shape
carat
color
clarity

Your China pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 1:52:03 PM
Author: meresal
Date: 1/21/2009 1:01:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
None.

FI bought me a 4 piece set from Pottery Barn''s ''Great White'' collection for our first Christmas together. He''s told me that he''ll make it an 8 piece set--just so that I won''t add Pottery Barn as another store to register at.

However I''m inheriting my mom''s china--I''m not sure of the pattern, otherwise I''d post it. She also has a collection of Christmas dishes-they have a giant Christmas tree on them.

And I have a full 8 piece set of Depression glass in pink ''Sharon''/''Cabbage Rose''.

And that''s all on top of our everyday stuff. So I won''t be registering for china. Serving dishes are another matter however!
Do you have any pictures??
I don''t. I actually haven''t seen it in...goodness probably more than 6 years. I should probably look into it. Each piece was found individually in antique stores by my mom and I started when I was about 9 or 10. What''s bad is that she had bought the rest of pieces to complete my set and gave them to me for my 16th birthday. I cried! I wanted clothes, not glass plates!

I''m going up to my dad''s tonight, maybe I''ll poke around and see if I can find them...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t actually register for china - we had a smallish wedding, and what I really wanted was my fiestaware (cobalt, peacock, shamrock, and turquoise)!

But, before the wedding my aunt called my mom and asked if I would like to have a full set of Haviland for 12. I think my set is fairly inexpensive as china goes, but considering that I was given the entire set as one gift, I was really, really excited to have it.

Here''s my china all put away - but you can see it''s a very simple style. For the holidays, I bought some accent plates with the same silver rim and different designs. One set is snowflakes and the other is handpainted wreaths and "jingle all the way!" written on it in script.

We registered for crystal, but sadly no one purchased any of it. But after the wedding, I found a box of modern goblets that my DH''s grandmother gave us when she moved into a retirement village - they''re very simple with a sphere where the stem meets the base, and a friend of mine brought me crystal wine glasses from germany, where she''d been stationed right up to my wedding. So, we ended up with our crystal, too!

Our silverware is Dansk Bistro cafe - I''ll attach that in a second post.

elmortonchinacab1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the Dansk Bistro Cafe - for this Christmas, we FINALLY got the last couple of sets to get up to 12. It''s our everyday stuff, but it also looks gorgeous with our china.

t_16762.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun, one more - these are my fiesta colors :)

elmortonfiesta.jpg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
We aren''t registering for our wedding (we are having a DW and we already have everything...no room for anything else!) but I have a funny story about "our" china.

When FI was married previously, they went to the JP and didn''t have a wedding, everyone in his family was pretty much opposed and there were no happy pre-wedding parties (no showers, bachelor/bachelorette, etc.) and no wedding presents. During their marriage, FI always wanted china because as his career was taking off, he wanted to entertain at home. His ex-wife would have none of it. She was worried that the kids would break the china or that it would be too "high maintenance" and she didn''t want to have to hand wash it. So they never bought china.

After their divorce, he always wanted to buy china and when we started dating, I remember one of our early dates, was shopping for his new china! He bought the whole thing: 12 place setting, serving dishes, a couple of replacements, the works. It wasn''t terribly expensive, but it wasn''t cheap to buy all at once either. So now we have china and we''ve used it several times and I plan to make sure it''s not kept away in storage.

We have Noritake Century Platinum along with some Lenox crystal accent pieces. Here''s a very generic picture.

Noritake Century Platinum.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn''t get any China (no use for it), we registered for the green and white table settings from Pottery Barn''s sausalito collection.

BUT, if we had gotten China, it would''ve been this: Tiffany''s platinum-edged setting. Hey, if it''s theoretical china, might as well go for the gold (ahem, platinum), right?

tiffanyplatinumedgechina.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
hey hey - we ended up changing our china on our registry... i just wasn''t feeling good about our first choice. so here is the updated china we have on our registry:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=103364&RN=4498&

It''s the Sterling collection by Wedgewood.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results