shape
carat
color
clarity

"You have a suspicious lump...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon,

Sorry I am checking in late. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for you- so sorry you have to go through this. I hope everything turns out just fine. Stay strong! Hugs!!!
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,

I would love to share a bit more personally with you than I feel comfortable doing on the ''net! Do you still have my address? If so, please write to me. If not, I''ll try to get to you! We share a lot on Pricescope, but sometimes it just gets into the Too Much Information area!!! My thoughts are with you, kid! I just went through all the tests, too, and the doctors seem to be monitoring a whole heck of a lot of things on me, although NOT any suspicious BREAST lumps this time! Let''s take it to e-mail and swap stories!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks MZ for your words--you have a knack for putting things "just right". I feel for my DH--he is quite upset. Time will tell.

And Dani--I appreciate your support as well. (P.S. I always enjoy reading your informed comments on women's health! You must be great at your job!)

cheers--Sharon

ETA: I just read WNTLVR's byline and it is aporpos: Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles, it empties today of it's strength".

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sharon!! Just wanted to let you know that I really want to be here for you as a friend...but of course, if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know!!!
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb: I do not have your address, unfortunately, altho I'd love to connect with you somehow......

Alj: (just seeng your entry now); I appreciate your support as well. Here is to the hope is is "nothing" afterall. Maybe we'll go to the Zoo today, have soft ice cream and see the sights; always a fun day and it might take my mind off of everything.

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sharon you indicated that your biopsy is this morning. Just wishing you strength and hope and positive results.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2006 9:21:36 AM
Author: Sundial
Sharon you indicated that your biopsy is this morning. Just wishing you strength and hope and positive results.
HI:

Sundial--yes you were correct I did have my biopsy today. It was what I remember--slightly unpleasant but was achieved without incident. The radiologist gave me "slight" hope that it might be a fibroadenoma, as when she took the specimens she mentioned the source was "very hard"--as fa''s are. Anyway, I will have to wait 5 business days for results. Again the waiting.

Thanks SD, and all those who wished me hope and strength--you have no idea how much I appreciate all your sentiments.

cheers--Sharon

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts are with you through this tortuous "waiting" period. I have been on your side, waiting for biopsy results on 3 occasions and I know, you just want to crawl in bed and hide until that phone rings but unfortunately, we know that''s an impossibility and life must carry on. I hope that you continue to find strength in your family and that you able to look at the positive news that you have been given as a good sign of the final results to come. I wish there was a way that you could get instant results because the waiting wears you down physically and emotionally. My prayers for a good outcome!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal, thanks for the update!

while the urge may be to hide under the covers until you get the results, i''m going to envision you out smelling the roses, enjoying the taste of a good ice cream, and appreciating each and every moment of the day.

movie zombie

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update Sharon. I''ll keep you in my prayers. I know the waiting must be agony, but try to stay busy and keep your mind off it all as much as you can. Spend lots of time here on pricescope!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Girlrocks, MovieZombie and Sundial! Sincve hanigng out on PS and eating ice cream doesn''t require heavy lifting--I should be doing a lot of that in the next day or so!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you Sharon. The waiting is just the WORST. Make sure you sample lots of ice cream flavors in the meantime.
2.gif
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there, Sharon! I am following along here, even if I cannot e-mail you!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2006 8:22:48 PM
Author: AGBF

Hang in there, Sharon! I am following along here, even if I cannot e-mail you!

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Deb and FireGoddess thanks!!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update Sharon thinking of you while you wait for the results. I know the waiting is the worst part. HUGS!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2006 9:21:41 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Thanks for the update Sharon thinking of you while you wait for the results. I know the waiting is the worst part. HUGS!!!!
HI:

Thanks Lisa. I was up very early this am just thinkin and thinkin and well thinkin.......

cheers--Sharon

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2006 9:55:23 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 8/31/2006 9:21:41 PM
Author: Kaleigh
HI:

Thanks Lisa. I was up very early this am just thinkin and thinkin and well thinkin.......

cheers--Sharon
prayers outgoing .. your going to be finer than frog hair split 8 ways!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Stormdr and Madame Bijoux--appreciate your sentiments. Off to relax now--going for a facial.

