it.

Always try perfume on for at least 1/2 hour before purchasing, and don't try to sniff more than 3 in a row, unless you have coffee beans to sniff and cleanse your nose.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander- it actually takes many hours for a perfume scent to evolve and change. This is why I always either purchase or obtain samples before purchasing a full bottle. You cannot know the true complexity of the perfume until you wear it over the course of a day. I like to wear my sample for a few days before I decide. That is the only way to know the true smell of the perfume and if it suits you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results