shape
carat
color
clarity

Your favorite shaped and why

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald cut: there is something so regal and elegant about the lines.

chicky monkey

Shiny_Rock
I have always loved and wanted an oval.

I own not a single oval diamond!

I''m not sure why....

The cushion I''m buying is elongated, maybe I wanted that shape because of my secret desire for the oval!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2010 7:52:53 AM
Author: oranges
Kenny, your asscher and octavia are just BEYOND amazing! as for your photography--it's incredible!!!!!

Thanks, Oranges.
Since you liked the eye-candy . . . you probably saw these . . . but just in case you didn't, here are my other 3 threads about these rocks: Asscher

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
oh kenny,
i have seen those threads-- and enjoyed looking at them again... and favorite-ing the octavia thread!
27.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I like most any shape except princess, but my fave is pear. I''ve been hunting a nice pear for some time now. Seems hard to find a well cut one.

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
For me, definitely ovals! RBs for me, are a little boring, and ovals maintain that curvy gracefulness but add the length for a little uniqueness.

I''m also on an asscher kick lately though, after seeing hot ice''s GORGEOUS asscher from Erica.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
For a diamond, definitely a Princess on my finger. I say "on my finger" because I really wanted an emerald or an asscher til I saw them on me. I also have a RB diamond but I don''t think it looks quite right on me. I do love my blue sapphire cushion too but am not crazy about cushion shaped diamonds (on me).

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE a rectangular Radiant. (obviously see avatar). But I am learning to love the Chunky facet Cushions as well. Again I perfer the ones that at more rectangular.

One day I would really LOVE to get a PEAR. I really love the longer shapes. I have very small childlike hands so I think the longer shapes look better on me :bigsmile:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Emerald because it's classic and timeless.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I love the way certain stones look when paired with others:

Antique Cushion with French Cuts
Asscher with Bullets

Now, normally I'm not super into ovals, but am getting an oval center with oval sides ring from Leon because the design of the ring lets the oval sing... so I guess for me it's all about how the shapes go together with all the other elements.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I have to say cushions for sure - not sure exactly why, but I love that you can ask for a square cushion and receive such a variety of different facet looks in return (I'm talking more about coloured gem faceting here), but also in diamonds.
They are also versatile for setting, imo.
The only type of cushion I would chuck out of bed is a crushed ice, but apart from that I have a handful and counting :devil:
oh, also elongated cushions :D

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of cushion people on here 8)

I like rounds and asschers (w/ smaller windmills rather than the octagonal ones, personal preference).
The radial symmetry and clear patterning gets me every time ::)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's pretty clear that I'm an Asscher fiend. Just love the architectural lines and structured sparkle.

But, ECs in 2+ ct. sizes really have my heart.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Princess cut, both square and rectangular. I just love the shape!

Round brilliants... Ideal cut RB :love: They are perfect to me! Cushions are probably second (grouped with AVC, OEC, OMC) and radiant would be last on the list. Crushed Ice Radiants on the very very very bottom of the list :) I just am a fan of large, easy to see facets!

cmstevens

Rough_Rock
Royal Asscher and I am really liking the Octavia Asscher.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Asscher and RB. I like the symmetry. However I saw picture of a radiant sapphire and it blew me away!

I love anything that sparkles! :naughty:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
OMC

round 3 stone

asscher solitaire

EC solitaire

oval with half moon sides

if i had one of each, i would die a happy woman.

it's just not the cut: it's how you pair it up as well for me!

bellapoo

Rough_Rock
Trade
In colorless diamonds, I love the classic and elegant look of rounds and emeralds. My e-ring will be round, and I would love to have an emerald one day also.

In colored diamonds, I love radiants. I hope to have a pink or yellow radiant diamond one day!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Princess cuts - I don't know why I love them so much, but they are my favorite by far. :)

Sianyde

Rough_Rock
I adore AVC more that I'd like to admit, as well as princesses and asschers
But in larger sizes I love elongated ovals, with wide bands that taper out. I can't remember who it was that posted it, but there was a 6ct oval floating around here somewhere with the wide band and all that... Man, it was gorgeous! :cheeky: It's what made me fall in love with the shape in the first place

princesskk

Rough_Rock
Love the princess... love the elegance and sophistication of the look... its timeless... definitely my fave!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Marquise shapes keep happening to me, but I love every shape except the crushed ice radiant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results