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good woman! taking care of herself! besides a facial, might i suggest a massage and acupuncture?! i find these to be very relaxing and soothing.

movie zombie

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Waiting is the hardest part and I will be here waiting with you Sharon, and thinking only positive thoughts! xo

lindaAZ

Rough_Rock
Have you gotten your results yet? How long does it take? I had an abnormal mammogram followed by ultrasound a week ago last Friday. I am having ultrasound guided needle biopsy for two suspicious solid masses this Thursday. Does the biopsy hurt much? (I am in my mid forties. My mother had breast cancer two years ago. )

Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2006 10:15:14 PM
Author: lindaAZ
Have you gotten your results yet? How long does it take? I had an abnormal mammogram followed by ultrasound a week ago last Friday. I am having ultrasound guided needle biopsy for two suspicious solid masses this Thursday. Does the biopsy hurt much? (I am in my mid forties. My mother had breast cancer two years ago. )

Linda
HI Linda:

No results yet, thanks for asking. Usually the results take around 5 working days--in past, tho, I''ve had the results in as soon as three.

As to your question about the biopsy and "pain", well, the needle insertion for the freezing casses a bit of discomfort, but it is short lived. After that, one only feels the "pressure" as the samples are taken for the biopsy. Depending on where your "lumps" are, depends on whether you have much/little post-biopsy discomfort--closer to nerve masses the more discomfort. Tylenol is ususally enough to take care of the pain.

We are about the same age, but I''ve had a few lumps biopsied and removed before. Sounds like this is the first time for you--do you mind me asking how you are feeling? Hope your Mom is doing well.

regards--Sharon

lindaAZ

Rough_Rock
Hi Sharon,

I didn''t realize it would take so long to get results back. That makes it even worse - the waiting part. This was my first mammogram. I''m nervous about getting the biopsy and have been feeling uptight and anxious ever since the mammogram was done. My results were a "bi-rad 4 suspicious abnormality" which has a 25% (and up to 50%) change of malignancy. I am trying not to think too much about it and to remember that the odds are still in my favor. My mother is fine so far. Her cancer was caught early and was small. She had radiation but no chemo.

I hope you get some GOOD news soon.

Best Wishes, Linda

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2006 11:20:40 AM
Author: lindaAZ
Hi Sharon,

I didn''t realize it would take so long to get results back. That makes it even worse - the waiting part. This was my first mammogram. I''m nervous about getting the biopsy and have been feeling uptight and anxious ever since the mammogram was done. My results were a ''bi-rad 4 suspicious abnormality'' which has a 25% (and up to 50%) change of malignancy. I am trying not to think too much about it and to remember that the odds are still in my favor. My mother is fine so far. Her cancer was caught early and was small. She had radiation but no chemo.

I hope you get some GOOD news soon.

Best Wishes, Linda
HI:

Well, if memory serves, a preliminary "frozen section" can be done, and turn around time for that is much quicker. Not sure what they do where you are, but you can certainly inquire.

I understand the way you are feeling. The wait is nerve wracking as most of this process is out of our control. But it is good to chat about it. Keep in touch here with your results. Thanks for your encouragement and I offer the same for you.

regards--Sharon

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Sharon and Linda....More healthy vibes coming to both of you. You are right the waiting is horrible. About seven years ago, DH had a suspicious lump on his thyroid surgically removed. It ended up being a muti-nodular goitre which was not the news we wanted to hear. However, after waiting two agonizing weeks for the report, we had great news fronm our GP that none of the nodules was malignant. Let me tell you that a tremendous weight was lifted from both of us!

I hope the same results are forthcoming for both of you. Prayers are coming to both of you from both of us.
35.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sweetheart,
Positive vibes your way :) there is a huge rate of cancer in my family and i work in oncology, so i''m around this all the time. Keep your head up and i''ll be praying on good news for you.

~cellososweet

p.s.- about f/s (frozen section dx), they are super super preliminary. We look at specimen quickly for cell structure, shape and irregularities. I''ve seen many a frozend section diagnosis be waaay off. so, always wait for the final diagnosis to save yourself a headache :)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
checking in,, prayers continue

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cellosweet--thanks for your kind words and the update about the frozen section--I appreciate the correct information!!

Isabel and Stormdr--thanks for checking in! You know what they say about no news...

BTW, LindaAZ--how did it go today? I think you mentioned today was your biopsy day..

regards, Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have always liked the phrase no news is good news Sharon and hoping it''s good that we have no news, if that makes any sense. Hugs and hang in there girl, am praying for you. Lisa
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results