shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you''re a PSer when.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
You know you''re a PSer when.....

You''re more interested in the diamonds your going to see at dinner saturday night, than the people!

LOL! I just caught myself, and had to laugh! We are going out to dinner with friends tomorrow night, and two other couples are coming that we have only met once. The ladies had FABULOUS rings. I tried not to stare too much. We actually had a great time with them, they are great people... Oh.. but the stones..

One sweet woman has a six carat asscher with side bullets set into platnium. The other has about 4.5 or 5 carat emerald, also in platnium. The woman with the asscher has her everyday 2carat round that I haven''t seen yet. They are all upgrade rings (both 20yrs married). These ladies are the sweetest funniest people. I hope to have enough courage to ask to look up close this time.

The lady with the 6 carat.. they affectionatly call her "J. Lo" ring, only comes out for special occasions.. like dinners! Oooh, I hope its'' with her. LOL! She actually works in the bridal industry (owns her own store in NYC) -so I wonder if she can write her rings off! (what a tax benefit!)

Ok, I admit it.

So, how about you?

Anywhoo,
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Guilty as charged! I am always looking at people''s hands instead of their faces. And, I find myself wondering what the depth of the stones are, and the size of their tables. It''s horrible! I too want to ask to see the rings up close, but I don''t want to offend anyone. It''s just so hard when you have truly large stones so close yet so far away!
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Yah, me too! I love looking at the rings of others and especially the honkers (that sparkle like crazy). A four carat "dead stone" does not interest me at all.

I always feel happy for the women who have those rings (the honkers) and make it a point to enjoy my own ring too!

Heather

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
....your neighbor gets engaged and as you peer at the ring in the dark, with a streetlamp about 50 yards away, you say...'Is that a Tacori??' and she says 'Why yes?!'...
9.gif

That actually happened last week when we were out with our dogs!! I thought how sad (scary? cool?) is it when I can recognize a designer ring in the DARK in the middle of a park.
41.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
LMAO Mara - that is tooo funny. I think I could eagle eye a tacori in a parking lot.. .. the occasion hasn''t come yet.. but I''m ready!

koko

Shiny_Rock
I know just how you feel; I work for a dentist and I look more at the patient''s rings than I do their teeth
41.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when....your wife''s friends ask Q''s about her rings and you''re the one answering all the Q''s
9.gif

and when her friends thinks you know more about diamonds than them.
9.gif

when ask.... how big is the diamond? and you say XXmm,not the weight.
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 9:03:04 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
when....your wife''s friends ask Q''s about her rings and you''re the one answering all the Q''s
9.gif

and when her friends thinks you know more about diamonds than them.
9.gif

when ask.... how big is the diamond? and you say XXmm,not the weight.
9.gif
Haaahaa...that''s too funny DF!!!

Heather

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
oh, it''s sweet sickness though!

I sorta followed "older woman" yesterday at the museum just to get a look at her giant marquise!

Very nice and big, I quesstimated around 4cts. It was perfect on her hand, even though she was petite, it did not look out of place on her.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are cracking me up! I was at a skin care party (one of those Tupperware party things) last night and the "speaker" had the most beautiful 2-3 ct. oval with sapphire sidestones ring! I couldn''t look at the products she was talking about most of the time because I was so distracted by her ring! I am so guilty of staring at other people''s rings, but I don''t care because who doesn''t love to have their ring stared at?! LOL!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I do this all the time!! I work in sales, and sometimes forget peoples faces, but ALWAYS remember their rings... When I come out of the back room and try to find the same woman, I always know which ring I am heading for, but could not pick their face out of a line-up... sad but true...

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 11:28:15 PM
Author: kalispera
I do this all the time!! I work in sales, and sometimes forget peoples faces, but ALWAYS remember their rings... When I come out of the back room and try to find the same woman, I always know which ring I am heading for, but could not pick their face out of a line-up... sad but true...

Now THAT is classic!
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when you are always eyeballing everyone's rings wherever you go and are itching to rip them off their finger and clean them if dirty.........making pathetic excuses like dropping a coin or handkerchief underneath a hand with a honker on it just so you can duck down and have a look......trying to analyze depth and table across a crowded supermarket.....I could go on and on.....following the victim outside to check light performance in daylight.....and colour.....keeping a loupe in your purse NOT ONLY to check out your own diamond, but just in case.....
11.gif
41.gif
Hubby is feeling generous........

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, lorelei has serious issues. LOL!!! We are all sick!!!
emotion-20.gif
face23.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2006 2:41:06 AM
Author: monarch64
OK, lorelei has serious issues. LOL!!! We are all sick!!!
emotion-20.gif
face23.gif
You don't know the HALF of it Monarch!!!!!
41.gif
Can you say SERIOUSLY OBSESSED??????
emembarrassed.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I will do a quick scan of a room to see if anyone has anything worth eyeballing, almost like hovering over a box of chocolates to decide which ones I will eat. Once I spot a worthy gem it gives me something to concentrate on during a boring party, film, meal out etc........Monarch was so right, I am sick...very sick.....
emotion-41.gif

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 11:28:15 PM
Author: kalispera
Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one!

