shape
carat
color
clarity

Your best made piece?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Could you (would you like to) show a photo of your best piece in terms of how it''s made. If you have something that you think shows a nice level of craftsmanship, feel free to show!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Ma Re, I LOVE that you've taken the time to highlight construction and quality - I don't think people appreciate them enough these days. Here is my Van Craeynest heart pendant. It's a very special piece to me and aside from that, it's constructed uniquely and quite solidly. Most jewelry was constructed this way at one time, but nowadays, very rarely if ever...It was hand carved into steel, die struck (twice because it's inlaid: once in platinum and once in 18K yellow gold), and has a very hefty platinum puff back. The detail was then hand chased, engraved, and pierced out. I should note that all Van Craeynest jewelry is made this way, but my pendant in particular I think shows a very nice level of craftsmanship. It took about 5 months from start to finish.

Original thread

Here is the hub:
LIBsVCvisit000003.jpg

A collage with some pics of the back:
LIB-VC-heartcollage01.JPG

Hangin' around:

LinB_VC_Heart_00124c.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZER Love in Bloom! What a pendant!!!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really beautiful LoveInBloom. I love VanCraynest from what I''ve seen on PS.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks cinnamon013 and Tourmaline_Lover! It looks a busy in macro, but the details are very subtle in person. It's only about 18mm top to bottom.

TL - I'm highly addicted to their pieces. So fun to play with and wear!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
LiB that''s an exquisite looking pendant.
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
This pendant is among my favorites in that "hall of fame" thread (also initiated by yours truly), glad to hear it's not only pretty but really well made too. Quite a unique item.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lovinggems!

Date: 5/22/2009 9:59:53 AM
Author: ma re
This pendant is among my favorites in that 'hall of fame' thread (also initiated by yours truly), glad to hear it's not only pretty but really well made too. Quite a unique item.

Oh my gosh, I haven't been on in a while so I'm off to find the thread! I'm quite honored Ma re!
16.gif

ETA: found it! Your 'hall of fame' thread made my heart skip a beat...so many beautiful pieces!
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 9:19:22 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

Ma Re, I LOVE that you''ve taken the time to highlight construction and quality - I don''t think people appreciate them enough these days. Here is my Van Craeynest heart pendant. It''s a very special piece to me and aside from that, it''s constructed uniquely and quite solidly. Most jewelry was constructed this way at one time, but nowadays, very rarely if ever...It was hand carved into steel, die struck (twice because it''s inlaid: once in platinum and once in 18K yellow gold), and has a very hefty platinum puff back. The detail was then hand chased, engraved, and pierced out. I should note that all Van Craeynest jewelry is made this way, but my pendant in particular I think shows a very nice level of craftsmanship. It took about 5 months from start to finish.

Original thread

Here is the hub:
LIBsVCvisit000003.jpg

A collage with some pics of the back:
LIB-VC-heartcollage01.JPG

Hangin'' around:
That has to be one of the most beautiful pendants I''ve seen on Pricescope. Wow!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ma Re, what a great topic!

Love in Bloom your pendant is gorgeous and the detail work is exquisite!

I have two pieces that I think have amazing workmanship, however one is a diamond piece so I''ll just show my sapphire bracelet. The super tiny claws are wonderful and I love how the designer added diamonds into the swirls of the linking chains. This picture shows the clasp which fits into the design so well that it''s hard to tell that it is the clasp or that there are two safety catches.

cmsblusapphirebrac17.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:20:13 PM
Author: Catmom
Ma Re, what a great topic!

Love in Bloom your pendant is gorgeous and the detail work is exquisite!

I have two pieces that I think have amazing workmanship, however one is a diamond piece so I''ll just show my sapphire bracelet. The super tiny claws are wonderful and I love how the designer added diamonds into the swirls of the linking chains. This picture shows the clasp which fits into the design so well that it''s hard to tell that it is the clasp or that there are two safety catches.
Lovely bracelet! How many sapphires are in it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are diamond pieces, but since they question is about workmanship My BGD pendant is phenomenal and my engagement setting from Ocean (through Wink) is as well.

The BGD pendant can be made with colored stones (I considered it, but decided against it for my needs).

original.aspx

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Love in Bloom--that pendant is simply stunning!

Gypsy--yours is just lovely.

My best made piece thus far would be my James Meyer solitaire. I love that it is completely handmade.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Catmom - Thanks and HOLY SMOKES what a bracelet! Your clasp is amazing; I love it when those kind of details aren't overlooked. I also wouldn't mind knowing how many sapphires there are going 'round. Good thing there are two safeties!

Gypsy - your pendat is STUNNING! Reminds me of a delicate and sparkly snowflake! What are the dimensions?

Coatimundi - Thanks again. We DEFINITELY need some pics of your JM. Please, please, pretty PLEASE?
31.gif

Thank you very much about my pendant too, Cind11, Kribbie!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
LIB Oh, all right...
9.gif

psssssst! I will be having another one made--fairly soon!

bezelb118888.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LIB-- 32mm diameter, 14K white gold, and .60 in F/G VS diamonds. Thank you Coati and LIB you are both very sweet!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Layla, you are so welcome--it is so stunning, and even more lovely on YOU!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - Wow, that's a good size. If you have long locks, I could totally see wearing as a barrette in an up-do for an evening event (safely, of course!)

Date: 5/22/2009 3:06:07 PM
Author: coatimundi
LIB Oh, all right...
9.gif

psssssst! I will be having another one made--fairly soon!

Yay, umop umopapisdn pics! What, what? I'm curious, is it for your asscher aqua? Either I may have to move to CA anyway just to see your JM pieces and your rocks!
3.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
LiB and Gypsy - GORGEOUS pendants!

And Coati - you are making me drool again over your GORGEOUS ring! Another one soon? . . . Details, please.
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Catmom - your bracelet is TDF! Can I borrow it?
9.gif
11.gif
I have earrings which match.
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
This is a piece made by Sabbadini in Milan. I got it for myself after I closed an M&A deal back in the mid '90's. The workmanship is spectacular as are the stones [diamonds and emeralds]. Total stone weight is around 6 carats.

ETA: Oops, sorry - pic is way big.

12-29-07 Diajewels3a.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 3:28:40 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
This is a piece made by Sabbadini in Milan. I got it for myself after I closed an M&A deal back in the mid '90's. The workmanship is spectacular as are the stones [diamonds and emeralds]. Total stone weight is around 6 carats.

ETA: Oops, sorry - pic is way big.
I love big pics almost as much as I'm in absolute AWE of your ring! NICE!
36.gif

Thanks about my pendant too
5.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to stay out of this thread. Except for one well made mounting (which cannot compare to any of these), I only have cheapo LOGR''s and some older semi-mounts. My taste in fine craftsmanship leaves much to be desired - LOL!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sally's lotus:
profpad.JPG

And her/Phet's frog:
Attention to detail is amazing, very delicate work :)

frogster.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think my engagement ring is my best made piece, but my Scapolite is running a pretty close second.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 5:52:44 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I think my engagement ring is my best made piece, but my Scapolite is running a pretty close second.

I totally agree about your e-ring. It is gorgeous. Do you have a thread on the scapolite? I don''t remember the piece.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 5:52:39 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
And her/Phet''s frog:
Attention to detail is amazing, very delicate work :)
frogster.JPG

Love the frog! Is that a moonstone?

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 3:39:44 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 5/22/2009 3:28:40 PM
I love big pics almost as much as I'm in absolute AWE of your ring! NICE!
36.gif

1.gif
Thanks!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
This one from Van Craeynest

vc002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results