shape
carat
color
clarity

Yoram's first MMD, my Octavia

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words- it really is nice to have such a great place to learn! May you all enjoy your sparkles ;-)

dreamscape

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful set! And how neat to have the first MMD Octavia and be able to watch the process unfold as the cutting proceeded, so very cool! Wear your lovely stones in good health :)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s really beautiful and looks like perfect on you. Love all the fire!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I've never seen an Octavia set in a ring and you've done it to perfection. And with that band! I had to walk around for an hour to find something to say about your set. I love Asschers and yours are so beautiful that I was speechless.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
The blog post is up! And it’s such an amazing read! Thank you for the journey @diagem!!

I want to add that when I sold my oec, I thought I would never see those fascinating color flashes again that old cuts are known for. And it made me sad. However, I was unprepared for the splendid color light show that my “Cherry” (my Octavia’s name- Yoram inspired the name when he told me months ago that the baby pink color was the cherry on top of it all!) constantly gives! It’s like hundreds of oecs sitting on my finger! The precision is perfect! The brightness is perfect! And the colored light display is perfect! Needless to say, I am thrilled beyond words with this special diamond!!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
The blog post is up! And it’s such an amazing read! Thank you for the journey @diagem!!

I want to add that when I sold my oec, I thought I would never see those fascinating color flashes again that old cuts are known for. And it made me sad. However, I was unprepared for the splendid color light show that my “Cherry” (my Octavia’s name- Yoram inspired the name when he told me months ago that the baby pink color was the cherry on top of it all!) constantly gives! It’s like hundreds of oecs sitting on my finger! The precision is perfect! The brightness is perfect! And the colored light display is perfect! Needless to say, I am thrilled beyond words with this special diamond!!

I‘m so happy you fell in love with your diamond! Yorams Blogpost is so interesting and all I wanted to do after reading it was order a mmd from him!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy crap I took a few months off of PS and somehow missed this glorious work of art!!!!! I am so happy the octavia went to a PSer. I was devastated when I inquired and realized it was out of my budget but am thrilled to live vicariously through you!!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your Octavia is absolutely gorgeous and it looks right at home on your hand. :love: Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!! I am so happy for you!!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
A little update... due to some knuckle issues, my Octavia needed a new dress. This was hard. Again! ha :loopy: I almost went with a Cliq basic setting, but it just didn't "fit" the stone. I kept coming back to @kenny's and @Dancing Fire's Boone settings. Then @lovedogs got one of his settings too, and I just couldn't get the idea out of my mind. I searched and searched his settings and none ever felt right. Then one day it clicked! He had a marquise setting that was perfect, if it would work. I did some computer mock ups and gave Bruce a call. Yes, that should work!! Woohoo! I shipped my octavia and the day he received it, he was on the computer designing! A few short days later, it was on it's way back to me- amazing!

This setting is the most comfortable ring I have ever worn! There is no spinning, it is so lightweight, and my diamond stays soooo much cleaner (still can't figure this out, but it's true)! And when I clean it everyday, I don't have to take the ring off- it is so easy to clean! The setting is very "me". I like settings that are substantial yet dainty too, and this is perfect! It is unique and different, yet simple and classic. I love it! So here it is...

IMG_5749 2.jpg IMG_5641 2.jpg IMG_5642 2.jpg IMG_5695 2.jpg IMG_5754 2.jpg IMG_5760.jpg IMG_5763.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5766.jpg
    IMG_5766.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 289

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very wonderful!
Enjoy that baby and welcome to the Octavia family. :clap:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :kiss2: Congrats!. Tension settings are so much easier to clean. The only negative side is that you can't resize a tension setting. The good news is that my Boone setting is inexpensive to replace.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Other wordly beautiful. And thank you for sharing info on the setting. Very interesting and non-traditional, I love the asymmetry.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Incredibly amazing! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results