I used to work in sales and my record of regular customers identified them by their rings rather than their names ... my co-workers thought I was crazy!

old timer

Rough_Rock
I am really bad! I remember people by their jewelry accessories rather than their faces! Hard to teach an old dog.....etc...etc!Granted, it may seem like we''re snobs, but we aren''t! We just have our priorities a bit skewed! So THEY say!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I also check out everyone''s rings. I love it when I see someone with a really pretty ring.

I know the nicest rings all my relatives have. My nice SIL has a art deco star sapphire and diamond ring that''s to die for; my nasty SIL has a 2.38 round diamond honker (to die for too), and my other SIL never wears her e-ring and LOST IT in a move.

I am also still in the honeymoon phase with my big sapphire and diamond ring. I brought it back to the jeweler to put in sizing balls, so the ring wouldn''t flip from side to side on my finger. I immediately went into serious ring withdrwal. I was so sad.

Within 15 minutes of receiving the call to say my ring was ready, I was at the jewelers.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too! Theaters, the King of Prussia mall and the stores on 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue in NYC are all great places for checking out other people''s jewelry.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I call it "diamond stalking." I''m sure glad I''m not the only one who does it!
31.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I stare hard at beautiful diamonds too! When not so beautiful I lose interest.
41.gif

One day (and this was the first real halo I saw on anyone) there was this woman at the mall wearing at least a 3 ct EC halo...holy smokes the ring reached almost to her knuckle!! I stalked her for a bit with my mom tailing me. Now my mom and my fiance think I''m too ''obsessed'' with diamonds and call PS my ''crazy obsession.''

I also *love* to catch other people staring at my ring. It''s definitely not huge but it sure can sparkle sparkle!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so bad that when I was at the doctors yesterday I was examining her diamond while she was taking my pulse. Unobtrusively, of course. I must say I was very dissapointed. I have cz''s that look better than what she was wearing!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy it when people stare at my pretties. I was once on an elevator and 2 ladies got on. One of them looked at my rings, nudged her friend and pointed to her finger. Then the other lady started looking at my rings. I''ve seen a lot of people look at my rings and then look at their rings.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
you know you area PSer when...

when you carry a loupe in your pocket.

i bought my good dear friend a christmas present of tulip set diamond earring studs 0.25 carat each in 18k yellow gold used from a pawn shop. they were $100. very white, very well cut, set very high, obviously a high end shop piece.

we went to lunch the other day and she was wearing them under pinpoint lights. Needless to say I had a hard time not carrying a conversation with her ear lobes.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 8:28:30 AM
Author: diamondlil
I call it ''diamond stalking.'' I''m sure glad I''m not the only one who does it!
31.gif
So true diamondlil !!!! I am such a diamonds stalker!! If I see one I like I will "stalk" until I get a good look...OBSESSED!!!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
You all crack me up! But I am laughing because I confess, I do it too. I am usually not shy about asking to see an exceptional one (although I think I have good instincts about people; if I sensed that they wouldn''t like it or it''s not a good time I wouldn''t), and generally I think people are happy to have received a compliment on their ring. After Christmas I was in a bakery, and this lady had a HUGE marquise diamond, and as she was checking out I said, "that''s a beautiful diamond", and she gave me a sample of one of the yummy bread she got!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about listening to another table''s conversation? FI and I went out for dinner last night and the table next to us was three women (one in her early 20s, her mother and her grandmother) She must have just got engaged because basically their conversation revolved around that. She was telling them how excited she was because her ring appraised for $100 more than he paid for it
33.gif
FI and I just stared at each other. $100? Come on, that doesn''t even make sense. I know realistic appraisals are important but doesn''t that seem rather low? She seemed to pleased about it too.
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 10:25:11 AM
Author: Dani

Date: 1/14/2006 8:28:30 AM
Author: diamondlil
I call it 'diamond stalking.' I'm sure glad I'm not the only one who does it!
31.gif
So true diamondlil !!!! I am such a diamonds stalker!! If I see one I like I will 'stalk' until I get a good look...OBSESSED!!!!
I cannot help it....so many lovely shiny objects!
30.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - now that everyone has outed themselves... LOL...

You know you are a PSer when...

You bring in your WF sparkle sparkle cleaner to work to clean a CO-WORKERS ring, because it''s too dirty for YOU to look at.

And yes, I brought my travel toothbrush, got some hot water to soak her rings in right at her DESK!

She was happy afterward! :)

I also made her promise to clean it more often. For my enjoyment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results