shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you''re a PSer when.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yeewl

Shiny_Rock
You know you''re a PS''ER when:

In your handbag you carry along..

1. 14 x loupe ---- to look at where are the inclusions
2. Idealscope ---- to see whether it has a nice H&A cut or acceptable cut without too much of light leakage
3. Portable diamond gauge ---- to roughly gauge the carat weight/size of the diamond
3. Portable LED UV Torch ---- to check for any fluorescence present in the diamond
4. Genuine chamois leather ---- to clean away any fingerprints on the diamond.

Friends asked me to help them search for loose diamonds and I always get very excited, as if I am the one who is buying it...

At home you have with you..

1. An ultrasonic machine
2. Ideal light with CZ
3. Portable scale to weigh gold/loose diamonds

And hopefully, a new addition ... ASET scope
Hubby is flyng over to Melbourne on 2nd June and he will be able to pick up the scope at Precious metals (canterbury road).Just make sure I order online before he leaves.. :razz:

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2006 8:59:05 PM
Author: koko
I know just how you feel; I work for a dentist and I look more at the patient''s rings than I do their teeth
41.gif
Thank goodness......I had to re-read this and am happy for the patients that you WORK for the dentist, but aren''t the dentist.............LOL

Mara.......you alway crack me up. It''s not surprising at all that you can spot a Tacori from 20 paces!

Don''t believe you ladies are the only PS''ers who look at hands not faces. I''m guilty as charged. Have you noticed that you get to see terrific things while you''re putting cream and/or sugar in your coffee at Starbucks? Sometimes, I linger there just stirring my coffee because the eye candy is just that good.

Funny topic. Thanks Laney
36.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
When your husband is noticing all the diamonds and pointing them out to you too....

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
You know you''re a PSer when
you look at a ring in today''s paper that a husband bought his wife as a push present and think for $3000 it should have been platinum and ACA''s! Not 14k white gold with 3 of the tiniest diamonds!
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s a push present?!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
A present after pushing out the kid
9.gif

Do you get the SF chronicle Mara? It's in the Style section.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
....your boyfriend comments that you were sleeping with the cutest little smile on your face when he first woke up this morning, and you give him a guilty look... as he correctly assumes "you were dreaming about RINGS again, weren''t you...."
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2006 1:50:21 PM
Author: lisaC
A present after pushing out the kid
9.gif

Do you get the SF chronicle Mara? It''s in the Style section.
Hehehe no but now I wish we did...we get the NY Times on Sunday...I think we used to get the Chronicle but not anymore.

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
dunno if this one has been posted already but...

When you see a blooming flower and think "diamond prop!" and ask FI "why didn''t you bring the camera??"

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
You know you are a PSer when your friends refer to your house as: Sparklies, Inc. (A not for profit jewelry cleaning service). I have made it my goal in life to clean the diamond of every person that walks into my house. Friends now joke about wanting to make an appointment at Sparklies (which is pronounced Spaaaaahklies, if you really must know).

Also, you know you are pser when you can remember the stats about a diamond you saw once, the four Cs and beyond, without even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results