shape
carat
color
clarity

You Big Stud! Upgrade Will Arrive Wed 3rd April

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
My delicious double Ds will be here in less than five days, in their slick, volume-pumping bezel settings. They are 1.12 ctw, a jump from 0.68. I can't wait! Here's a pic of the setting below, and a link to see it from the front. It says 14k but I am having settings specially made in 18k white gold.

http://www.bluenile.com/14k-white-gold-bezle-earring-settings_23977?shape=

Diamond 1
http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-d-color-si2-clarity_LD02776985?keyword_search_value=LD02776985

Diamond 2
http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-d-color-si2-clarity_LD02962621?keyword_search_value=LD02962621

How am I going to get anything done between now and then? Distraction ideas??

bezelsideview.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see ear shots. I just bought some baby bezels and was thinking of getting another pair around that size. Mine are .40ctw but on the ear they look like .80 or more.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! How exciting!! :appl:
Hmm, what to do b/w then and now, what to do...
Get your camera in perfect condition so we can see loads and loads of pics!!! That's what! :cheeky: :appl:

Seriously, I'm very excited for you!!! :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, both! Yes, camera is in fine fettle. I do wish the studs cold have got here earlier! Why has it taken them three weeks to make a setting, whyyyyyyy?

None, your baby bezels sound nice. Do they look twice the diamond weight because of the bezel? If so, mine should look like 2.24 ctw!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NonieMarie|1364606525|3416381 said:
I can't wait to see ear shots. I just bought some baby bezels and was thinking of getting another pair around that size. Mine are .40ctw but on the ear they look like .80 or more.

Have you posted pictures of your bezels? I'm thinking of getting baby bezels in the .40ctw range.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1364660764|3416726 said:
NonieMarie|1364606525|3416381 said:

Have you posted pictures of your bezels? I'm thinking of getting baby bezels in the .40ctw range.

Sorry to threadjack, you can find the pic here...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-baby-bezel-studs.187041/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-baby-bezel-studs.187041/[/URL]

I think the smaller the diamond is when bezeled, from a distance, it makes the stone look larger. I'm looking forward to seeing
"big stud" because I think they may look like 1ct studs each without the 2ctw price tag.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
NonieMarie|1364673467|3416850 said:
I think the smaller the diamond is when bezeled, from a distance, it makes the stone look larger. I'm looking forward to seeing "big stud" because I think they may look like 1ct studs each without the 2ctw price tag.

Let's hope so! I think the setting I chose is relatively thick, and I checked out the light performance very carefully so I'm pretty sure they'll sparkle well - which also makes them look bigger. I've got a super-ideal H&A 0.52 D pendant from James Allen in a nice medium-thick bezel, and when I held it up against my earlobe it looked like a saucer!

In the last few months both my husband and mother have been diagnosed with chronic lifelong conditions so I'm really hoping these big studs will put the pep back in my step, after all the worry!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm so sorry to hear bout your hubby and your mom. What rotten news! :(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry as well and hope your new earrings bring you some welcome excitement!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, both! Yeah, I'm hoping they'll make me feel all fresh and princessy, instead of downtrodden and worried!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, both! Yeah, I'm hoping they'll make me feel all fresh and princessy, instead of downtrodden and worried!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the bad news. You will love your new studs.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. And I HOPE I will love them...but to tell you the truth I'm a little worried that they will be too big for me. My personal aesthetic is small and delicate, but I love my pendant of similar size, and these diamonds were a very good price. I bought them as a lifetime item, so instead of deciding at 50 that it's time for bigger diamonds as a more mature lady, I've grabbed them now, in my thirties, at today's prices. But I am a little worried that they will seem too big! My previous ones were only 0.68 ctw.

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I think the "too big" will depend on the thickness of the bezel. The size of the diamonds should be just right for good presence without being too big for your preference of something smaller.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It was dificult to judge the thickness of the bezel from BN's pictures. If they're too bulky then I guess I can always get them re-set into prongs or martinis.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure they will look great!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Argh, I'm having major nerves! Tomorrow is the day...I've waited almost a month. What if I hate them? It was a lot of money and upgrades can't be easily changed or refunded. What if, what if, what if. Struggling with an uncharacteristic sense of buyer's remorse...which I shouldn't because yes we can afford them and the last 15 months has been absolutely horrid with so many problems that close family members are having. But right now I'm just wishing I hadn't ordered them. It's like with my A-level results (government-set exams that the British take at 18 that basically determine your whole future) - I got to the point during the three-month wait for the results that I genuinely didn't care if I never received them.

I haven't had a shipping notice from Blue Nile...maybe they're not coming! Maybe they forgot about my order! Phew!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your bad news. Can't wait to see these babies!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lordy, they've shipped. I've just had an email. What if I hate them??

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try not to worry - I really think you're going to love them! They sound beautiful, I'm sure they're going to look great!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure they will be beautiful. If they are too big then you can return them. BN has a great return policy. I've had to return and they refund the money very quickly.

stci

Ideal_Rock
It's sooooooooon to be yours! Just one day to wait honey! :appl: :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Returning them wouldn't be that simple because it's an upgrade - .e. I bought the first "half" of the studs, (value-wise) two years ago and then paid double the original spend just now to upgrade (while getting 100% credit for the first pair) and the original setting has of course been laid to waste...I mean, if I didn't like them I could switch out the diamonds, wasting another setting, but refunds are rather complex with this upgrade situation.

I've been feeling better, anyway.

I don't like thin, flimsy bezels since there doesn't seem much point to them, the point is to have a proper ring of metal around the diamond, for style factors or diamond-plumping factors. However, I do wonder if the setting I chose will be too thick on 1.12 ctw.

Guess I don't have long to wait - they'll be here tomorrow!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wishing you a good sleep! I know I probably wouldn't get any in your situation!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Halleluia!! let the bells ring and the birds sing ---- today's the day!!!! WOO HOO!! Hurry up FedEx - can't wait to see them posted here!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
They are HERE! And they are.....out of this world, surpassing all my expectations. Am busy photographing and will start a new thread with pix within the hour.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOO HOOOO!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Just taking a photo break to have some breakfast. I went to bed at 2.30am this morning so when FedEx rang the buzzer at 8.45 it felt like the middle of the night!

There ARE some admin issues - one of the backs is not OK so I'kll have to get another back at E.B. Horn and BN said they will pay for it, I've got a GCAL light performance doc for one earring but not the other, and the valuation is vastly inflated at $5650 instead of their true cost of $3200. I don't want to pay a huge premium with Jeweler's Mutual so BN will have to revise it down. Regardless, the diamonds are so beautiful that none of the admin matters are detracting from the enjoyment! They are S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1942|1364997845|3419274 said:
Yes! Just taking a photo break to have some breakfast. I went to bed at 2.30am this morning so when FedEx rang the buzzer at 8.45 it felt like the middle of the night!

There ARE some admin issues - one of the backs is not OK so I'kll have to get another back at E.B. Horn and BN said they will pay for it, I've got a GCAL light performance doc for one earring but not the other, and the valuation is vastly inflated at $5650 instead of their true cost of $3200. I don't want to pay a huge premium with Jeweler's Mutual so BN will have to revise it down. Regardless, the diamonds are so beautiful that none of the admin matters are detracting from the enjoyment! They are S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!

ok, chow down and lets get these pics up!! i'm excited for you - they sound gorgeous! I'm sure BN won't have any issues with the forms and revising the valuation.

How awesome to finally be getting your double D's!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I've got 16 photos, I wrote a long post and was attaching the pix when my computer decided to go all funny and I lost the post. It's now running really slow. TYPICAL! Going to re-start it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results