shape
carat
color
clarity

Yolo purchase/splurge

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Hi all does anyone know if there are shoes similar to this one (with the slit on the side)? I've tried to look but the searches come up with shoes I don't even like.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If the biggest problem with the current pair is some dents, but they're the right size and comfortable. Then I would not switch them for another pair that was 1/2 a size too small.

After a month of wear you would have been expecting some wear and tear to show up anyway. And whether the original condition was pristine or a bit scuffed as you are describing, they would have looked almost the same after 1 months wear. If the shoe is 1/2 size too small then that'll continue to impact you for the entire time you own it.

150 for boots is not much. It is going to probably be hard to find something considerably undercutting this price which you will like and get good wear out of. In this situation I would probably try to wait it out 1 season if you already have enough pairs -- then you can reproach it once more models are released.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I'm more concerned about the folded and creased shaft. I hate the way it looks! But I like the color and style so much. I definitely can't do a half size down. I tried, but it was too uncomfortable. $150 is a lot for me. Especially since I'm splurging on a new stone! I have until tomorrow to return

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I really like this one specifically. Something about the split at the top part. I mean, am I being picky about the dents and folds?

Yes. You are being too picky. A lot of new shoes/clothing are distressed to give it a worn look. Also, you are the only person that is going to pick up your boots and stare at the imperfections. Most people would not give your boots more than a quick glance. If you love the style and price, just keep it!

:)

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Yes. You are being too picky. A lot of new shoes/clothing are distressed to give it a worn look. Also, you are the only person that is going to pick up your boots and stare at the imperfections. Most people would not give your boots more than a quick glance. If you love the style and price, just keep it!

:)

If I'm paying $150 I expect them to be pristine, that's why, lol. Also I can understand a worn look, but the shaft isn't supposed to be folded into itself. Well, I decided to keep them because I just like the style and color too much after trying them on again.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can try to put it on a shoe form (or wad some clothes up over cardboard or whatever) and then put a hairdryer on it on hot to see if you can get it formed nicely. You may need to get the leather wet first and then oil it after, but I'd try it without wetting it before using more extreme methods.

Here's a link but you can google for many more: https://bootmoodfoot.com/get-creases-out-of-leather-shoes/

The nice thing about leather as opposed to other shoe materials is that you CAN work it a bit after you get the item. My husband is shocked every time I buy a thousand dollar pair of heels and immediately put the toebox-stretchers and crank them until the leather looks almost like it will give way, but I love both pointed-toe shoes AND comfort, lol.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
You can try to put it on a shoe form (or wad some clothes up over cardboard or whatever) and then put a hairdryer on it on hot to see if you can get it formed nicely. You may need to get the leather wet first and then oil it after, but I'd try it without wetting it before using more extreme methods.

Here's a link but you can google for many more: https://bootmoodfoot.com/get-creases-out-of-leather-shoes/

The nice thing about leather as opposed to other shoe materials is that you CAN work it a bit after you get the item. My husband is shocked every time I buy a thousand dollar pair of heels and immediately put the toebox-stretchers and crank them until the leather looks almost like it will give way, but I love both pointed-toe shoes AND comfort, lol.

:eek2: Id be scared to mess it up. I might try it some time though

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your new boots! I'm glad you decided to keep them. Enjoy them!

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
I wore these bad boys out today- to pick up a new stone of all things! I even wore tight skinny jeans (which I normally hate) on a day I was going to stuff myself silly on japanese food and wanted to loose pants for maximum gut expansion. Thankfully the skinny jeans was low rise and my gut expanded above it.

Attachments

• 20191110_175854.jpg
    20191110_175854.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20191110_180116.jpg
    20191110_180116.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 29
  • P1030522.JPG
    P1030522.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 25

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look great! And such a beautiful gem :love:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, love those boots. That leather is wonderful, even though it sort of has that “distressed” look. I’m sure you’ll get many years of wear out of them.
and the Zircon, lucky you, it’s beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Shijitake Zirconlicious! And the boots are great too. Nice going.:love:

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone. I hope my feet don't grow bigger again. I miss sandal season but I love these shoes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results