shape
carat
color
clarity

You know you''re a PSer when.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you are a PSer when..............................

You watch TV with your husband and you are looking at everyone''s jewelry and pointing it out to your husband and he is trying just to watch the show.

You are ecstatic when your husband tells you that the hotel you are staying at on Maui has wireless connections that reach out to the beach. You tell him it can''t get any better than that.....Hawaii, beach/pool, laptop, PS.....fun in the sun!!

Your husband''s coworker gets engaged and he tells her he loves her Tacori setting and she wants to know how did you know?

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
One of my co-workers got engaged some 15-years ago. She boasted that she has never removed her wedding or engagement rings...even when he fingers were swollen during pregnancy.

''So how do you clean them''...I asked. The reply was "I have never cleaned them" YIKES!

15-years of muck and crime....yak!

Blod

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2006 11:37:18 AM
Author: blodthecat

One of my co-workers got engaged some 15-years ago. She boasted that she has never removed her wedding or engagement rings...even when he fingers were swollen during pregnancy.

''So how do you clean them''...I asked. The reply was ''I have never cleaned them'' YIKES!

Blod
Bloody Hell
32.gif
They must look dreadful Bloddie
14.gif

surfrgrl

Rough_Rock
Ok -- I''ll bite:

You know you''re a PSer when:

1) You go to the Dr. (yeah, I was a wuss) to get your ears pierced, and she explains the procedure, and when she mentions she will bring in some permanent earrings for you to choose (the ones that have to stay in for six weeks) you point to the huge sparklers on HER ears and say, "I WANT THOSE!!"

2) You go to a 50% off pre-holiday sale at a local high-end B&M, strike up a conversation with the owner, and after you''ve asked him several questions about his diamond pieces, showing some obvious knowledge, he offers you a job!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
You know you're a PS-er when:

1- NOBODY around you knows or gives a damn about the 4 Cs, but you know them to the letter and have high standards;

2- And now your boyfriend knows them too;

3- When a friend who's worked in a jewelery store for years helps you find your e-ring and describes one to you, using words like "trellis", "split-shank", "F/G-SI" and "eyeclean", and you actually understand!

Date: 1/22/2006 11:37:18 AM
Author: blodthecat

'So how do you clean them'...I asked. The reply was 'I have never cleaned them' YIKES!

Blod
My mother never cleans up her ring. She had it resized last year and of course the jeweler cleaned it and polished it and it looked so gorgeous! I thought she's take better care of it after that, but no... I always thought she doesn't take good care of her set...
38.gif
Granted, it's not a big, pricey ring, but she says she loves it. Still, she leaves it on the bathroom counter and on the kitchen windowsill and never cleans it. Before I left a couple of weeks ago, I took a soft brush and cleaned it a little.
27.gif
Just that made the stone sparkle a LOT more!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
So I was working an open house today (I''m a realtor) and a woman and her husband came in to view the unit. "Is that an ascher with a princess halo???" I screamed from across the room. They were so impressed that I got all their info and will probably seel them a house some time soon--but the most important thing was that the woman and I had a grand old time swapping engagement rings back and forth (our wedding rings are vitually IDENTICAL) and talking about diamonds.

I guess there''s no getting around it--I"m a PSer!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2006 8:36:43 PM
Author: Dee Jay
So I was working an open house today (I''m a realtor) and a woman and her husband came in to view the unit. ''Is that an ascher with a princess halo???'' I screamed from across the room. They were so impressed that I got all their info and will probably seel them a house some time soon--but the most important thing was that the woman and I had a grand old time swapping engagement rings back and forth (our wedding rings are vitually IDENTICAL) and talking about diamonds.

I guess there''s no getting around it--I''m a PSer!!!

That is great!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you tell one of your best friends, no Cheryl your center stone is not a sapphire it''s a diamond. She had just gotten an upgrade , a 3 stone ring. We were having lunch and she didn''t have it on. We were discussing her new ring and I said how I loved that the sapphire sides made her diamond pop. She had a blank look and said isn''t my center stone a sapphire? I said when you go home take a good look sweetie. She called me right away and was dying that I knew her ring better than she did. But she had just gotten it so, I had to laugh.
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when....you have to teach all the PS ladies about the "basic rules" of diamonds.
16.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when DF can make up the rules as he goes! I love his rules, ratios, etc.!

And from there he asks what is your favorite steak and how you like it cook?

You are a mess Dancing Fire!!!!
emwink.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 7:14:10 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

emwink.gif
You should ask him what he thinks about girdles, LOL!!!
3.gif
Sorry DF, couldn''t resist
9.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Okay Kaleigh, you''ve piqued my curiosity. Now I have to know. I''m opening a can of worms(I love his posts)
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2006 7:56:43 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 1/23/2006 7:14:10 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

emwink.gif
You should ask him what he thinks about girdles, LOL!!!
3.gif
Sorry DF, couldn''t resist
9.gif
all i know is....some are brutal.
20.gif
23.gif
don''t believe me? ask Lynn B,she wears one.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know you''re a PSer when ...

The PAUSE & SLOW buttons on your Tivo remote get a workout everytime a TV presenter/host/chef or any random woman on TV really is ...

A) wearing an e-ring or wedding set
B) puts hands anywhere close to the camera

Go ahead, quiz me!

Rachael Ray has an approx 2-2 1/2 ct round brilliant in a gold Tiffany style solitaire
Genevieve Gorder has a HUGE boxy white metal setting, but I can''t ever see her stone
TJ on Starting Over has an emerald cut in a cathedral setting with flanking side bands
That Giada chick on Everyday Italian has three diamonds by the yard type necklaces that she wears at once, slightly different lengths & one always flips ... PLUS a GORGEOUS emerald cut eternity band.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 9:27:47 PM
Author: decodelighted
You know you''re a PSer when ...

