shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOW ME YOUR BABY BEZEL STUDS

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post your baby bezel studs? Trying to get a feel for size. UNDER .50ctw please. :wavey:

Not in a rush or making plans, but I priced some .25ctw and .30 ctw out and wanna see what sizes look like in the ears with bezels.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are my everday go-tos ::) 0.1ctw
(unflattering ear closeup warning... :-o )

babybezels.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

yssie said:
Mine are my everday go-tos ::) 0.1ctw
(unflattering ear closeup warning... :-o )

babybezels.jpg
Wow! 0.1ctw? I've been thinking about buying baby bezels for my SIL's birthday. That or a dbty or bracelet. These are so cute! All I saw on BGD and elsewhere were .5ctw or so. Maybe I saw .25ctw. Where did you get these?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT they're from Tiffany, from the Elsa Peretti dbty line. I've had them for three years or so and they've held up really well w/ regular wear - guess there's not much to make plat patina on your ears! I don't see them on the site but there's a 0.06ctw pair... Upped the ante on How low can you go...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh good size! Oh they make the plat that size? Sweet. I only seem to find them in the larger sizes in Plat.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ones that Yssie posted are not babies :D Here come the babies... tcw .06, hehehe! Set in 18kt yellow gold!

_4588.jpg

bezels.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol! Thanks!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
These are mine from BGD - 0.25 ctw in 18k white gold

photo__14_3.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the WF baby bezels in the .30pt ctw and LOVE them. Photo shows them with a tiny pair of white gold balls in my second hole. I usually just wear the bezels by themselves.

babybezels.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jax172|1363707786|3408635 said:
These are mine from BGD - 0.25 ctw in 18k white gold
Do you have a way to measure these? I am between the .25 and .30 and got a price on both, which isn't far apart (platinum tho). I am trying to figure out if the size difference is going to be noticeable enough to go with the slightly bigger ones or not. Right now I feel like going with the smaller ones, if and when I do it.

A friend of mine is interested in buying my little martini ones, since I really never wear them. I don't know if I'd wear these anymore than those. I felt like these sitting flatter to my head and not having prongs might get more wear....I don't know. I use so much gunk in my hair (colored stuff) that I generally tend to not bother...I dunno what to do.

Right now it's a nonissue since house crap comes first. But I can't decide what to do if I get them.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedid|1363708098|3408642 said:
I have the WF baby bezels in the .30pt ctw and LOVE them. Photo shows them with a tiny pair of white gold balls in my second hole. I usually just wear the bezels by themselves.
Do you have a super closeup of these? How big do they measure edge to edge?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedid|1363715419|3408749 said:
Hi ame, I posted a bunch of photos here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-have-wf-baby-bezels-coming-my-way-today.144076/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-have-wf-baby-bezels-coming-my-way-today.144076/[/URL]

Not sure what they measure edge to edge but I can try to measure them later today for you! Don't know that it will help much though, as all I have is a standard tape measure or a ruler and these are so tiny.
OH thanks!!! And I see LynnB has a pair too. I need to re-search this board. When I searched I got like...random stuff that was not useful.

I am trying to figure out if they're going to be bigger than my current studs. If that makes sense, though if the bezel is bigger on those than say the BGD that might impact the size overall? I dunno. Im curious. My studs now are .16s-ish per stone. But in a martini.

:wavey:

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think (in general) the WF bezels are a little heavier and thicker than the BGD. I have the Barbara pendant from BGD and it is a VERY fine, thin bezel. But the baby bezels I got from WF were "handmade" bezels, so I don't consider them overly thick either. I think since mine are .30 total, in the WF bezel they would be a tad larger than 16ish each in a martini.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok excellent. Good comparison. I did look through Jax's thread and a few others about it. AND I finally found this one that has a PERFECT comparison from Lynn, though it looks like BGD has evolved their bezel a bit in time:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-little-late-sorry-my-beautful-little-baby-bezel-diamond-studs-by-bgd.128792/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-little-late-sorry-my-beautful-little-baby-bezel-diamond-studs-by-bgd.128792/page-2[/URL]

She has a .17 stone in a stud on the far right there, and then shows her .12 bezel on the left.

From her post: Baby bezels (.12 each); martini set studs (.73 and .74 each); and other martini set studs (.45 and baby bling .17).

lynnball_studs_in_a_row_1.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame that's an awesome comparison - nice find!!

The bezels do seem to have a lot more *presence* than the lone martini on the end but I can't tell how much of that's because of the way they're positioned in the photo...

I'm not sure at what size they go from 'drops of sparkle' (mine, Naty's) to more substantial 'statement' earrings - Katie's look like they cross that line to me?

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Here are mine from IDJ, .40ctw.

sam_0419.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1363721175|3408847 said:
Ame that's an awesome comparison - nice find!!

The bezels do seem to have a lot more *presence* than the lone martini on the end but I can't tell how much of that's because of the way they're positioned in the photo...

I'm not sure at what size they go from 'drops of sparkle' (mine, Naty's) to more substantial 'statement' earrings - Katie's look like they cross that line to me?
I absolutely DO NOT want them larger than Katies or Jax's. I want them subtle but there. If that makes sense.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think I do know what you mean ame! I only have two pairs of diamond earrings - these and 2.5ctw studs. I pick these lil' guys nine out of ten times... they're super comfortable, discreet, they go with everything, and I think they're adorable ::) The tiny size feels (and IMO looks) very deliberate.

Now I want to go try on 0.06ctw..!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1363724857|3408920 said:
I actually think I do know what you mean ame! I only have two pairs of diamond earrings - these and 2.5ctw studs. I pick these lil' guys nine out of ten times... they're super comfortable, discreet, they go with everything, and I think they're adorable ::) The tiny size feels (and IMO looks) very deliberate.

I emailed Tiffs for a price on the Plat to see if they still sold them. The .10s are $1025 (?) and the .28 were $1775 (?) and I almost choked.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1363725777|3408933 said:

I emailed Tiffs for a price on the Plat to see if they still sold them. The .10s are $1025 (?) and the .28 were $1775 (?) and I almost choked.

:o :shock: Guess that's Tiffany for you, lol.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1363727214|3408952 said:
ame|1363725777|3408933 said:

:o :shock: Guess that's Tiffany for you, lol.

:-o
Wow. Um. Apparently they've hiked the prices.
:-o

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll also add that my photos make them look bigger than they look IRL. Nobody is that close to your ears (well, MOST people aren't) so from a normal distance mine are still nice and dainty. I think the .25s or the .30s are perfect.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great shot in that thread with a comparison as well!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bumping to ask a question...

Those of you that wear these on a daily basis...do you notice them when you're on the phone often? One thing that DOES bug me about my studs, any normal prong studs, is that when I am on my work phone, they are like...there, and annoying. I can't really adjust the phone in a manner that doesn't get me stabbed in the neck or otherwise have the stud banging on the earpiece in an uncomfortable and loud way. I know that's mostly operator error, and general airheadedness, but I am on the phone a lot, and it's annoying as hell. Do you have that issue with the bezels? Id think not bec there are no prongs to "catch" on the earpiece.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey ame, I don't notice them much at all. I'm not on the phone a ton with my work, but when I am, I never feel those earrings clinking around or stabbing my neck. My martinis on the other hand, do. I'm wearing the martinis today and noticed that exact thing this morning. I've seriously considered having the martinis bezeled for this very reason. I would love to send them to BGD to do their beautiful milgrain bezel. :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK That answers that question then!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just buy them already woman! :appl: :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results