shape
carat
color
clarity

Yoo Hoo DianaBanana - it''s August

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
What news my dear?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
YOO HOO # TWO!!!

LS

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Didn''t she say she was going on holiday and back August 10?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dangit-the 10th?? Argh!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
YOO HOO! YOU''RE LONG OVER DUE-DUE!!!!

LS

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooooooh cannot wait for this one
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like she has something exciting planned? Can someone please refresh my memory as to what’s this hot piece of news?

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Here the link, Chrono. Can''t wait to see it, myself.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2009 5:02:37 PM
Author: brendaman
Here the link, Chrono. Can't wait to see it, myself.
Thanks.
35.gif
I can see why there's so much excitement too. I can't wait to see the end result.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Yoo, hoo - DIANA Gailey hollers!

Throw us a bone, it''s nearly September for heaven''s sake!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She must have fainted after receiving the completed ring. Quick! Someone needs to go over to revive her.
11.gif
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Where''s the BLUEBLINGLUSCIOUSNESS????

LS

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ladies...thanks for remembering!

So I received an email from Rachael on Monday advising that my ring was ready to go as soon as they receive the final payment. I asked for a picture of the completed ring and received that on Wednesday......and.....my heart dropped into my stomach.

Here is the picture they sent me....beautiful, yes, but not what I wanted.
23.gif
I thought she sent me a picture of the wrong ring but nope, this is mine.

r1317-a.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is a beautiful ring but oh no
39.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MY! It is gorgeous......but it is not what you wanted??
6.gif
What are you going to do know??? I have to admit that my heart skipped a beat when I saw it as it reminded me quite a bit of my ring.............
3.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring...but what happened?
23.gif

geoffreysnow

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:22:06 PM
Author: DianaBanana
Hey Ladies...thanks for remembering!

So I received an email from Rachael on Monday advising that my ring was ready to go as soon as they receive the final payment. I asked for a picture of the completed ring and received that on Wednesday......and.....my heart dropped into my stomach.

23.gif

Sorry to hear it didn''t turn out how you had hoped. What was it that you wanted different?

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful mistake!!!
2.gif
it really is gorgeous, but disappointing to hear its not what you wanted
7.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock

Yup, it was meant to be like Leon''s oval sapphire but with a 2 row halo instead of a 3 row. I think he may have confused my order with another when drawing up the work since the pictures I sent him were very specific and his own drawing showed the correct shank. I used a picture of Harriet''s spinel to illustrate the size of melee I liked so perhaps that is where the split shank idea came from - I NEVER ever said I wanted a split shank, in fact, the photo collage I sent said I didn''t want one!

Oy Vey!

I hestitated in posting my experience because I know many people are leery of doing custom work with a long distance vendor....especially one who will not provide a drawing and one with a bit of a reputation if you know what I mean!

2.gif

My experience with Leon has been great, he''s been friendly and professional through the whole process. I was totally freaked when I saw the picture. I figured I''d need pay for a custom ring that wasn''t at all what I wanted but we had a great telephone conversation on Friday - he admits that something went wrong in the communication process and he will remake the ring for me. Whew...what a relief!

I would still recommend Leon without hesitation but I would have the work order reflect the specifics in lay terms as well as his technical terminology (shank to be the same as 1-0054, etc.). According to him, the description on the work order matches the ring he produced but the wording was complex enough that it wasn''t clear to me that''s what I was getting!

32.gif

Here is the photo collage that I sent to him - I think it clearly illustrated what I wanted....

Final Concept For Sapphire Ring Diana.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Diana, I''m so sorry you are going through this. I have to admit I did wonder if all was well in paradise. I''m pleased to hear that Leon is going to re-make the ring for you. I am sure it will be worth waiting for. If it''s any consolation to you, the ring he did produce looks magnificent, so I have no doubt that when you finally get your ring it will be equally magnificent.

No-one is above making a mistake. The trick is to learn from those mistakes and put in place procedures that will prevent the same mistake from happening again. And the honourable thing is to face up to the mistake and to put it right.

Thank you for posting your experience. It is a nerve wracking process to deal with a long distance vendor. Especially when you are on opposing sides of the pond or the 49th parallel.