The PAUSE & SLOW buttons on your Tivo remote get a workout everytime a TV presenter/host/chef or any random woman on TV really is ...

A) wearing an e-ring or wedding set
B) puts hands anywhere close to the camera

Go ahead, quiz me!

Rachael Ray has an approx 2-2 1/2 ct round brilliant in a gold Tiffany style solitaire
Genevieve Gorder has a HUGE boxy white metal setting, but I can''t ever see her stone
TJ on Starting Over has an emerald cut in a cathedral setting with flanking side bands
That Giada chick on Everyday Italian has three diamonds by the yard type necklaces that she wears at once, slightly different lengths & one always flips ... PLUS a GORGEOUS emerald cut eternity band.
OMG
6.gif
I thought I was the only ''TV jewelry stalker'' I love seeing everyone''s jewelry. No one is safe. And the fact that you notice ''That Giada chick'' has one necklace that always flips gives you and edge on the competition!
9.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
...When I noticed the girl sitting in front of me looks like she just got engaged with a pretty ring not a huge diamond but very sparkly. I''m dying to get a look at her setting. So I ease my laptop screen down and peer really hard. Man, I wish I had some super contact lenses or glasses so I could check it out better in full detail!!

Anyway, I''m sure the people around me think I''m nutzo.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you''re a PS''er when:
You''re sitting at a bar and you grab a handful of lint-free cocktail napkins because they don''t leave smudges when you dry your diamonds with them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 12:49:42 PM
Author: Princess V
...When I noticed the girl sitting in front of me looks like she just got engaged with a pretty ring not a huge diamond but very sparkly. I''m dying to get a look at her setting. So I ease my laptop screen down and peer really hard. Man, I wish I had some super contact lenses or glasses so I could check it out better in full detail!!

No but you really shouldn''t be PS''ing while in class!! That cracks me up. Go get a picture of it with your cell phone!!
31.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 10:20:56 AM
Author: ladykemma
you know you area PSer when...

when you carry a loupe in your pocket.
Change that to purse and guilty as charged!
3.gif

Last week I went into a B&M (sort of -- they also sell wholesale and cut their own stones). I had never been there before, but the owner was the first person I encountered and I started talking to him about cushions. He brought out a modern cushion that he had cut that was lovely, so I asked if I could look at it with a loupe. He didn't move to get one for me, so I said, "Don't worry, I have one I can use." His reply: "Sorry, I assumed you did. Aren't you in the business?" Now he could have just been trying to make a sale, but I'd rather take it as a compliment.
16.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 2:57:08 PM

No but you really shouldn''t be PS''ing while in class!! That cracks me up. Go get a picture of it with your cell phone!!
31.gif
Hehe kaleigh... PSing in class, I love it. And I was doing it last week too!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock

31.gif
Darn Kaleigh!! You outed me!
11.gif
3.gif
In my defense...I only PS in certain classes!

My cell phone cam is horrible as you can see with my handshot in my other thread.

Seriously, my neck is sore from craning over my seat to check out the bling though haha!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2006 7:09:51 PM

31.gif
Darn Kaleigh!! You outed me!
11.gif
3.gif
In my defense...I only PS in certain classes!

My cell phone cam is horrible as you can see with my handshot in my other thread.

Seriously, my neck is sore from craning over my seat to check out the bling though haha!
I just wish I had PS while I was in college, could have prevented me from falling asleep.
24.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
bump

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
...the first thing outta your mouth when your s.o. walks through the door after work is something about diamonds...

...you can go to any place on PS you want by muscle memory alone -- no need to see the home screen...(I''m not there yet...but at this rate it won''t be long!)

...you talk to someone you know (well) about their new diamond and they stare at you blankly...

...your 8-year-old son looks at the the "show me the ring" forum with you and critiques each piece...

10.gif

jen

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 2:23:11 AM
Author: Lorelei
when you are always eyeballing everyone''s rings wherever you go and are itching to rip them off their finger and clean them if dirty.........making pathetic excuses like dropping a coin or handkerchief underneath a hand with a honker on it just so you can duck down and have a look......trying to analyze depth and table across a crowded supermarket.....I could go on and on.....following the victim outside to check light performance in daylight.....and colour.....keeping a loupe in your purse NOT ONLY to check out your own diamond, but just in case.....
11.gif
41.gif
Hubby is feeling generous........

I carry my own loupe too! OMG its a sickness!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh and I make all my friends take off their rings for a nice cleansing bath in my US.... LOL..grimy rings..gross!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
when zales outlet offers you a job. happened yesterday.

When I told them I could only work for the summer, then they didn't seem too interested. i filled out an application anyway because there was a bailey banks and biddle ruby ring on super clearance that i wanted. i could work for the summer for that ring!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
sk8rgen:
"...your 8-year-old son looks at the the "show me the ring" forum with you and critiques each piece..."

too funny!!

kids are such fun! My daughter is kinda grown up now, but i can relate!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2006 6:27:37 AM
Author: ladykemma
when zales outlet offers you a job. happened yesterday.

When I told them I could only work for the summer, then they didn''t seem too interested. i filled out an application anyway because there was a bailey banks and biddle ruby ring on super clearance that i wanted. i could work for the summer for that ring!
Only you could get an offer like that LadyK
2.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know you''re a PS''ER when:

You go into a store that you know other PS''ERS frequent and you wonder whether you''ll see the other PS''ERS there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results