shape
carat
color
clarity

"You have a suspicious lump...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
in your breast". The 8 words in any language that no person ever wants to hear. But these were the words I heard today.

During my annual mammogram and u/s, there was some flurry of activity last week, since the tests picked up a new lump in my left breast. The radiologist was concerned, b/c unlike the other cysts present, this was a solid mass.

I am no stranger to lumps--I have very lumpy breasts--and have had at least 4 fibroadenoma''s removed and two biopsies. They have all been benign, but it is worrysome everytime. And my last removal was over 10 years ago.

I saw my breast surgeon today--I am followed very carefully since my sister had breast cancer at age 40--and he will do a core biopsy on Thursday morning. Needless to say I am worried. Sick actually. One just never knows--but I am somewhat comforted that I am in good hands.

Gosh I hate the waiting and the thinking....and thinking....and thinking......

Thanks for listening.

not so cheery--Sharon
39.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear that - I can only imagine how scared and worried and anxious you must be.

My thoughts and prayers are with you that this turns out benign as your previous incidents have.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Canuk - So very sorry that you''re going through this. But we''re all here for you (big big hugs!!!) and please keep us posted.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,
I know you are scared, who wouldn''t be?? Stay positive, hopefully all will be fine. I know all about lumps as well, and am scared every time I have a mammogram. My Nanny had breast cancer when she was 40, and she lived till the ripe old age of 94. We are here for you, big HUGS!!!!! My prayers are with you. Lisa

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fact that you''re getting an annual ultrasound in addition to the mammogram is amazing! I know it''s very scary right now, but rest assured at least this is what early detection is ALL about. We are pulling for you and are here regardless of the outcome. I''m hoping this one is just as benign as its predecessors!!!
emrose.gif
Try to keep yourself busy girl...your mind can be your worst enemy sometimes!!!

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
Sharon, don''t make yourself sick with worry.
You must stay positive.

(Jeeze, thanks for reminding me about your breasts...)

Modern medicine means this is no longer a curse. It sounds as if you are in good hands.
I''m sending positive vibes your way. Catch ''em...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

just came back from a lovely walk with my family--such a warm peaceful evening--to such kind and hopeful words!

AmberGretchen, DeeJay, Kaleigh, FireGoddess and TheDoctor--thanks for the encouragement! (David you made me laugh and that is good...). Honestly the support means the world to me; as this is a nervewracking time.

cheerier--Sharon

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
CG~
I am so sorry you''re scared! My prayers will be with you until you get your biopsy results back! Good luck!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sharon, I''m so sorry you''re having to go through all of this and, as you say, the waiting and wondering is the worst part.You''re getting great advice here and are going to have lots of support.

You''ll be in my prayers too.....Big hugs!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
OMG Sharon I am so sorry to hear this news! I am sending HUGS your way and I want you to know that I am thinking about you and sending you the most positive vibes. I know it is hard waiting, but please try to stay optimistic. So many of these things turn out to not be as serious as we fear and if necessary it is so important to get treatment early. Please keep us posted.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
So sorry you are having to go through this. Keeping you in my thoughts.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thinking of you, canuk-gal.......and waiting to hear what you find out.

movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sharon i''m sorry you have to go through this again...i will keep my fingers crossed that you hear only positive news soon!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs and positive vibes outgoing to you Sharon
35.gif
emrose.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sharon, keep positive. (I know it''s easier said...)

I find the support from PS to be extremely helpful. We''re all pulling for you.
Stay strong- you and your family are in my prayers.

Hang in there

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hang in there Sharon....we are thinking of you....!!!!!!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending positive thoughts your way....I wish you the best of luck with this!
35.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

After a rather poor night, I am overwhelmed by the kindess displayed here! Please know every word of support is greatly valued and that it really matters to me.

Thank you so much
: Irish Angel, StormDr, Isaku, Sundial, Monarch, MovieZombie, Sevens-One, Mara, Lorelei, MMM and Miranda. I really will embrace your prayers and positive thoughts.

now on with my long day.....

cheers--Sharon

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
As someone else with so much breast cancer in the family, I always feel like for me it is a "when" question, not an "if". But I can''t imagine what a shock it is to hear those words, no matter how much you prepare yourself for the possibility. I''m so sorry that you are going through this.

I''ll be thinking about you...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, sending positive vibes your way. I''m so sorry you have to deal with this and pray that it''s nothing serious. Please keep us posted. You are in my thoughts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2006 11:05:55 AM
Author: wallermama
As someone else with so much breast cancer in the family, I always feel like for me it is a 'when' question, not an 'if'. But I can't imagine what a shock it is to hear those words, no matter how much you prepare yourself for the possibility. I'm so sorry that you are going through this.

I'll be thinking about you...
HI WM:

This does ring true--however unfortunate. My sister was tested for the BCRA 1 & 2 genes and they were not found; so it was (statistically) deduced that I "likely" would not have the gene either and hence was not tested for it. But, never have I been able to rid myself of the feeling that I too will face this one day. Sadly there are no guarentees in life with anything.

Thanks for your thoughts Wallermana, and CurlyGirl thank you also.

cheers--Sharon

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sharon,

I just wanted to say that PS was a great help to me when I was going through the "kinda" same thing a few weeks ago. My heart and prayers are going out to you, and please try not to worry too much. *hugs*

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopes and prayers for a good outcome.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Prayers and peace for you during this very difficult time of waiting and wondering.

Let''s not waste any good cells on worry!!!!!!!

Now a couple of drinks, maybe
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and praying for the best....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

AmberWaves--I recall your thread and empathized completely. Glad things turned out OK for you. Madam Bijoux and Eva17--thanks for the healthy vibes; I need and appreciate them all.

I''m going to enjoy a cup of tea with an old friend. I''ll save the stronger stuff for later!

cheers--Sharon

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sharon,

Hugs to you! How utterly stressed and anxious you must be feeling....I can''t even imagine. Reading this thread its amazing to see how many people are affected by breast cancer. My good friend and coworker was just diagnosed and starts chemo today. It also runs in my family and like many of you there''s this persistent "when not if" feeling in the back of my mind.

I''m hoping and praying that the lump turns out to be only another benign growth. Hang in there Sharon.
Kristy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks KristieDarling (I always want to call you KD but you might not like that reference!). Like guilt, worry is a useless emotion, but I am human and am succumbing to it. Thur cannot come soon enuf.

Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
isn''t it interesting how logic takes a back seat to emotion in a situation like this.....perhaps this is really what makes us human.

i remember in december 1998 i got a call asking me to come back in for another mgram as they said there was something they wanted to look at. it was just before the holidays but we''ll schedule you for january. i asked if there wasn''t an appointment before then...and got it. i remember thinking: i wonder if i can walk my talk if there is a problem?! turns out it was nothing but it was impossible not to have it on my mind until i got there and they said those magic words.

perhaps at this point no news is good news?! i always think that if they found something wrong they''d call me right away.....perhaps i''m naive.

thinking good thoughts your way.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results