shape
carat
color
clarity

Yoram's first MMD, my Octavia

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
I found Pricescope almost three years ago, while researching for an new stone. I had begun an asscher cut search and was struggling finding a good performing stone. While trying to figure cut out, I stumbled into the land of antique cut stones. I loved them and switched my search to them. I found a glorious 10mm OEC and cherished it for 2 years! Unfortunately, the size made me uncomfortable pretty quickly (I would have never guess that!). As much as I adored KOTA, I felt that a smaller stone would be a better fit for me. It was a hard decision to come to, but a wonderful PS'er made it much easier by loving KOTA as much as I did! Then I had to figure out what to do... OECs are wonderful but I didn't know if I wanted another "search". I almost decided on a CBI but in my heart, I knew I wanted a different shape. I want to add that HPD had impeccable service as I made my decision- they are top notch! However, I kept coming back to my heart wanting an asscher cut. But I didn't even know where to start. I found myself dreaming of an Octavia, but I knew that @joelly had purchased the last one and that an Octavia was not an option. :(

After looking a little bit for an asscher, I decided to reach out to Yoram to see if he was doing any custom cuts. He responded that he would be happy to do a custom cut for me but it may take a while due to the lack of rough supply (from covid). I was not in a rush and wanted to think it through. Not even two days later, I happened to check the Gem Concepts IG page and saw Yoram beginning the process of cutting a MMD. The image that popped up was of the digital image of the shape of the stone. I knew it was an Octavia the second I saw it! As fast as my fingers could type, I asked Yoram if it was available to purchase if it really was going to be an Octavia. I was in shock and hoped beyond hope that it was still available! He responded the next day (due to time differences) that it was available and yes, I could purchase it- I was giddy! It was better than I could have imagined and I would get to be part of his journey to a MMD cut diamond!

It was amazing to receive emails every couple days to see progress and hear about the process of cutting an Octavia. It was truly fascinating and a masterpiece in the works. Finally the day came that Yoram was happy with the completion and the stone was shipped. From the best I can calculate, it took about 13 days of cutting to complete- I am excited to hear the final number in the blog article. I could hardly wait! It took less than a week to arrive and when I opened the box, I gasped out loud. I could not have imagined a stone so incredible. It finished at 2.53ct (7.63mm) and with a faint pink tint (G/H color). Yoram loved the faint pink tint and I do too! I also asked to purchase 7 of his antique cut asschers (these are mined) to wear with the Octavia- they also were amazing!

I debated so long trying to figure out if I should make two separate rings or one, combining all the stones. I settled on one ring... and then I changed my mind- ha! David Klass was creating my rings. I had a 7 stone band design ready. I thought I had a solitaire design, but it wasn't quite right. It took many long hours to figure out what I needed to tweak, but it finally hit me and we adjusted the design. David and Amy sent me a new model and it was perfect- I shipped off my stones and the wait began.

A little over two weeks later, the rings came and I knew that I was holding my "forever" set. It is the perfect size for my finger (size 5, but for my knuckles the rings are a 5.5) and I feel perfectly comfortable wearing them! Yay! I am anxiously waiting Yoram's blog post to report on this amazing stone. I feel like a very lucky lady to have this special stone! It is magical!! Enough talk, on to the pictures ;-)

IMG_3625.jpg IMG_3626.jpg IMG_3627.jpg IMG_3632.jpg IMG_3641.jpg IMG_3643.jpg IMG_3672.jpg IMG_3683.jpg IMG_3700.PNG IMG_3705.PNG IMG_3715.PNG

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So incredibly beautiful!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh what a magnificent set! The Octavia just comes to life in a simple striking setting and the asscher band is perfect with it. Love this!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! What a stunning beauty she is. And the 7 stone is the perfect match. I am sure the wait was worth every second. Wear in joy and health.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is breathtaking. It really came out brilliantly (no pun intended.) What a fun journey and being a part of diamond history!

What size asschers did you choose? The proportions with the Octavia are out of sight.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Oh that is breathtaking. It really came out brilliantly (no pun intended.) What a fun journey and being a part of diamond history!

What size asschers did you choose? The proportions with the Octavia are out of sight.

The asschers are the ones on Yoram’s site, they are the .25ct ones!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMDelicious! Yoram never disappoints. Stunning ❤️

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping a PSer got that gorgeous Octavia! It is a work of art as well as science considering Karl's design and Yoram's execution! I agree that this is a very wearable size and I love the tab prongs on the setting. The band is beautiful, too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your perfect set!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness!! Stunning!!!!! Perfection!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Perfection! One of the most beautiful sets ever, and I love that it is half MMD, half mined!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have come to your second thread just to comment again because OH EM GEE do you have the most amazing set!

Each ring alone is a work of art. Together, sublime.

Enjoy to the fullest.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! What a stunning set!! And Yoram cut stones to boot! Congrats!!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Really, congratulation on such a spectacular piece. I watch the video over and over ....:praise:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
It’s amazing wow wow wow!!!!! The set is TDF indeed!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results