shape
carat
color
clarity

You know someone isn’t a PSer when...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When they *haven't* sent a hand drawn ring design to a jeweler.
I sent inspiration photos with scribbles over the parts I don’t like and circles around parts that I do...They certainly don’t even care that much to do that!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Their husbands don’t say “It’s the cut..” when you mention that the diamond is so sparkly! He completely floored me because he’s not into jewelry and doesn’t seem that interested....He just wants me to be happy! When he saw my face after the cut remark he laughed and said...“What do you expect when I hear you talking about the cut all the time..”:mrgreen2:

tonielle

Rough_Rock
When they correct me to tell me that “solitaire” is a shape. WHAT?

Me: I love engagement rings with a round center stone
Them: you mean solitaire
Me: no, round.
Them: yeah, a solitaire!

*eyeroll*

I do love round solitaires though! Lol

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
When they DON'T shamelessly take pictures of strangers' bling to show your PS also-bling-addicted besties!!! :whistle::lol:

IMG_3003.jpg
IMG_3004.PNG

When they can't identify at least five out of eight of these pieces of jewelry in the photos right off the bat!

Let's have some fun shall we? ( Hubby's at Home Depot getting supplies for tomorrow. I have time to play!)

I'll give you multiple choice:
First pic: on wrist (a) Rolex Daytona (b) Tag Heuer Aquaracer (c) Rolex Submariner
on ring finger (a)Cartier Trinity ring (b) Tiffany platinum knife edge wedding band,3mm (c) Stuller white gold 4mm
right hand ring (a) Black spinel halo ring (b) possibly Kashmir or other Sapphire halo set ring, WG (c) something tacky from Zales ( sorry Zales!)
and the 'piece de resistance' that RING!!!! ( Ok, calm down!)
(a) 3-4 ct Cushion cut diamond, platinum (b) Transition cut diamond (c) OMC 5 ct or so.

Second pic: (a)Cartier LOVE bracelets WITH diamond (b) Cartier Trinity bracelets (c) Tiffany "T" collection.

LOL. we are SO bad.
i wish I could post what I think are the answers upside down like they do in the puzzles page... ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showing a colleague a nicely cut sparkly oval white Zircon about 12mm X 9mm, for her to ask if it was a diamond!

I responded I would not need to work if I have diamond that size to wear casually!

DK :wall:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they're completely skeptical about buying diamonds online, be it vintage or modern.

When they’re even more skeptics about buying diamonds online off of LT and DB! :lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have never been distracted by bling while in the car and had someone beep at them for sitting at the green light too long.

Maybe that's just me though :P2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you explain that the gem in your ring is a yellow sapphire and they say “no, sapphires are blue”.
So when you say “sapphires actually come in a lot of colours except red normally” and they give you the “youre a crazy woman” look and then you say “because red sapphires are actually rubies” and they are sure you’re a crazy woman.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have never been distracted by bling while in the car and had someone beep at them for sitting at the green light too long.

Me too! I got honked the other day twisting my earlobes to see my studs bling out in daylight!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they don't choose their outfit based on the bling they want to wear for the day.

When they don't consider the color of the interior of the car when purchasing based on how it will affect bling viewing.

When their dh doesn't know how to be their bling backdrop model for impromptu bling photo shoots.

When they don't carry a microfiber cloth in their pocketbooks for quick bling shining/polishing/emergency cleaning.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they don’t trust online shopping at all and feel much more comfortable shopping in a (maul) store.

When they don’t know their ring size.

When they don’t know the difference between white gold and platinum.

When they think silver is always expensive (good job, T&Co!)

When they can’t try their pendant on a different chain, because they ONLY OWN ONE NECKLACE (true story haha)

When they don’t need a box to display their jewellery in because a tiny dish holds it all.

When they buy things other than bling because their budget is not being saved purely for bling!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my BEST friend, and I love her. She is competent, no frills, practical. But, she cannot see the difference between a piece of salt and a diamond.

Statement while at Tiffany's looking at ering for her: 'I don't want the rose gold because it always rubs off to show the grey underneath'

Also

Q: 'Why is the silver ring more expensive than the gold one, and why is the other silver one labelled gold, it's not yellow?'
A: 'Because it's platinum, and the other one is white gold'
Q: 'Oh is that the same as silver?'

And

'I want a diamond a bit bigger than yours,' (points to my 0.30ct diamond), 'maybe just a little larger, like those' (proceeds to point to my 3ct equivalent 8mm CZ earrings).

Her husband lucked out. He can buy a anniversary presents from Claire's accessories and shells never notice.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my BEST friend, and I love her. She is competent, no frills, practical. But, she cannot see the difference between a piece of salt and a diamond.

Statement while at Tiffany's looking at ering for her: 'I don't want the rose gold because it always rubs off to show the grey underneath'

Also

Q: 'Why is the silver ring more expensive than the gold one, and why is the other silver one labelled gold, it's not yellow?'
A: 'Because it's platinum, and the other one is white gold'
Q: 'Oh is that the same as silver?'

And

'I want a diamond a bit bigger than yours,' (points to my 0.30ct diamond), 'maybe just a little larger, like those' (proceeds to point to my 3ct equivalent 8mm CZ earrings).

Her husband lucked out. He can buy a anniversary presents from Claire's accessories and shells never notice.
These made me laugh!
I have two friends that always remark at how shiny my jewelry is and how they should really clean theirs. I’m afraid to do it because I don’t think they would sparkle any better..:(2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That was me! :P2 b/c the guy behind me honked at me while I was playing with the sparkles of my ring. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results