Hugs honey.
XX

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''m relieved to hear there will be a do-over-- too bad it means more waiting!! (let''s try to look at it this way, now your lovely sapph will have had the pleasure of living in not one, but two homes made by Leon in its lifetime! lucky sapphire if you ask me
2.gif
)

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 8:49:25 PM
Author: Gailey
Diana, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have to admit I did wonder if all was well in paradise. I'm pleased to hear that Leon is going to re-make the ring for you. I am sure it will be worth waiting for. If it's any consolation to you, the ring he did produce looks magnificent, so I have no doubt that when you finally get your ring it will be equally magnificent.

No-one is above making a mistake. The trick is to learn from those mistakes and put in place procedures that will prevent the same mistake from happening again. And the honourable thing is to face up to the mistake and to put it right.

Thank you for posting your experience. It is a nerve wracking process to deal with a long distance vendor. Especially when you are on opposing sides of the pond or the 49th parallel.

Hugs honey.
XX
Thanks Gailey....did you see the claws?? Those are pretty sweet!
30.gif

I don't want anyone to feel too sorry for me though, my new James Meyer ring (1.74 K VS2 Brian Gavin!) arrived today and I am in LOVE!! And I'm BROKE!
36.gif

ETA - Jim Meyer is fantabulous to work with - no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him. He's working on a pendant design for my Peter Torraca peridot, can't wait to see what he comes up with.

DianaBanana JM small.JPG

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 9:15:28 PM
Date: 8/15/2009 8:49:25 PM

Author: Gailey

Diana, I''m so sorry you are going through this. I have to admit I did wonder if all was well in paradise. I''m pleased to hear that Leon is going to re-make the ring for you. I am sure it will be worth waiting for. If it''s any consolation to you, the ring he did produce looks magnificent, so I have no doubt that when you finally get your ring it will be equally magnificent.

Hugs honey.

XX

Thanks Gailey....did you see the claws?? Those are pretty sweet!
30.gif

I don''t want anyone to feel too sorry for me though, my new James Meyer ring (1.74 K VS2 Brian Gavin!) arrived today and I am in LOVE!! And I''m BROKE!
36.gif

ETA - Jim Meyer is fantabulous to work with - no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him. He''s working on a pendant design for my Peter Torraca peridot, can''t wait to see what he comes up with.
Im HOPEFULLY having ajmes meyer make my e-rong (I need to get the soon to be fiance on board) but I want him to do it with a 1.25 oval.. (style similiar with the 1345 only with 2 small diamonds on the side) its nice to hear he is good to work with.

AAAANNNDD I cant wait to see this finished

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well shoot, Diana! I''m sorry it didn''t turn out the way you thought! It''s gorgeous tho..Well, now I guess we''ll just pace and wait until the right ring is ready! And that JM!!! I looked and didn''t see a thread on it madam, and I would quite like to know more about it and see a zillion more pictures!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
DB- so sorry for the mix-up but good that Leon agreed and is redoing it from scratch. It can be so frustrating when people don''t really listen... guess it was a miscommunication but at least he is standing behind his product.
Good luck this time around- hope you will LOVE it!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
DB hope you'll get the exact style you're after, even though the mistake was a beautifully made ring. I think it's best to at least provide a crude sketch to make sure everything is correct.
8.gif

That JM ring is just gorgeous!

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s kind comments - stay tuned for take two!
31.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry this happened. I also have been through the disappointment of receiving a ring that is not of the design I thought we understood. Hopefully, the next one will be perfect now that he knows exactly what you are looking for. I can understand how the miscommunication occured since the collage showed mostly split shanks and it wasn''t clear that is not what you wanted. Perhaps you can get a revised quote too since there will be less diamonds :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry that the setting was not what you thought you will be receiving but am glad that Leon is taking care of you and will be re-doing it. So I guess it’ll be another 6 weeks of waiting? As for the RB in the JM ring, it is gorgeous, not to mention how huge it is on your finger.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 7:22:06 PM

23.gif

OMG..... I felt kind of terrified for you after reading that. But I am so glad that Leon will remake your ring. However, its current incarnation is pretty darn tempting. Perhaps we''ll see it for sale on his website soon
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results