shape
carat
color
clarity

You guys are probably sick of this but... peachy stone?

gummybeartraps

Rough_Rock
Hey pricescope! I know based on my reading here that you guys get a lot of requests for peachy colored stones, but the leads on the previous threads have all run dry, and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels looking for this stone.

I am looking for a sapphire, spinel, or tourmaline in a light orangey/peachy/pink color. Preferably oval (skinny oval is my dream), doesn't have to be big, although I want to stay above about a 6x4mm size. Oh and... it needs to be <$300. I know that is a much lower budget than what you guys normally work with, but that being said, I don't mind passable errors in cut or some inclusions. I know I'm not going to get top of the line! I also don't mind heat treatment or moderate other treatments, as long as it doesn't affect the strength of the stone.

Here are some examples of color I LOVE. I tend to prefer more orange than pink, and less saturated of a color than the true "padparascha" color.

web_e.jpg
oval_halo_peach_sapphire_rose_gold_split_shank_diamond_micropave_ring_1.png peach-sapphre-cushion-g2k-5234.jpg certified-natural-ceylon-oval-padparadscha-sapphire-2.jpg

Anywhere you can think to look? Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not terribly durable but with care and if only worn occasionally, I feel safe recommending morganite (beryl family like aquamarine). It's also not an oval but it is elongated and a very pastel colour, well within budget.
http://www.gemartservices.com/stones.php?id=mor005
3.55 ct, 13 x 6.9 mm @ $124 total

mor005.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The first spinel is very nice but a bit expensive - I bought several from Tan - larger and all around 100$. With a custom cut a price around 180-200$ would be o.k. imo.

The morganite is excellent - nice color and cutting with a super price - hurry up!

gummybeartraps

Rough_Rock
Vidalia said:
And PristineGemstones on Etsy has this 7.2 x 5.9 mm, oval spinel listed for $220.

This was my closest contender, but in front of that white-stone background it just looks so dark. I already got burned buying and returning one stone (a tourmaline from a less than legit looking website... Currently sent to paypal for mediation but no answers yet).

The stone that I bought appeared like this on the site (approximately):

807245955.jpg

and this is what came:

2014-11-06_0.jpg

Granted it's not the best picture, but it's pretty spot on for color. A dead, park pink with brown undertones.

I would much rather it be lighter than dark, and orange than pink, if I had to pick. Thanks so much for the help guys! I bookmarked these vendors, so hopefully something will come up.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I checked at all 4 of Tan's stores for you, and I did not see anything.

You may want to consider contacting vendors to ask if they have any peach colored sapphire, not a pad (pink-peach from Sri Lanka). You will pay extra for anything that is considered a pad I bought a peach Umba sapphire from Peter Torraca a few years ago. It is a color shifter (peach to pink). It is slightly lighter in color in real life.

sap448_crop.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
gummybeartraps|1415307941|3778781 said:
LoversKites|1415305505|3778756 said:
Round Zircon, right colour, well under budget. Bet it would be very sparkly. This is one I'd consider.
http://www.gemartservices.com/stones.php?id=zir005

Omg, I just bought this. It is GORGEOUS. Thank you, thank you everyone, SO SO much! YAY! :D

Ohhh how exciting. Good choice imo. You had better post photos when you get it :devil:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!! Have a lot of fun with that beautiful stone! :appl:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
That stone will be beautiful! Yes, yes... lots of pictures please! =)

gummybeartraps

Rough_Rock
The saddest news...

I sold that zircon just last friday….so sorry. It has been up on the website a long time, probably well over a year with no interest, and now two people in less than a week.

So now I'm back on the hunt :( thinking about it, I do really want an oval. Round would be second for me, but I love ovals. Ok keep the suggestions coming!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gummybeartraps|1415316491|3778855 said:
The saddest news...

I sold that zircon just last friday….so sorry. It has been up on the website a long time, probably well over a year with no interest, and now two people in less than a week.

So now I'm back on the hunt :( thinking about it, I do really want an oval. Round would be second for me, but I love ovals. Ok keep the suggestions coming!

These might be too pink for you, but how about:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/2-dot-29ct-pink-tourmaline-pear
http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/1-dot-2-carat-padparadscha-spinel;3750
http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-colored-gemstone/beautiful-imperial-malaia-garnet-with-video-2-dot-24-cts
http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=7561
http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=6089

Vidalia

Shiny_Rock
gummybeartraps|1415316491|3778855 said:
The saddest news...

Wah! That was such a lovely choice! Keep on keeping on-you have lots of great folks helping with the hunt.

gummybeartraps

Rough_Rock
Felice|1415319294|3778878 said:

I REALLY like this one, but one time I bought a malaya garnet and it was very brown and dark. How accurate do you think the photos on multicolour.com are? I'm going to email them for more pictures, because as it appears, this one looks gorgeous.

kiwiflea

Rough_Rock
I think the description - very light, will be accurate. They have a few others too but I thought the cut looked quite nice on this one. Can they hold it for you?

gummybeartraps

Rough_Rock
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the multicolour garnet... I love the stone Marlow posted, but I worry that in certain lighting it will just be too much pink. It sounds like I'd be able to return the garnet if it doesn't look right, so I'm going to go with that one!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
gummybeartraps|1415363810|3779062 said:
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the multicolour garnet... I love the stone Marlow posted, but I worry that in certain lighting it will just be too much pink. It sounds like I'd be able to return the garnet if it doesn't look right, so I'm going to go with that one!
Just email David if it turns brown. Malayas tend to turn brown, so I stay away from them.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto the advice about the Malaya turning brown under incandescent. Do ask David before pulling the trigger.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Contact John Bradshaw - a really nice guy! Of course the spinel is more on the pink side but I have several of these stones - no brown and much closer to a pad then malaya or a imperial garnet.

gummybeartraps

Rough_Rock
Porque no los dos?

I ordered them both. I don't mind paying the $20 or so to return them. Thanks again guys!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results